Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

G'day, everyone!
We have successfully completed Scemering Sintel as our first story to be read and discussed. :yay:
Now it is time to open up another suggestion thread for the next story to be read.

Remember these rules:
-You may not nominate a story you have written yourself at any time.
-Sensual fiction (i.e., not outright clop) can be suggested in the non-NSFW group, but must follow site rules in discussing it.
-The length cap for normal story discussion is 100,000 words, but longer stories can be discussed in the splinter discussion thread. Stories of different length will have different time limits to read them, as well.
-The reading time allotted is seven days for 50k word stories and under, while stories between 50-100k will
be given up to fourteen days.

Happy nominating! I think I'll get the ball rolling.

Lulamoon's Castle

Days after Tirek's near-takeover of Equestria, The Great And Powerful Trixie travels to Ponyville, intent on settling her rivalry with Twilight Sparkle once and for all. No trinkets to fudge her abilities, no megalomania to apologize for -- just pure and simple magician's honor!
Upon her arrival, however, she quickly learns that the information she has on Ponyville -- and Twilight -- is more than a little dated.

Queen of Queens

Our kind has it that the life of a queen is the happiest, for they are blessed with the shortest time in this world. A mighty queen will be remembered for eternity, forever residing in the hearts of her people. The greatest tragedy a queen can suffer is to be forgotten – to be stricken from history.

I refuse to bend before oblivion.

Today is Princess Twilight Sparkle’s 500th birthday! And her most faithful student, an earth pony with a familiar name, can’t wait to celebrate!

Dead eye darling

Being a cowboy is usually very straightforward. Frank, however, finds himself in over his head when he meets a unicorn - a very whiny, needy unicorn with a compulsive need to be fabulous and an unexpected knack for gunslinging.
In a world where nothing comes easy and everything is incredibly dirty, a man and a pony are going to have to rely on each other to make it through.

Of Lilies and Chestnuts by Prane
[Slice of Life]

In some circles Fancy Pants and his lovely wife Fleur are considered to be the most heroic duet of Canterlot. They have conquered countless social events, faced hundreds of snobbish ponies and emerged victorious from the most dire of faux pas. Truly, ballads shall be sung in honor of their bravery for generations!

However, these very heroes have recently discovered that there is something missing from their lives. Something that can't be obtained by wielding a keen edge of exquisite mannerism or showing deft expertise in charming smiles. Something that cannot be gained or achieved, but must be earned.

Something that came to them in the form of a brash, growing up filly from beyond Equestria.

Sun, Moon and Stars

Everypony knows the story about Nightmare Moon, and how she was defeated by the Elements of Harmony at the hooves of Twilight Sparkle and her five friends from Ponyville. What most ponies are unaware of, however, is how the situation unfolded from the point of view of Nightmare Moon and her counterpart, Luna of Equestria.

3662439 I believe I've read this one, it's pretty good if I recall.

Pincer is a changeling, a proud soldier of Queen Chrysalis. After the failed invasion of Canterlot, he finds himself trapped and at the mercy of Princess Celestia's Royal Guard. Believing that Celestia sees his species as nothing but soulless monsters, he prepares himself for the worst. The weeks crawl by, marked by an endless series of questions he will not answer for fear of endangering his friends and family at The Hive. As his nerves wear down and his interrogators learn just how ruthless he thinks they are, they have nothing to report but his belief that they will kill and destroy his kind without mercy.

Celestia steps in to prove him wrong, and what he learns leaves Pincer questioning everything he has ever known — but also gives him hope for what he'd never thought possible.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

You, sire, are a ninja. I was literally about to post the voting thread :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9