Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Whose work will we be reading for Lucky Number Seven? Throw down your votes below for one of five nominated stories!

As of this thread's posting, you have three days to vote for a story. Reminders that voting can be done by commenting in this thread here, or by PMing either ToixStory or I if you desire to have a secret ballot. You may only vote for one story, and may only vote if you are a member. Up or downvoting a comment adds or takes no weight from said vote; if you support someone's vote, leave a comment.

The suggestion thread can be found here, and the stories to vote on are:

#1 Castle Crashing Canterlot by Nazkan

When Twilight was young, she used to sit on the balcony and look down at the statues in the royal garden. At the strange creatures of fur and armour and feathers and horns, and just...wonder on them.
And out of all of them, out of the unique draconequus and the rare Cyclops and the terrifying Invention Monkey, one particular statue always caught her eye.
Four...blocky, for lack of a better word, knights. Frozen in perfect formation, their heads hidden deep within the confines of their helmets. Each one stuck in the same pose, for as long as she'd known them.
And beneath them, engraved into the stone they were a part of, was a simple message.
"Wake us when something fun happens or Celestia stops being a bitch, whichever comes first."

[Random] [Crossover]

#2 Essenza di Amore by Cerulean Voice

Orphaned as a filly, a young pegasus named Kaviyayu is raised by an adoptive Earth pony family in a secluded, peaceful village. When a strange pony drops by the village, Kaviyayu and the other foals are captivated by her tales of the world, as well as her various spells and illusions for their amusement. But there's something about the way she doesn't speak of her own family... how she never removes her traveller's cloak... how she seems to take a very strong interest in Kaviyayu...

Who is this mysterious mare, what does she seek, and just what is so special about that pendant she wears?

[Adventure] [Sad]

#3 Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon by shortskirtsandexplosions

Bon Bon and Lyra play sweet music.
Do not read this.

[Random]

#4 A Dodgy Business by MLP-Silver-Quill

A call for help from Cherry Jubilee brings Applejack back to a very different Dodge Junction. Its residents are fearful, a gang of kleptomaniacs has the full run, trolls are on the loose, and the sheriff's in a criminal's pocket.

Besides Big Macintosh, the only pony on Applejack's side is the most accident-prone being in Equestria. If the schemes of a psychotic but dainty griffon don't ruin things, Clutterstep just might. Applejack reckons they've got as much chance as a seed in a storm, but an Apple always honors her friends. It's a race to finish the harvest and save Cherry Hill Ranch while making it out alive back to Ponyville.

[Comedy] [Adventure]

#5 Faster by Einhander

Ponies get older over time. They slow down. This is a part of life. But Rarity, Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie can keep pursuing their dreams as they get older. Rainbow Dash can't. This is her last chance to be a Wonderbolt, and despite working her tail off, she's not getting any better. In fact, she's getting slower. She just wants things to be fair. She wants one last chance to achieve her dream.

She wants to be faster.

This is what happens when she gets her wish.

[Romance] [Sad] [Dark] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe]

That's all, folks! Happy voting!

Bonx6 is the clear pick.

My vote goes to A Dodgy Business, of course.

Faster has my vote.

Essenza di Amore by Cerulean Voice has my vote.

4048340 I shall vote for Essenza di Amore on this one. This story needs to be read by all! :derpytongue2:

I'm just gonna stick with voting for Faster.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I'm up for some Dodgy Business.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

Castle Crashing Canterlot by Nazkan for me!

Definitely A Dodgy Business. No doubt:moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11