Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Welp... this might be a thing. Been rumors about it coming along for a while now.

I kind of expected it to be honest. Premise has been done a lot before, but so has everything else. We'll just have to see what happens. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's bad. Either way I'll likely get at least one or two songs out of it and be able to see the MLP experience again possibly in the summer drought.

So... /shrug?

OhGodWhy.jpg:pinkiesick:

I'd be mildly curious about how they'd do a movie without Twilight Sparkle, or at least how and why they'd get her back into the human world. It just doesn't seem plausible.

I'm pretty neutral about this. Since I know we're getting a season 5, I'm not so concerned. Besides I think FiM and ponies work better as a show anyway.

2659525 there are a couple things they could do.

1) Have the human Twilight show up and have it be that.
2) Have Twi magic her way back into the world, which would be kinda dumb
3) Have Twi not be in it at all and have Sunset Shimmer be the main character.

I didn't hate the first one, it was a nice bit of fluff during the drought. I'm open to seeing how this works out.

2659496 NO. please...
oh my god whyyy
Or, you know, they could make a movie that is at least a little bit original.

I'm not sure how I feel about the plot being a battle of the Bands, Other than Pinkie Pie It just seems weird that the rest just happens to play instruments. If they could them why didn't they do so at the cafeteria scene. Unless Flashsentry and his band plays a major role and the mane five plus Sunset Shimmer are helping them out. Wait a minute... is it possible it'll bring Sunset and Flash together again?:pinkiegasp:

2659575 meh, everything's been done before a million times. Including most of the FiM episodes. Dress making episode, Wedding Episode, etc etc.

Depends on how they do it.

2659496 Sounds great to me! Everyone who hates on Equestria Girls can go lick themselves. :pinkiehappy:

Yeah, none of those ideas thrills me, but the #3 seems like the best one.

Pony Applejack and Pinkie Pie have been shown to play instruments... Pinkie obviously being a one-pony band when she wants to be. From a merchandising standpoint, as dumb as the sunglasses car sounds, it would give them the opportunity to market Vinyl Scratch dolls, as well as some other background characters.

A musical theme has the potential for Octavia, Fiddlesticks, and other musical mane-verse characters. Hard to do a "Battle of the Bands" without Flash Sentry in the EQG verse, but it gives the opportunity to develop his character, possibly, plus his bandmates.

The CMC in the movie were supposedly trying to make some kind of music video, even if it was a goof on their "Show Stoppers" song.

Sorry; what? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my mouse clicking as I reserved my tickets, :trollestia:

Pinkie as a drummer? Oddly I would think she would be a horn player considering how many times you see her with brass instruments.

Welp. I wish them all the success in theaters they can get.

More money for pony means more pony.

Hopefully they don't use it as an excuse for more Brad.

FLUGALHOOOOOORN
I could totally see Pinkie's instrument being the one that involves excitedly beating on things super-quickly.

Hopefully they don't use it as an excuse for more Brad.

You fool! You've jinxed it now!:raritydespair:
Now we'll have to endure more cardboard cutouts

2663750 I didn't link the full aritcle. But there is a chance it might not center around twilight, and instead feature around either Sunset or Trixie. The Trixie doll was front and center on the webpage.

I don't know. I'll go see it if it's around here. I enjoy the spectacle l if nothing else. And anything that makes me smile is worth my time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18