Comments ( 101 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 101
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to the Quarterly Displaced Idea Thread
March 2018
April 2018
May 2018

Please, keep all idea posting here. If you want people to see it, tag whoever you feel should see it, but keep tags to a minimum of 5. If that's not everyone, then, we're sorry, but you can message them. DO NOT TAG ME.
Ideas that provoke a thoughtful discussion, are more than three paragraphs, and cannot be answered with a "yes", "no", "that's cool" or etc, are allowed as a separate thread. To confirm, join the group Discord or message the moderation.

Previous Idea Thread
December 2017 - February 2018
All Remaining Links Can Be Found on Previous Threads

Idea up for adoption, too tired to look and see if this has been done, need to get it out of my head.

Human gets displaced as an anthro pony in any style of Equestria. That's it, a random anthro pony. He could be the male version of Twilight Sparkle, could be a female version of Big Mac. Pick a pony for him to be a copy of and work from there. It'd be interesting seeing how one goes about actually doing this, but I'm so behind on my own Displaced story that writing another one now would be a crime.

Someone dressed up as Bastion from Overwatch, but because the Displacer reaaaaaally wanted to screw with them, once Displaced, the person becomes Bastion's little bird friend, Ganymede. Now the human-turned-bird Displaced has to try and keep a walking tank with PTSD calm.

That would be definitely interesting. If something like this does happen, I would look forward to reading it. :pinkiehappy:

Anyone else still on this thread? ... Whatever.

Someone gets Displaced as Wulf from Danny Phantom.

Stuck in Equestria as a monstrous wolfman that can only speak Esperanto (which might require a little research). Maybe the Displaced accidentally uses Wulf's claws to tear open a hole to Discord's chaos dimension? Or into the limbo realm that trapped the Pony of Shadows? Wulf's claws could also potentially allow him to travel to the Equestria Girls world or even other Displaced stories.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

There's one problem with visiting other displaced stories: without a token/being summoend; The void. One cannot simply travel to and from with a token/being summoned, plus tearing a rip in space/time in a attempt to get to the other worlds, the wolf would end up being lost and float through the endless void, or end up killed due to how logical and illogic the void is and the many dangers it holds.

It was just a thought. Alternatively: Wulf could go to other displaced universes by tracking the scent of displaced tokens? Or maybe he tries that once, nearly gets obliterated in the void and realizes he should just get a token like the rest of the multiverse...

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

It's a dangerous place afterall... Huh, come to think about it, has anyone ever wrote a story of what goes on in the Void? or a story of a displaced surviving it?

I think Tale of Loki 2: Into the Void involved a person Displaced as Discord doing a lot of void traveling.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

The Forgotten Void Dweller on my acc

here an idea, someone goes to comic con or how ever u want to get the there dress as Darksider's Samael or as Sadao Maou form Devil is a Part Timer, or as Skull (CS) from Cyborg 009

Is there a displaced story out there involving the Wither Storm?

It's been awhile since I've post one, but here goes.

It involves one 15-years old boy who is a fan of Japanese Super Robots, Gundams, and Mobile Suits like his big 20-years old brother, when one day he ends up Displaced as another Draconequus like Discord but a different look. He then learned he can shapeshift into anything especially Giant Super Robots and mostly Mobile Suits, which unfortunately attracted most of the Gundam Characters from outerspace. Thinking that person will cause a war, they've decided to invade and kill it off in the name of peace. Thus, that new Draconequus decides to fight against the Space Pilots with different Super Weapons to defend Equestria, but he won't do this alone as Celestia has a secret place containing Pony-Shaped Mobile Suits, plus other Super Robots.

I LOVE THIS IDEA (Sadao Maou I MEAN)

it be funny with his hard workmentaility but lack of understand how the wrold works, but still beng devil and piss off, could so see him end up work at the liabrty and tiwlgiht get hurt and go full devil mode

A Warframe cosplayer is Displaced to an Equestria where the ponies are anthropomorphic, and the Infested has taken over the Everfree Forest. She is initially Displaced as Mirage Prime, but finds that she has most of the features of her Warframe profile from Earth active in her new world, with the primary differences being no resources, credits, and consumables. Most of the conflict is with the Infested, however, there will be content around ponies being partially corrupted, similarly to how Mutalist Alad V was in the game. There would also be three new Infested forms, Earth ponies, which would be very strong and sturdy, but slow, pegasus, which would likely take the place of the ospreys and serve similar functions, though instead of using projectiles they would use melee attacks delivered at high speed. Finally, unicorns would have a telekinetic bolt and low agility but retain some higher brain function in order to allow for the use of magic. Alicorns would be immune, unless they were infected before ascension. Debating over whether to write this or not, but let me know if it sounds interesting.

While i'm all for Warframe crossovers maybe make it less of a rehash, since we already have a few story about Warframes and infested being on Equestria.
Honestly i'd be more interested a story focusing more on the Operator rather than Warframe i have only seen one story so far that does that. But that my opinion if you want have a enemy faction for your Displaced to fight than i suggest Void Ghost/Demons their realistically the only faction that would be in other dimensions.

The infested would be carried over with the warframe, as the warframe is partly made from infestation, though I am not objected to focusing on the operator, but I'd prefer to have a more cemented enemy.

Fair enough though the Infested would have a severe disadvantage against ponies mostly because of Unicorns and Pegasuses can just bombard them from a distance with magic and lighting. the game really likes to downplay how badly the Infested would be against aerial hit and run tactics in a big open area.
That's not mentioning the fact Celestia would more than likely call down so much more than that if the situation becomes bad enough. that's why i suggested Void Ghost/Demons Tenno are the only ones that can reliably fight and destroy them.
Edit: also where did you hear the Warframe contained the Technocyte Virus?, i cant actully find anything mentioning that or confirming it.

6382732 Heavily implied, rather than outright stated that the warframes are made from the infestation, because whenever you fight the really infested bosses, such as Jordas and Phorid they say stuff along the lines of 'We are one. Consume us.' So on, so forth. Though I'm thinking of doing both Void demons and infested, cause why not?

Someone gets Displaced as Thrax, from Osmosis Jones.

Either they become a more human-sized version of him and wind up in Equestria, or they become cell-sized like Thrax was and instead find themselves in the body of a pony. The Displaced could also potentially get Displaced into one of the moments/episode where a disease is noted, like Discord and his Blue Flu - Displaced winds up in Applejack or Rainbow Dash and finds himself fighting off bizarre lifeforms that are causing the Blue Flu. Discord gets annoyed and gets rid of "Thrax" by making him human-sized so he can't fight the flu anymore. ... Just pitching some ideas.

idea I had, different form normal displacements, start the same guy go to con, dress up as Escanor, from Nanatsu no Taizai. get transport to equestria but he show up in front of a young twilight who was doing her summoning text with the princess, and Escanor is "bond" to Twilight and end up act like a Knight and pledge his loyalty to Twilight. needless to say his prideful nature during the day would effect twilight and her own personality and mindset.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

FSM in Equestria, nuff said.

I recently developed an interest in the Log Horizon anime, which got me thinking: someone Displaced as Nyanta, the debonair, swashbuckling cat-man chef.

A potential direction for the story could be that the Displaced winds up in Klugetown, the seedy trade hub introduced in the MLP movie. Maybe the Displaced becomes something similar to the city's Robin Hood? Maybe the exact opposite? Maybe they take Capper as an apprentice?

... Too many random ideas, not enough drive to write them...

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Has anyone ever tried a Displaced story where instead of you choosing who or what the main character was Displaced as, you instead get a randomized choice? Who knows what you'd get, maybe even something you hate.

Yes. That actually used to be a thing back during the whole "chess game of the gods" bandwagon.

It was also complete trash. If writing a regular Displaced story with a proper plot is hard to do well, then writing a Displaced story where everything is random is only more so.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I was thinking more along the lines of someone Displaced as someone/thing chosen at random would give writers a challenge where they write something they're not used too. I don't mean a full randomized choice, just the main character, not the verse they're sent too.

I get that, I'm only saying that going by personal experience, it works even worse than storywriting where you at least have an idea of the powerset your character is dealing with.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Ah, true, true.

Any Chance for a Displaced Crash Bandicoot? No Royals will be able to get info out of this Displaced person during the Interrogation since Crash in video games can't talk.

this would make an incredible displaced

its DR wolf with voodoo powers just the idea alone should get a lot of views.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Crash Bandicoot, yes, but a Displaced one can still talk unless you wanted to go with the 'Displaced becomes more of the character than themselves' cliche.

Discord girlfriend
a teenage boy goes to the comicon as Hexadecimal - The Queen of Chaos and you know what happens with the merchant but Discord, like what he see

I do not like the new tv show. but the animation of Hexadecimal is pretty. more fluid

This is an idea that occurred to me when I saw the video. unfortunately I do not have time to work it out but I thought someone might like it
ReBoot: The Guardian Code in NETFLIX

I had never even heard of Reboot until I read this post and still haven’t seen it but I kind of want to see this fic made.

I think I've made the opening to my Displaced story deceptively bitter and anti-Displaced. Anyone here have any idea how I can fix that?

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Hmmmm

Maybe try sticking your horn in a cactus?

Are you always like this, or do I just keep catching you on bad days? Here I am, asking for advice in improving a story I don't feel I started as well as I could have, and here you are, being a dick.

Personally I like how you started your story like the main character was going to be another egregiously overpowered garabage dump of powers in the shape of a gary stu set in some horribly written world that exists for the sole purpose of making everything work out for the main character only to make him a Twilight clone in a world that doesn’t revolve around him. You’re definitely doing a better job than the writer of Don’t Get Cocky. I don’t care how highly rated that story is it’s a disgustingly written gary stu story so horrifically written that it was painful to read!

Kaffeina
Group Admin

I would've responded on Discord but you don't ever talk there. That aside, I am pretty much always like this, yes. How was I being a dick though, I was telling you to stick your horn in a cactus to gain it's powers so you might get better flow.

Personally I like how you started your story like the main character was going to be another egregiously overpowered garabage dump of powers in the shape of a gary stu set in some horribly written world that exists for the sole purpose of making everything work out for the main character only to make him a Twilight clone in a world that doesn’t revolve around him. You’re definitely doing a better job than the writer of Don’t Get Cocky. I don’t care how highly rated that story is it’s a disgustingly written gary stu story so horrifically written that it was painful to read!

That was a rollarcoaster from start to finish

"Better flow", huh? Alright, what can I do to improve upon this story's flow?

I'm not familiar with the story you're comparing my work to, but thank you for seeing what I did there with the subversion.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

First up, fix the title. I'll get back to you on the rest after I re-read the first chapter and catch up. Also, perhaps you should actually USE the Discord chat since people there have read it.

They have? Nice. Also, I feel the current title would fit its seemingly formulaic take on the genre better than something like "Displaced: The Transformative Ascendant".

Kaffeina
Group Admin

How about "Read Mah Fic Iz Gud Displaced"?

idea of story, star the great devil and part timer ever, Sadao Maou end up in pony land, and get part time job either with the Cakes, or Rarity, or someone and live with Twilight...... or even replace Spike with Sadao Maou

Lol that name's still better than Past Sins.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Still better than Displaced: Human In Equestria but the Human becomes Twilight Sparkle only more, also Pokemon are there, too

That name's kinda growing on me.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

It's definitely "growing"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 101