Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

WARNING: If this thread starts to become a pit of arguing and flaming I will simply delete it. This is intended to be an honest discussion about characters you dislike and while you can freely dispute them with each other, keep in mind the always true fact that what you are saying is OPINION only, therefore no one is wrong or right.

So yeah, pretty much exactly what the thread title says, do you have a "worst pony", that character you just hate and can't stand? If you do, why, was there a specific episode that made you hate them or a particular trait of theirs or hell maybe something in the fandom made you hate them?

Let's discuss this together, SENSIBLY. Now for me my worst pony is a joint between Snips and Snails, who frankly don't even have one character between them; I find them highly obnoxious, that they escaped getting any punishment for leading a dangerous monster into town and the fact that they are one of the few colts with a recurring role on the show makes it worse.

Now discuss away. PEACEFULLY.

I dislike Rainbow Dash the most because of how egotistical and big-headed she is.
That, and she's more of a bitch than Rarity sometimes.

I can see that though for me it gets balanced out by the fact that RD can at least back up most of her boasting. I still would rather she didn't but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think she'd earned at least a little boasting.

I'm going to get so much flak for this.
Pinkie Pie is worst pony:trollestia:

While she can be pretty funny, I also find her to be pretty annoying.

2nd worst. See above.

Pinkie pretty much is the best or worst thing ever and it comes down to one simple fact; whether or not you think she's funny. If you don't, worst thing ever, if you do, best thing ever.

Yeah. Snips and Snails are essentially the only characters for me that make me visibly cringe.

FiM is usually great about stereotypes. However, Snips and Snails are essentially every stupid girls show stereotype about boys rolled into one. Stupid, ugly, nasty, stupid lackies. Who are stupid.

And they keep bringing them back. EqG even upped it issue by making them villainous stooges. At least in Magic Duel they were clearly being forced and bullied by AlicornAmuletTrixie.

Worst ponies. By far.

I actually didn't mind it in Equestria Girls because at least there they were supposed to be hated and villainous.

True, but it's still annoying at times.

And you can't deny she can definitely be a bit of a bitch at times.
Like when everybody turned down the ticket to the gala and Rainbow lept up shouting "I won! I won!" and only turned it down once everyone glared knives into her.

She can have her jerk moments for sure but character wise I actually like that, it gives the idea that not even the Element Bearers are perfect and they have believable flaws, which makes it easier to connect to them because they seem more like real people. A BIG problem in a lot of cartoons is making the main heroes too perfect and clean and I appreciate FiM giving the Mane 6 believable character flaws.

2295820 Of the mane six I might have to choose Pinkie Pie certainly as my least favourite, but only because of her track record. I hate it when the writers just use her for gags and don't give her any real purpose in an episode and I find it happens far more often than it should. I do love it when they give her a bit more reason to her actions. Like in Baby Cakes, Party of One, Too many Pinkie Pies or her Smile song. Those were great Pinkie moments. But in the S4 opener as well as numerous other episodes, I feel they kind of played her very one-dimensionally. Misusing her in such a manner was kind of painful for me to watch, because I know how great a character she is when she is portrayed well. When Pinkie is given reason to her zaniness (and not meta reasons), she is at her best. Sometimes I feel that some writers just don't know what to do with Pinkie Pie.

Of all ponies, my least favourite would be... You know, I don't think I can point one out. I rather like pretty much every character for some facet of who they are. I'd rather not focus on what I don't like, because for every flaw I see, I generally see at least two other things that I love about a character. My least favourite characters are instances of when the writers messed up in delivering them as they should have. (Spike in Spike at your service, Pinkie in the S4 opener... those sorts of instances.)

I guess I just don't find the small flaws irritating enough to actually warrant my disliking of a character. As long as they have reasons for their actions and remain relatable, I'll love a character more than dislike them.

Rarity... She's just SO BITCHY.

I think Pinkie Pie would be worst pony in real life. But on the screen, she's adorable.

To me, worst pony would have to be one that just inspires no feelings of good at all while also making me feel bad. Snips and Snails don't make me feel bad. Pinkie Pie is too cute on screen to make me feel bad. Blueblood is comical to me. Despite him being commonly shown as an asshole, I think he's a pretty nice guy. Applejack gives me the feeling that she might be vicious if she doesn't like you, but she does seem to be fair so I can't say she's worst. Rainbow Dash I dislike, but she's amazing when she's around other characters. Mayor Mare is cute with pink hair. Big Mac is enedearing.

Worst pony is Screwball?

2295820 Personally, I think that there is no such thing as Worst Pony. I believe that everypony has something admirable about them in one way or another - there is nopony on the show that I genuinely hate, in all honesty.

Example? Prince Blueblood; the pony pretty much nobrony likes. He's not one of my favorites or anything - I think he was a total douche, but you have to cut the guy some slack, he had a very minor role that was quite terrible and ever since then, he's been portrayed as nothing but the bad guy. But if more people would take a minute to realize that, then maybe he wouldn't get so much hate. I mean, is it fun to torture him in some stories? ...yes. But it wouldn't hurt to give him a second chance! Look at Queen Chrysalis - she overthrew Canterlot, and yet in a lot of stories, she's portrayed as a not-so villainous character! Seriously, you guys? Seriously?

Soooo yeah, I have some ponies I dislike - such as Lyra, and Diamond Tiara and Gilda - but they aren't downright horrible with no good qualities at all. That's kinda impossible to do with any character.

2295831>>2296830
Well ok the first guy is dead to me since we all know Fluttershy is worst pony and that he is just jealous of pinkie's happiness. Also i would totally love to be friends with Pinkie i dont care what any of you haters say ha! I just find Fluttershy annoying because i cant stand people like her since they would be hard to talk to i think.

That I agree with its why I no longer watch the show they cant keep her character well balanced like in season one. I watched a review where the guy was saying that he felt that he longed for the early seasons before Pinkie was portrayed as an annoying nerve grating comic relief character. but for me personally I don't like Fluttershy i couldn't like her not even in the start of the show i just found her annoying and way too introverted for my taste.

I find her bubblieness annoying:ajbemused:

She is not bitchy!:flutterrage:
She is FABULOUS!

I'm not going to argue- that'll get this thread deleted. Let me leave you with the fact that before seeing what Sweetie did, Rarity truly treated Sweetie like shit.

Undeniable, but she did see the error of her ways, and patch her relationship with Sweetie Belle. After that she was vastly improved, and far more likable as a character.

Yeah, but just to be honest, throwing yourself onto the nearest clean object screams being a total snob... As if it wasn't obvious enough.

To clarify, I don't think Pinkie is the worst pony overall, just out of the mane six. In fact best pony in my opinion is Pinkies alter ego Pinkamena.

I love Pinkamena and that picture of her. They should have Pinkamena show up more on the show.:pinkiecrazy:

Too right they should. That would add some pretty interesting possibilities for the show. Cupcakes episode? :pinkiecrazy:

2295820 Fluttershy. It used to be Derpy, but now it's Fluttershy

Comment posted by Anyne deleted Mar 2nd, 2014

2309135 Pinkie Pie doesn't have an alter ego

She has a fanon alter ego named Pinkamena

2983273 No, Pinkamena is her full name. That doesn't mean she has a split personality

Pinkie Pie:

Pinkamena:

Pinkamena Diane Pie is her full name yes. However ever since "Party of One" aired the name Pinkamena has been used to reference the dark side of Pinkie's personality. This eventually gave rise to a popular headcanon that the two are actually different personalities inside of one body.

2983965 I see no difference between those pictures. Just two pictures of Pinkie Pie

You know, I'm using them in one of my stories right now and they're actually kind of fun just because they make for a good foil to an easily irritated character (in this case, Sunset Shimmer). Kinda hard to give them depth, but based on going back to Trixie for more, I decided they're stupidly loyal. :twilightblush:

It's Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon I can't stand. I know various writers have inserted some depth into them, but the show keeps making them more and more horrible with each appearance.

Someone I've reviewed for has used them and I find they'll be interesting there. Just cause they're worst doesn't mean I demonize them or anything.

MLP's shown me that if someone's not good to you, it's less of them sucking and more of you sucking at making people useful to you. So I could believe there's good fics out there where Snips and Snails are interesting.

I am starting to think liking pinkie takes required taste and I hate rainbow dash. Poor pinkie gets so much hate from the fandom and Dash is never criticized for her stupidity. Dash is pretty dumb she can't seem to learn anything unless she's told she isn't learning.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34