Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Well, go on! Do it!

keam
Group Contributor

Hi! My name is Keam.
I origanally come to this group because I got tipsed to join it by our dear friend and founder Doctor Grant after I had some problems with a user more or less attacking me because of my nationality.
I hope this group will be a great place for people to express them selfs withput fear of being hayed and attaced! :twilightsmile:

Luminary
Group Contributor

My name is Luminary, and I'm an alcoholic.

I'm a pansexual, polyamorous, pervert, perpetually preoccupied with pretty pastel ponies. Also all aspects about alliteration, apparently.

And I'm totally okay and secure with all of that. Due to an iron core of total self-righteousness. :trollestia:

I joined this group because the name made me giggle, in a sort of 80's PSA way.

Follow Focus
Group Admin

Follow Focus here!

The thing that I love about FimFiction is that it is a hub of creative people who are more than willing to be your friend! I've met a lot of incredible people on this site who I've worked with on stories, reviews, and other ideas, and they have never failed to brighten my day!

I hope that by joining this group I'll have the chance to meet and talk with even more incredible people :D

scarves-n-converse
Group Contributor

3390916 Hi! I'm forevertheshade!

I joined this group after being told about it by our friend, Doctor Grant. I look forward to both reading and joining in discussion here.

I feel that the Brony community should be a place where no one should feel attacked or hated upon, and a group dedicated to that is a great idea in my opinion.

unparchedbutter
Group Contributor

Sure, let's give this a shot :twilightsmile:

I'm Unparchedbutter. Don't ask me what that means, because I don't know, myself :twilightoops: It Came To Me In A Dream. Almost literally. I was drunk, just about to go to bed, and for some reason the phrase occurred to me, and I thought it was funny.

I became a fan of the show in late 2010, but didn't start actively participating in the community that grew up around it until a little over a year ago. I saw, and continue to see, a lot of good in it, and it's just something I'm proud to be a part of, doing what I can to spread love and toleration.

I joined this after being told about it by Doctor Grant, who knows me through another group, Anti-Depression Ponies, where I admin and try to post a thread once a week or so where I say I'm just generally available to anyone who needs someone to talk to. And so they don't go in thinking I'm a complete stranger, I have a little info-dump filled with (mostly) random things about me. Here's one of them to finish off this introduction, in case it wasn't long enough:

I'm 28, male, white, gay, an atheist, and pretty liberal, but politics just depress me; I live in central Arkansas, I'm wearing a brown shirt, there's a bunch of pony stickers on my computer case, the first title I saw when I looked over at my book case just now was (let's see . . .) "The Crass Menagerie", which is a collection of "Pearls Before Swine" comic strips; there are five kangaroo figures and plushes in my room, my favorite kind of humor is just light and goofy and silly, so Eddie Izzard and Patton Oswalt are my favorite stand-up comedians, this allergy season has been hell, and when I watched "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure", I was actually kind of into it for the first thirty minutes or so because it was nothing but condescending insanity, and I really need a haircut :derpytongue2:

Yeah, there's a reason why many of you were invited over private messaging rather than through self-promotion: Because I wanted a secure foundation for this group before there was any room for trolls to be major voices. I'll promote this later, but for now, I'm going to keep this fairly low, mostly shared among friends, most of whom are friends not because they agree with me, but because they can disagree with me patiently. And I have to congratulate them for being patient around me! :twilightsheepish:

unparchedbutter
Group Contributor

So you don't want us to invite others yet, then?

Okay, time to introduce myself.

I'm the Doctor, or Grant, both are acceptable.

I founded this group for many reasons. What triggered it was that I was told by a friend of mine that he had problems with forum elitism outside of FIMFiction, and I wanted to make a group that celebrated the fact that FIMFiction has one of the least elitist mentalities on the internet, and would give people a chance to speak with little elitism. But even then, FIMFiction's painfully flawed; there's a lot of people who can't handle different opinions, and try to control the mind by yelling or trolling people into submission rather than reasoning with them or just saying their own opinions as an offered alternate possibility. This group won't completely halt this phenomenon, but at least it won't succumb to it, thanks to the stable foundation, much of which can be thanks to you, the early visitors, yes, I do mean you!

I'm a fiscal Conservative and a bit of a Libertarian; that means I believe in Free Enterprise and small government, and the only taxes should mostly be spent on defense. I don't have problems with homosexuality though, in spite of the stereotypes of the right-wing. I'm a Christian who believes in evolution (and as such sometimes gets along with atheists better than with other Christians), and is a biology aficionado. I have mixed feelings about abortion. I love Godzilla, Ultraman, Doctor Who, Tolkien's written works, and of course, ponies.

If you have different opinions, that's fine, just don't be a snot and don't misrepresent me. If anything, I could likely learn from and enjoy another opinion!

Actually, now that we have a huge foundation consisting entirely of stable people, you can now! :pinkiehappy:

unparchedbutter
Group Contributor

I'm a fiscal Conservative and a bit of a Libertarian; that means I believe in Free Enterprise

Wot can oi say, Jonesy? Oi'm a capitalist :moustache:

I have mixed feelings about abortion.

I've got my own thoughts on the issue; I'm mostly just disturbed by how much of the conversation is taken up by men.

Actually, now that we have a huge foundation consisting entirely of stable people, you can now!

Awesome :pinkiehappy: Are we trying to be selective about this, or--?

Hallo, mein freund!

Danke for the invitation; my name is Aryame, and I am calm, collected, secure, and happy to be myself! I like long walks on the beach, pina coladas, sleeping in on the weekends, eugenics, and I love to laugh!

I am seeking someone with a cheerful smile, white skin, their own means of financial support, and a great sense of humor!

If you sound you're The One for me, give me a call! I'll be waiting~

xoxo,

Aryame

Hi! I'm BronyDad! I'm 31, short, overweight, I've been told my whole life that when I talk I sound like Forest Gump, I have facial ticks, my mind likes to drop words in the middle of conversations which causes me to often trail off and appear stupid, and I'm altogether unattractive.

And I wouldn't change a single thing about me for the world! :pinkiehappy:

I joined this group because I like what it represents, and the stories I write are geared toward making others feel good.

Thanks for creating an awesome group!!:twilightsmile:

keam
Group Contributor

My name is Dragor.

About me:
You've probably seen me around Fimfiction forums, where I'm very active. If not, you can check out Intriguing quotes that I made on Fimfiction.

I'm a very open person. I have an Ask Me Anything thread where you can pose any question you can think of, and I will answer it.

About my writing:
I write beige (dry) prose without any fillers. Never using words for their own sake, I describe only what's important to the story. Describing scenery is not something I aim for, instead, I use words as a tool to portray ideas and principles. In other words, If you hate purple prose, you're my kind of reader.

My themes are humorous and dark. I use writing to explore new horizons. My goal is to describe something unique, new and profound.

This tool told me that I write like: J. R. R. Tolkien, James Joyce, Neil Gaiman and Ian Fleming.

As can be seen on my profile page, I have 3 complete stories and 4 more nearing completion. I have about 130k of written material, but only about 7 000 words of that that are published. The rest of it still waits for editing. I keep all my writing public in my Google Docs, so that anypony can follow and influence my stories from the idea phase to completion. I do this because I appreciate all the feedback and learn immensely from it. It keeps me only slightly misplaced instead of irredeemably lost.

I don't have a dedicated editor. Instead I let anypony edit my stories. I'm always glad to see people drop on my Docs and leave comments.

My names Sweetie Belle, and... um, I'm a unicorn?

Anypony else not really all that good at 'introduce yourselves'-type threads?

--Sweetie Belle

Luminary
Group Contributor

Hi!
I'm so white I practically glow in the dark and glimmer Twilight-vampire style in the day financially stable, and I love to smile!

Call me. :duck:

(Though I admit I'm not a stick of bread, so there might be problems from that, in the intimate side of things :fluttercry:)

and try to control the mind by yelling or trolling people into submission rather than reasoning with them

WE SIMPLY TAKE A LESSON FROM OUR PRINCESS OF ALL THE NIGHT. THOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT 'TIS NOT YELLING, BUT MERELY THE TRADITION OF OUR PEOPLE TO SPEAK THUS!

Oh, um, if we're supposed to be posting colors, I'm a kinda light grey that looks white unless I stand next to something that's white.
(You look sorta yellow an' orange to me, Luminary, though if you're on fire, I could see you glowing in the dark...)

--Sweetie Belle

Luminary
Group Contributor

With a really good headwind I glow much more brightly! Have to make it through being blue first. But it's no fun having the blues.

Umm... I'm Twi-Guy

Most of you are already aware that I had a pretty big depression melt down a few days ago.

For the new people, I'm sorry if I'm not my normal self.

I uh, don't know what else to say really because honestly I just don't know what to say. I forgot the name of the artist but he made paintings that at a glance looked really interesting but if you stopped and stared at them... the more you look the less there is to see.

Anyway, I work produce and play video games. If you want to play war thunder or world of tanks with me I go by TwiGuy.

I also do these at work so I gotta go back.

Hi! My name is Civviq Writer.

I come from the Netherlands. Huh? Where? ...even though no-one has said it yet, i'm sure you all have thought it, once.

Anyway, I joined this group because... well. I also think you shouldn't judge people because of what they are. Black, white, yellow, purple; drunks, drug-addicts; Gay people, hermaphrodites, genderswappers. Christians, muslims, hindoes, atheïsts. No.

Behind what they are lies who they are. And that's the most important part of you.

I don't know why anyone would downvote you; after all, I love Stitch!!

unparchedbutter
Group Contributor

This tool told me that I write like: J. R. R. Tolkien, James Joyce, Neil Gaiman and Ian Fleming.

It told me I write like Vladimir Nabokov, P.G. Wodehouse (yay!), and Douglas Adams :rainbowderp:

3395001 My hypothesis is, that somepony read my post as a self promotion. It's hard to talk about oneself without sounding like that.

Maybe I should have thrown in that my spelling and grammar isn't all that great. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I wrote a story about overconfident black and red alicorn. However, my post is too long as it is. I only tried to include things about me that are objective or are important to me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25