The Gem Hunters 263 members · 195 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Admin

I have locked the Incoming folder. Sorry, but there's a massive backlog which needs to be addressed.

It'll open again soon, but for now, it's closed.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Plus, we need some time to transition and enact a few changes that are a little overdue.

2993183 I see progress. I am very happy to see progress in this group getting back on its feet.

2993183 any chance more stories would have beed reviewed,
if there was a second folder for 'One-Shots'?
or if more 'Reviewers' could go over the 'Pile' of work?

Just hate to see the incoming closed due to 'Back-Logs', like this.

Are people still processing the massive backlog?

--arcum42

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Admin

Yeah. It's taking a while though, unfortunately.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I'm sorry, I'd be doing more. However work in the PCaRG has increased.

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Admin

3429131 'Tis grand, don't worry about it.

Maybe it needs to be done more in the manner of harsh professional editors?
Description isn't exciting? -- DENIED
First line isn't intriguing? -- DENIED
More than one grammar error in the first few paragraphs? -- DENIED

What I mean is, instead of struggling to make sure every story gets its fair chance, focus on eliminating the unworthy ones as quickly as possible.
I bet a lot of those backlogged stories could be looked at and eliminated in ten seconds flat. :raritywink:

Date log: 10/13/2014
101 Stories in Incoming File.
:unsuresweetie: Wait, 101?

Are you guys still filing the backlog? 34 weeks is an awfully long time.

Been a while, yeah.. I'm curious as to what's happening in the background, but it seems to me like the group is dead. :( Yeesh, I put my story in right about when they were founded, too.

Yeah, it's either dead or so close that it doesn't matter. The Incoming folder has 109 stories in just now, so even if two were assessed every week it would take a full year to clear the backlog. That's effectively a dead group in my book.

That's a big bummer. They were always cool with me. I hope they come back soon. Prak can only review so many stories.:pinkiehappy:

158 weeks ago... Yeesh. You'd think you'd be able to get through a few hundred stories in three years... Guess not. Take your time, just get through as many fics as you can, and I'll be looking forward to whenever the sub box opens again! (Eventually)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15