My Little Britain 121 members · 315 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Seriously. You guys couldn't finish the job? :trixieshiftleft:

:scootangel:

Many of those countries are landlocked and difficult to access for an island nation. Also, you have to give us credit that many of the countries in blue we've actually invaded more than once, so if you average things out, we've invaded all the countries.

I'll admit Sweden really was a bit of an oversight.

There's still time though.

Sweden. How'd they done did it? :trixieshiftright:

Well in fairness no one in good conscience could invade Liechtenstein. That place is just too nice. It's be like raping a baby; everyone would just know that you're scum.
And I'm sorry, no offense to them, but who actually wants to invade Byelorussia? :trollestia:

Well the Brits won a war against Sweden, just never got around to invade them :derpytongue2:

4339526 I don't even know what half these countries are, tbh. :twilightsheepish:

4339490 When did England invade Russia?

Psst. Guys. I hate to break it to you, but I didn't make the map.

Also, 1918, during the intervention in the Russian civil war.

DoubleAlso... China is right there. Blue as can be.
Are you mixing up China and Mongolia?

If you'd gone into Kyrgyzstan, they might have come up with a better name for their country that people could pronounce.

Wait a minute. When did we invade Japan? The Yanks got as far as the Ryushu Islands and then, after VJ, formed an army of occupation but surely there were no other invasions of Japan, right?

>mfw Fruitopia wasn't invaded

HapHazred
Group Admin

4339766 I get the impression it's a very optimistic map. We were in all of these places, but hardly maintained a presence in most of them, and for a lot of the big ones didn't get that far inland.

It totally was. If it wasn't it would be on the list on the left side.
Logic.

So long as a British tourist showed up in that country, and was loudly outraged about the price of something or the quality of service there, that country was put on the map as having been invaded by belligerent English forces.

Jokes are on them, because Fruitopia is a fictional continent that exists only in my mind.
Hah! It's like to see the Brits invade that!
Unless they have already, in which case, throw Fruitopia on the list on the left hand side.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4339849 I sincerely doubt that. If that were the case, that map would be much, much blue-er.

We get outraged a fair bit. 'This is far too expensive!' 'This isn't expensive enough, I feel I'm robbing the damn place!' 'This is perfectly priced, meaning I have nothing to get justifiably outraged by and that's infuriating!'

Nobody has ever gone to Kyrgyzstan or Burundi or Chad as a tourist. So that's three right there.

Coca-cola has several manufacturing plants in the UK. And Fruitopia was certainly available in the UK as well. Not only was Fruitopia invaded, it was annexed and bits of its cultural heritage was sold on the open market.

Counterpoint: Jeremy Clarkson has been to Sweden.

Fiiine, you win.
It was totally armies.

I admit it, you are Earth's savage, bloodthirsty warrior race.

4339833 I do concede that a number of those countries were only partly occupied by British/English forces, however I don't recall any record of British forces reaching Japan itself.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4339968 I don't think it was during that war. Probably during colonization-period-thing or something. Or some other time. I really have no idea: I'm no historian.

All I know is we've been places.

4339974 It's a stretch to consider it an invasion, but it probably refers to the British Commonwealth Occupation Force.

This chart pops up every so often and as is usually the case, it's misleading: it fails to take into account those countries where British troops were deployed as allies of that government or as liberation forces (Belgium and the Netherlands being examples I can think of off the top of my head). But of course, to point that out wouldn't stroke the post-imperial guilt...

Also, when did we invade Poland?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4340401 Oh, who hasn't invaded Poland?

Yep, the map contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate.

But we were involved in a fruit-monikered conflict in Japan: the Anglo-Satsuma War of 1863.

4339490 Wait a second... England is blue. How exactly did we invade ourselves? :derpyderp2:

...and who the heck is seriously counting the Vatican as it's own country? Do city states even count as countries? :trixieshiftleft:

Nah queen box just became skinny and we had to recede... We still have Wales
Scotland Ireland and a
Island called fuckin Asencion!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30