Ponies After People 897 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Starscribe
Group Admin

So, you're looking for somewhere to hang out and talk about LPoE stuff in real time. The forum is nice, but it's slow and boring. Where to go? How about checking out our official discord room! Yes, it's true we used to have a skype room, but the times are marching on and so our official room is now located on Discord instead.

For those who don't know, Discord is a persistent chat and voice service where servers can be accessed from your web browser without making an accounts. Desktop clients are available for windows, mac, iOS and Android devices. Of course, the service is completely free.

Click here to join the room right now!

The room is persistent, and I'll be around there most of the time (when I can be). We've also got a neat little bot going, in case we decide to do anything with that. As of this posting it's just me, my editors, and the artist in there, but I'm hoping that's going to change soon. Consider this an open invitation, we would love to have you!

4530065 GG

Welp, time to finally get Skype on my new Laptop. And remember mah password.

4530082 Does this mean you have yet another place to art?

Oh goodie.

Damn it I have safari.

Yeah, copypasting doesn't work.

Tell you what, my skype name is Masterweaver, just invite me to the chatroom.

Starscribe
Group Admin

Are you on chrome? Have to either use firefox, IE, or make it a bookmark before clicking on there. That problem is pretty frequent. If it doesn't work, I'll try to add you when I wake up in the morning.

Go ahead and add to the OP that the link also doesn't work for Linux users. Yeah, the Linux version of Skype is old and crappy, but it works well enough for me.

4530065 It's broken for me. It puts me in an empty group, and the text box has "You have left this group" in it.

I'm going to join in a bit. ^.^ It'll be easier to talk to you about updates to the game this way as well.

Starscribe
Group Admin

There, got a little script written. The new link should work for anyone, so long as they have skype installed.

There is a bot in the room?

4530065 Link is broken now.:ajbemused:

Can you just put in the copypaste link as well?

Two Bit
Group Admin

4534370 Aren't you already in the room?

4534391 I have no idea, this week is the first I've ever messed with Skype.

For those joining: this group is pretty lenient, and people are going to say some mature stuff. There are, however, a few unwritten rules, and you're not going to get away with just saying anything. I unknowingly sacrificed my dignity to learn this, so don't do it to yourself.

Uh, link is broken for me, or well it is asking me to open it up with an application or something.

what do I do now?

Or do you want my skype name to be added to the group?

I hope you all do not mind the questions. I would like to join the group, as I really enjoy the story.

I get an error.

Can I just send you a contact request then you can place me in the chatroom?

The link isn't working, I get an error that says the connection was refused. Can I second 4537316 's request?

Starscribe
Group Admin

For anyone having trouble...

Yes, the link will open in an external application. (Skype).

However, it does appear the redirect is now broken. Go ahead and send a message to me on skype if you have trouble ( loner_pichu is my skype address), and I will manually add you to the group.

Starscribe
Group Admin

UPDATE: Fixed the skype link, but still feel free to message me on skype directly if you have trouble.

I don't seem to be able to join the group. The first time I clicked, I joined a group with six people, but was immediately booted out. Second time, it says I can't join the conversation.

Ok It took me a while to get the link working and I am now able to see the group in Skype. It says that the host has yet to accept me. Just wondering if this is supposed to be happening since Is the first time I have used Skype at all and I have been having a lot of issues with it.

Starscribe
Group Admin

UPDATE: For those reading this thread a little confused, note that we have switched away from Skype and now use discord instead. The main post has been changed to reflect that fact.

5079994 probably should just make a new post and delete this one.

Please PLEASE tell me the discord still exists.

I was so excited to see that there was a PAP group, let alone that there is a DISCORD. Me and my friend have been making a non canon story in Merchant Mariners universe of the story, and my small group would absolutely LOVE to be in the Discord!

To my knowledge it still exists, I had some good times in it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28