Comments ( 73 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 73
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to the Quarterly Displaced Idea Thread
December 2017
January 2018
February 2018

Please, keep all idea posting here. If you want people to see it, tag whoever you feel should see it, but keep tags to a minimum of 5. If that's not everyone, then, we're sorry, but you can message them. DO NOT TAG ME.
Ideas that provoke a thoughtful discussion, are more than three paragraphs, and cannot be answered with a "yes", "no", "that's cool" or etc, are allowed as a separate thread. To confirm, feel free to join the group Discord or message the moderation.

Previous Idea Threads
September - November 2017
June - August 2017
March - May 2017
December 2016 - Feburary 2017
August - November 2016
July
Pre-2016 Thread
All Remaining Links Can Be Found on Previous Threads

judar

HUMAN FORM

PONY FORM

general of luna left tries to find a new purpose after a while nightmare might still happen or luna joins him on a adventure when he leaves

Guy dresses as Vordt from Dark souls 3. Buys Pontiff's left eye from the merchant. He already had the mace and armor for his outfit. If you would consider this I'll tell you more.

For a bit of a challenge and to add variety to the thread, how about this? A story where the Displaced didn't even survive going to Equestria. One moment ponies are having a nice day and randomly some weird-dressed creature appears dead from thin air. But now, Tokens are randomly appearing everywhere, people is being summoned by unaware civilians and things from the crossover universe start making way into Equestria while nopony really has a clue of what's going on.

In other words, a Displaced story without a Displaced protagonist.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

But... that'd be rather difficult to do, I mean it'd require the writer to create a world for said displaced to interact in.

So it'd be a crossover-only Displaced story,6227331. Something that's kinda needed on some level. Triple-crossovers are about the upper limit of what usually happens, but with a "curator" of a partially shared world for the Displaced to hear about eachother and run into eachother, possibly with co-writers for parts of that world like the earlier Chess Game of the Gods or the more recent and not quite as dead A New World, A New Way, we could make proper in-story communities of Displaced that actually make sense without needing chains of Summons that get kinda improbable.

Displaced is scattered basically everywhere, with no real interactivity outside of peer to peer events. Even the "wars" don't actually reach a dozen simultaneously involved stories like those earlier mixed settings. Fuck it, I'm Having Fun was kinda the closest to that, tossing Chakra around like it was going out of style and, as a result, actually having long-term effects on the stories interacted with because something permanent was given. A story where the entire point of it is paying attention to the consequences of the Summonings gets around this issue quite nicely, and gives somewhere where properly villainous Displaced could be Summoned and wreck havoc with much fewer issues to the writer who's Equestria got partially wrecked by it.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Hmm, sounds like it has potential, plus it can be used as a way to avoid having too many cross-overs into the main story and derail the plot of both displaced's stories. Although now I'm curious of how anyone would go about making a story without a main character in it... Or the fact if said writer could get people interested in going to said story.

It could still have a main cast,6227370, it just wouldn't include a Displaced. The team managing the mess of Displaced appearances trying to set up an SCP foundation analogue for Tokens, members of a shadowy group trying to get ahold of cooperative or bindable Displaced to be wrong-context muscle for them, the various people who just happen to have gotten ahold of Tokens as side-characters... You have plenty of room for a recurring cast.

Heck, the Displaced, depending on what they failed to be Displaced as, could make an appearance as a side character in an abnormal afterlife state. Quite a few creatures can become spirits extremely easily, and some would actually show up as a spirit normally and leave an unrecognizable corpse if the Displacer forgets to get the spirit outside the body. A Rotom, for example, would charcoalize the central nervous system and rapidly boil the rest of the body into unrecognizable mass of burnt meat. A failed attempt at Displacing them as Ichigo could have them show up as a base Hollow. Screwing up on the physical transformation into a highly-psychic entity could have them end up a dream-being, hyjacking Tantabus or becoming a recurring foe for Luna to fight.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Its possible. I mean the Displaced are beings far beyond the canon ponies if you take scaling out of the formula, thus it is possible the royal sisters would see them as a threat or something to take extra precaution against.

Actually,6227378, some are stronger, some are weaker and some are on par with various threats seen. For example, Fuck It, I'm Having Fun's Displaced can be reasonably expected to ROFLstomp the entire Changeling Invasion more or less single handedly while simultaneously curb-stomping Tirek at his peak, but Death's Blossom's Displaced would be easily on the level the Mane Six or an even remotely competent military force could handle because he's not that hard to bind when you manage to get him cornered. Moderate super soldier, but not SPARTAN II "flip a tank in double Gs" level shit.

Reaper's a massive threat in Overwatch because he's a slippery bastard able to ignore a lot of conventional security while being basically immortal, but in a world that's got a major military with established tactics for teleporters and flying opponents, caging him isn't that hard. Especially if they have direct counters to his shenanigans, which is borderline guaranteed given the nature of the setting. Still a slippery bastard, mind you...

Tobi? He's able to single handedly wreck major cities. He can make a major forest in a matter of minutes and has a pocket dimension with whatever he feels like sticking in it. He can move at speeds above almost any ground-based equipment we have today and actively react to things considerably faster than sound. He can casually tank being hit with anti-tank shells. He's at least Alicorn tier, and heavier abuse of Kamui makes him harder to down than Tirek.

Edit: The utterly inconsistent power levels of Displaced as a whole make them more of a threat, as you can't tell how much danger they are in a direct fight and have to make blind judgements of what kind of power they have in the first place. Characters like Rick Sanchez are utterly useless without preparations, but a magical mad genius of the same character could be tossing fireballs and lightning bolts, while a psychic version would melt your mind out of your ears.

They're dangerously, massively unpredictable in a way that's too likely to cause large-scale problems, because you know nothing about them going in. Especially after "troll" Token messages are used putting that in question, like the ones who make themselves sound overtly evil with the message but actually plan to just murder any assholeish people who summon them. Yes, this is actually a thing in more than one story. Worse are the villainous ones who make themselves sound good or neutral and set to work taking over or destroying things upon arrival.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I mean Displaced compared to ponies since most ponies want peace and value friendship greatly, hence why the page on the lore on Displaced suggested that you scale the ponies so that the Displaced isn't op or invisible.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

For further note, the true scale of the Wars was not necessarily in its initial simulation, it was in its outreaching effects. The only one truly lacking any effect is the fourth one, due to it's content. And, after I edit and fix TNitC but the point remains now, one character who may start a War has already begun to effect other worlds. WoU only lacks due to its easy dismissal by the majority of the originally involved authors.

Your idea is a good one, and perhaps a little more solid in outreaching results, but that doesn't mean more recent creations haven't done it.

On a mostly unrelated note, Tokens usually can be used in other ways besides summoning. Phoenix Down (Aranea Highwind: Stolen Soul On the Passage of Home) can be used to revive those who died recently. The uses are there, just most ignore them.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

But surely they have limitations, Its not a plot-device that can do everything... right?

Kaffeina
Group Admin

They can do whatever they were originally made to do.

And that means they can be massive plot devices for other stories without an actual Crossover,6228879.

Which can be a problem for people who have active entities as Tokens, like Intelligent Devices from Nanoha. A Unison Device, being something that explicitly has a soul of its own, is probably outside of what can be done with Tokens. If only for the sake of not having things end up utterly absurd.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Its not, but the maker can restrict it if they so choose

Niko and the "God" (You) Are sent to Equestria

Oneshot

Title: You Can't Defeat Me
Premise: A guy ends up in Equestria as Airman from Megaman 2 and when ever he shows up to a fight the I Can't Defeat Airman song plays in the background. Funny thing is he plays the song on purpose.
another funny thing is that I just thought of this idea a few minute before posting this.

What group of three mlp analysts would be the best to be displaced as themselves. Like if someone were to make a story about Firebrand, Dr wolf and Silverquill, they'd actually be the humen people as their avatars. Also just for fun if there in the TF2 group they'd have access to those weapons.

PS. If anyone wants to use this please tell me I’d like to help.

So I've gotten an idea for a displaced 2 guys and a girl dressed up as Sgt. Johnson,Colony,Ellen Anders From Halo wars 2 MP with thier or some of their blitz cards are displaced into fall of equestria

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

You clicked reply on my message by accident, lol.

Yea accident since Idk what midnight means by tagging someone

WE NEED MORE DISPLACED FICS DAMMIT MORE INTERESTING ONES LIKE FATE (VISUAL NOVEL SERIES)

Artoria Pendragon
EMIYA
Medusa
Gilgamesh
Tamamo no Mae
Nero Claudius
Jeanne d'Arc
and MORE!!!

P.S. OBVIOUSLY I DEMAND ANOTHER TG DISPLACED PLEASE IT'S WAY INTERESTING!!!

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Well, too bad. WALUIGI TIME!

well... this one is for grabs, because I'm too lazy to do myself.

A detective/police officer investigates the disappearances and finds the merchant as a suspect.
the detective attempts to question the merchant but, the merxhan manages to trick the detective in exchange of information...
well, the rest you can guess.

What SCP objects would work together? I ask here because I had an idea for an SCP displaced who can summon SCP items and I wondered what combos would work.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

..Wouldn't he or she become a bit overpowered? I mean... some of those items were made for killing while some items do help the user.. somewhat.

That's the thing the guy would be displaced in a way that makes it so he'd have to plan ahead before he could do anything. Ok so he’d wake up in a field as Dr Bright (or the regenerator)with, a note, the laser gun from the clockwork machine, and a vile of nanobots that would build him an underground lab/home/portal. The note would say how he was promoted to 05 (the highest ranking) after the other ones died and as according to protocol his death was faked, he was drugged, and thrown into an alternate dimension, and he was to only have contact with the human world through the facility. So he can order the facility to hand over scp’s through the portal for “off dimension storedge”(hed get them) but that means he’d have to write a letter, send it through the portal, wait for them to get Scp’s that he requested, and then send it through for him to even receive it.

He wouldn't be immune to the SCP’s so if he requested a dangerous one he would probably die before his enemies so he couldn't just summon a world ender out of the blue and destroy everything in his way he’d have to plan and find SCP’s just dangerous enough without putting himself in too much danger.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

But how would this guy avoid Celestia? And of course, alot of those SCPs are a threat to Equestria.

He wouldn't have a lot of the scps he would pick what comes through the portal so if he only wants safe SCP’s that are easily controlled then that's what he gets. While celestia would have very little reason to be suspicious of him unless he brings something he can't control and it gets loose. To her it would just look like a strange creature researching magic. I also forgot to mention that the first thing that would come through the portal would be a lot of documents detailing the SCP’s and what they do, literally their pages on the web.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Logically, I don't think they'd trust a lone scientist and the dimension he gets sent, I mean the SCPS got loose despite the security and the length of trying to contain those guys..

True but twilight’s overly excitable analytic mind would make it so if he shared information with her she'd probably vouch for him being good even if it's just so she can keep learning from him. He would more than likely only want “safe “ SCP’s as they're more likely to not turn on him and the majority can't if they're labeled “safe” as “safe in the SCP files just means it can easily get out of containment or it needs to be activated to become dangerous. The idea that something might sneak through the portal could be fixed with a simple fail safe. This fail safe would make it so that if something that wasn't meant to go through the portal, tried then I’d get sent to a random empty dimension.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

It's a dangerous concept idea so far, even if you don't make it so that no danger befalls this character or Equestria.

How is it dangerous if all the safety precautions are put into place?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Nothing is perfect, there is always a flaw, a minor slip up, etc. I'm speaking from a more logical point of view since the portal was created by humans.

Yes but the ponies don't need to know that giving the displaced time to get to know them making it so if some monster were to get through and was not stopped by the auto turrets/energy shields/biocontainment protocol they'd see it as some accident without a clear solution that no one should be blamed for, I mean let's face it Twi and her friends nearly destroy equestria/and or cause an emergency as much as they save equestria from them. Pinkey never had to answer for causing large scale damage with the clone fiasco, Rainbow is essentially guilty for acts of attempted terrorism with her trying to destroy the weather factory when tank was going to hibernate, and spike literally became a rampaging monster. So I'm under the impression that if anyone interacts with Twi for a week there literally immune to any and all laws, while on pony soil. Not to mention a large amount of dangerous items/creatures wouldn't see the ponies as targets most of the anomalies items that attack humans specifically would probably just see ponies as other magical creatures so they'd more than likely go after the displaced almost exclusively.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

...I'm sorry, what? Why would SCPs ignore ponies? Also, I don't think SCPs would care about who they go after, they're still a threat if not handled correctly. As for them going after the Displaced, most of the Displaced would be able to handle those things easily, especially those who have knowledge of SCP before they got Displaced. Last. all of that stuff the mane six did was in the past and they've learned their lesson.

1) I ment some of the more dangerous SCP’s seem to hate humans exclusively so that might make them go after the displaced first. Though that would only apply to certain ones like maybe the hard to kill lizard or at least give a few of the others pause before attacking. Also when I said “the displaced” I ment the main guy in the story.(mostly because I don't know the name of the regenerator from the video below check out the rest of the episodes there really good and only get better)

2) Even if you know how to deal with certain SCP’s that doesn't mean you can easily deal with them, if thera creature though many it's true many objects would be easier to handle.
3)The point was that if he hung out with twilight for even a weak he’d probably face no repercussions from the law it doesn't matter if all the stuff the main six did was in the past, they weren't arrested for it on the spot and as far as I can tell what Rainbow did was still technically an attempted act of terrorism.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Arrested.. lol, this is equestria, not earth, but of course if you want to AU it up and make it so, it can work. And yes, there are certain Displaced that can take care of some, most, or all of the SCPs depending on who your Displaced summons.

I've never actually liked the idea of summoning someone to deal with the problems in your story it seems to mostly just ruin a story's flow and with the right summoning token you could literally deal with anything that comes your way it just seems to powerful witch is weird coming from me considering I tend to think that the ability to summon allies is one of the most interesting abilities a character can have. Also Equestria does have a police force alongside the royal guards, at least one judge has been seen onscreen, and the sheriff of (please read in braeburns voice) AAAppaloosa had a holding cell so that suggests that prison is a concept that they have, though I assume it's called something else maybe that's what the dungeons actually are a mix of modern prison and medieval aesthetics.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

The thing is, that's the wrong way to do a cross-over if you allow the person you summon to do all the work. Now, the right way of doing it is when it takes BOTH displaced to solve that one problem. The thing that most people don't get is that when someone cross-overs over, they're a temporary passenger that goes along for the ride, not controlling or derailing the plot.

I just thought of the most powerful displaced ever he uses telepathy to get others to do his bidding and has scared three people into climbing a tree while continuously screaming that he's going to kill them he has shown to be able to teleport when not being looked at and all this while never moving.

also if someone actually wants an ed edd and eddy displaced try this
and the ling for those on mobile https://vampiremeerkat.deviantart.com/art/Nobody-makes-fanart-of-Jonny-because-he-s-not-sexy-538159953

This is something that my Displaced would actually be interested in. The general problem with crossovers for me is that many lack any actual stakes or the premise is not something my character would care about.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

However, the idea morph is talking about is that its a base for Displaced to meet rather than one displaced cross into another world. I've been debating on making a place of meeting story, something like a pub or an Inn of some sort.

Depending on how that idea of yours evolves, it could be quite interesting. I've mostly just been waiting for the right stories, setups, and ideas to come along.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

and I will make it eventually, I just can't think of how to go about it without the chapter being shorter than 1000 word.s

What you should do is just word vomit out your idea, just get it typed out. Jump from scene to scene if you have to. Fill in the spaces with world-building, sensory details, and maybe character interaction. Meh, you probably know all of this. Getting your idea out in a way that flows easily from brain-bunny to story is the issue. Once you start you'll have something good.

Someone do a Assassination Classroom displaced please!

6261294>>6261435
I imagine a place kinda like this .

If you’re looking to extend the length I’d try making the pub for lots of interdimensional entities not just the displaced like, wizards from fantasy worlds, Doctor-esk travelers, small time trickster gods, and other things like that. The first chapter could be something along the lines of the bartender/owner describing how the place fades in and out of reality near hourly and always appears at a different spot than the last time. The only way to get in is to either find the door when it appears or use a menu (I’d act as a reverse summoning token, you teleport to the entrance.)

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

It'll focus mostly on the Displaced, a place of meeting for Displaced so they can avoid having it happen in their world. I know for a fact there are readers who hate cross-overs that tend to derail the plot, hence why I wanted to create a place for them to meet, interact, etc. so they can have fun with their cross-over and not effect their stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 73