Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
nerdy_aslin
Group Admin

Hello! I've noticed that this group doesn't really get much use anymore, which is ok, because this website isn't our whole life because that'd be really weird, but I do think we should talk more, especially since we are gradually gaining 2-3 new members on a weekly basis, and that's really exciting!

Anywho, I know we tried this earlier, but lets try again, lets do some introductions. I even listed some sample questions that you can feel free to answer, or not, it's chill.

1. Name (Username, IRL name, Nickname, OC Name, whatever you wish to be called really)
2. Age (this is one of those feel free not to answer questions if you're uncomfortable)
3. Location (again, feel free not to answer)
4. Favorite T.D. Fic
5. Favorite MLP Episode
6. Favorite MLP Song
7. Favorite Character
8. Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media, Etc.
9. Hobbies besides being a brony
10. Random Fact

So yeah! It's nice to meet you all, and I'll answer the questions below too! :twilightblush:

nerdy_aslin
Group Admin

Name: Brigid, I also go by nerdy_aslin
Favorite T.D. Fic: A Sweet Taste of Cake by a landslide. Actually it's my favorite fic ever, and part of the reason I made this group is so that I could discuss it with other people :twilightblush:
Favorite MLP Episode: I really love Canterlot Wedding Pt. 2, Pinkie Pride, and Cutie Mark Chronicles a lot!
Favorite MLP Song: You'll Play Your Part, no contest.
Favorite Character: A tie between Princess Cadence and Pinkie Pie :pinkiehappy:
Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media, Etc.: I love Steven Universe, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, and a bunch of other things, but those are the big ones.
Hobbies besides being a brony: I do a lot of choir and theatre in my free time, along with reading, drawing, and playing the ukulele!
Random Fact: I don't usually act in drama, I tend to do tech! I usually run the props crew, and I once got to use stage blood and it was so awesome! :rainbowkiss:

4141749 Okay, I'll bite.

Name: Blabideeblah
Favorite T.D. Fic: Shine, by The Descendant himself.
Favorite MLP Episode: Filli Vanilli
Favorite MLP Song: I'll Fly Higher, by AcoustiMandoBrony.
Favorite Character: It changes a lot. At first it was Rainbow Dash, then it was Lightning Dust, then it was changelings, then it was Nightmare Moon, then it was Chrysalis, and now it's changelings again.
Other Favorite Shows: Deadliest Warrior, Dan Vs., Mythbusters, Billy the Exterminator, A Haunting, and Maze Runner.
Hobbies: Drawing cartoonish comics of various celebrities I look up to (usually Ben Burnley), guitar, bass guitar, reading, and fanboying. (It's a thing, shut up.)
Fun Fact: I have Aspergers Syndrome.

Name: Dan

Favorite TD Fic: A Sweet Taste of Cakes followed closely by A Youth in the Garden-which is he one that lead my to TD.

Favorite MLP Episode: I have to admit, I regularly watch the first two episodes.

Favorite MLP Song: Apples Forever

Favorite Character: Her nerdy Royal highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle

Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media: Red vs. Blue (And any other content from Rooster Teeth), Doctor Who, Star Trek (TOS, TNG, and, Voyager), Red Dwarf, Halo, and Destiny.

Hobbies outside of being a brony: I don't have to many hobbies, I play Xbox when I have the time, hang out with my family.

Random Fact: if you take the other 7 planets in our solar system and put them side to side, they would fit in between the Earth and the moon.

Name: Matthew Kaniss, I also go by Forgedheart or big blue
Favorite T.D. Fic: My Favorite fic is hands-down Heart of a Dragon
Favorite MLP episode: Cutie Mark Chronicles, Power Ponies, and Luna Eclipsed
Favorite MLP Song: Stop the bats
Favorite Character: Princess Luna or Twilight
Other Favorite Shows/Media: Kingdom hearts, Fullmetal Alchemist, and a lot more but i'd rather not ramble
Hobbies besides being a brony: I mostly read a lot of fiction and play video games
Random Fact: I'm kinda a geek:unsuresweetie:

1. Roy/XaldinLance
2. 20
3. E. Tx, USA
4. A Sweet Taste of Cake/Father of My Children
5. A Canterlot Wedding
6. You'll Play Your Part/ Welcome to the Show/Under Our Spell
7. Princess Luna
8. Archer, 300, 300: Rise of an Empire, Band Of Brothers, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Weeds, The Pacific, Red Vs. Blue, RWBY, Halo, Mass Effect, any power rangers involving Jason David Frank
9. Reading
10. Eagle Scout

1. Eric/Starguy135
2. Just a few months away from 30
3. Bronx, NY, USA
4. Close but I'm going with Our Gifts
5. The Return of Harmony
6. Pinkie's Lament
7. Rainbow Dash
8. Mythbusters, MASH, Friends, Mad About You, Star Trek Next Gen, Avatar the Last Airbender, I used to be really into Dr. Who but not so much anymore.
9. Gamer/avid reader.
10. I picked the water starter in every pokemon game except for Ruby.

1. The Rocket Scientist
2. 19
4. Super Amazing Rocket Sled of Awesome
5. Putting Your Hoof Down
6. This Day Aria
7. Fluttershy
8. Red vs. Blue, RWBY, House of Cards, SCP Foundation
9. Playing Saxophone, drawing
10. The reason my name is Rocket Scientist is because I'm specifically an aerospace engineering student.

1. Ryouga, Ry
2. Getting too old for this... :derpytongue2: 38
3. Seated, facing south... Somewhere on the Chesapeake Bay
4. A Cup of Joe. Too many veteran feels in that one to ignore.
5. Hmm.... Sisterhooves Social
6. Art of the Dress :raritywink:
7. Rarity :raritystarry:
8. Anime, Star Trek, Star Wars, Mythbusters, Chopped
9. Draw and read a lot, building figurines
10. I like to sketch scenes from stuff I've read. usually doesn't go past that, but once in a while I will polish the artwork into something nice enough to share

1. Name My family call me Michael, my friends call me Mike. Never call me Mick.
2. Age I was born in the September of '73. As of this posting that makes me 41 years old.
3. Location Sydney, Australia.
4. Favorite T.D. Fic Variables
5. Favorite MLP Episode Lesson Zero
6. Favorite MLP Song Winter Wrap Up
7. Favorite Character Mane 6 = Fluttershy. Supporting cast = Big Mac. Background = Derpy.
8. Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media, Etc. Red Dwarf. Game Of Thrones. Blackadder. Black Mirror. The Games.
9. Hobbies besides being a brony Science Fiction fan (print more than TV or movies). Car nut (borderline obsessed).
10. Random Fact I run a monthly Monopoly Meetup group here in Sydney.

1. Alchemy Student
2. 28
3. South
4.A Sweet Taste of Cake
5. Don't make me choooooose!!!! Ok, um...Twilight's Kingdom
6....fanmade or offical? Because offical is a tossup between "Let the Rainbow Remind you" "This Day Aria" "Make a Wish" or "Love is in Bloom." Fanmade "Revenge""Discord," and of course, "Loyalty
7. Dashie!!
8. Flash, Avengers, Power Rangers Dino Charge,
9. Gaming, Live reads
10. I really like to talk with you guys

1. Name: Dawn Jewel or 'Freest

2. Age: 17

3. Location: Indianapples

4. Favorite T.D. Fic: Suuuuuper easy question. Tangled Up In Bluesy Blue Bluespony Blues em dash saxophone.

5. Favorite MLP Episode: Wonderbolts Academy. I love it when Dash is actually loyal for a change.

6. Favorite MLP Song: Really anything from the Cheese Sandwich episode.

7. Favorite Character: Vinyl Scratch. Favorite Mane Six has been Dash from the start.

8. Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media, Etc: Spider-Man in general, a little Adventure Time, I like Doestoyevsky, and classic rock and blues. Queen, Def Leppard , and "Sonny Boy" Terry.

9. Hobbies besides being a brony: Music musice musicky music music. Actually, I do that as a brony too, just nobody pays any attention =P

10. Random Fact: I'm pretty good at that Tibetan monk throat humming thing.

4142523 Rocket! You play sax? Do you record at all?

Hmm, seems like a worthwhile idea!

1. Lurks-no-More, or M. if you want my real initial.

2. 35, but I only feel old when I look at other people's answers.

3. Finland

4. A Cup of Joe, closely followed by The Living is Easy

5. Hard question! There are so many good ones, over all the seasons... Maybe, overall, Suited for Success?

6. Again, hard question! Ultimately, I think This Day Aria wins. It's just awesome.

7. Among the Mane Six, Twilight, Rarity and Applejack; of the CMCs, Sweetie Belle. Also, I'm more and more fond of Sunset Shimmer!

8. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings (both books and the movies), Azumanga Daioh, Iain M. Banks' Culture novels, John Le Carre's spy fiction, Conan the Barbarian...

9. Video games, tabletop RPGs and board games, bridge, cooking, science fiction & fantasy, con volunteering...

10. I still have all of my wisdom teeth left.

4142987 Probably would if I had a better mic. Alas, my really nice clip on mic was lost last time I moved. Still , if anyone needs help with a project or some such I'm more than willing to help out.

2. 35, but I only feel old when I look at other people's answers.

I did too, until I realized that almost a third of the people who have answered so far are over 30. When I first posted, I assumed that I wouldn't see any one else even close to my age.

There is nothing quite like going to a Brony meet, and realising that you are literally old enough to be the father of anyone else in attendance.

...or ending up being the "responsible adult" of the group.

...or sitting around with a dumb look on your face when talk turns to video games.

...or cringing at the music selection.

...or being the only one that doesn't want to eat at McDonald's.

...or being the group's taxi service.

But, hey, fun times. Now get off my lawn!

4143957 I do music...can you play blues? How cool would it be to do a song based on Tangled Up In Blues?

I'm kinda new here, but that doesn't mean I can't answer, right ?

1. Name : PiokDBLial, Pierrick, Piok, Teaspoon (is my OC and avatar, but I think you might have guessed),... You have many choices ! But I prefer Piok :raritywink:

2. Age : 23 at the moment, 24 in a few months (well, 6 to be exact).

3. Location : Ardennes, France, Europe.

4. Favorite T.D. Fic : Damn, the choice is hard... Comes to a tie between "As a Mother", "Variables", "Tangled Up in Blues" and "The Railway Ponies : Highball".

5. Favorite MLP Episode : Hm... Another tough one, I'm always tiraillé between multiple answers. Possibilities here ? "Pinkie Pride", "Magical Mystery Cure" and "The Return of Harmony" (both episodes).

6. Favorite MLP Song : That would be the "Smile" song.

7. Favorite Character : I'd say Fluttershy (:yay:), even if, again, it's very hard for me to choose favorites.

8. Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media, Etc. : Hm... Sin City (both the first film and the comics), Batman (can't go wrong with that I think ! (except when it goes very, very wrong (I'm looking at you "Batman and Robin"))), Payday 2.

9. Hobbies besides being a brony : Video games, tabletop RPGs, boardgames... Yeah, I'm a game type of guy ^^.

10. Random Fact : My first contact with MLP : FiM was via a tabletop RPG and ended up with the group liberating Nightmare Moon, which killed Celestia, and us killing Twilight and Rainbow Dash... Are we excused if we say that none of us knew the show at that moment :scootangel: ? (pleasedon'tkillme)

1. Name - gamexpert1990. Also, my real name is common enough that I don't really mind giving it out: Justin.
2. Age - 24 as of this post.
3. Location - United States of America.
4. Favorite T.D. Fic - I've only read a handful of T.D.'s fics so far, but I'd have to say my favorite story of his is either Our Gifts or The Living is Easy.
5. Favorite MLP Episode - This is a tough one... I think I'll go with a tie of "It's About Time" and "Sisterhooves Social."
6. Favorite MLP Song - Smile, Smile Smile. I am physically unable to frown when I listen to that song. :pinkiehappy:
7. Favorite Character - Tie between Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. I can see a little bit of myself in both of them at a near equal amount.
8. Other Favorite Shows, Movies, Media, Etc. - I like far too many to list here. :twilightsheepish:
9. Hobbies besides being a brony - I like to play video games, read books, and also play certain card games.
10. Random Fact - I mostly use the mobile version of Fimfiction due to somewhat limited computer access...

1. TheMisterBold
2. 15 1/2 ish
3. Nebraska
4. Can't pick a real favorite
5. A Canterlot Wedding
6. Find the Music in You or You'll Play Your Part
7. Octavia, Fluttershy, Vinyl Scratch, or Sombra. I can't really decide who I like more
8. Doctor Who, Star Wars, Youtube, & Soundtracks to Video games
9. Warhammer 40k, Saxophone playing, Video games, & Reading
10. Random Fact - Once beat three video games in a weekend

I'll bite. It'll be nice to meet new faces on here.

1. Al, though i tend to go by "Post" a lot. Shorthand, y'know?
2. 23.
3. Madison, WI, USA.
4. Shine. Coincidentally the only TD fic that I've ready so far, but I'm willing to believe that It'll still be my favorite in the future, because it's *really* good. Unless he's that good all the time? Hm. Will have to study more!
5. Ahh, i only have to pick one? Well - I guess I'll go with the Twilight's Kingdom Two-parter, but I'll add Keep Calm and Flutter On as an honorable mention.
6. In-show, You'll Play Your Part. In-fandom, Beyond Her Garden.
7. Discord, no contest. RD and Fluttershy, if you wanted a more traditional answer.
8. My favorite show after ponies is probably Steins;Gate (semicolon is part of the title); my favorite movie is Aronofsky's The Fountain; and my favorite book is House of Leaves.
9. I write and read during a fair amount of my spare time. When i'm not with family or friends, most of the rest is video games, particularly League of Legends.
10. I frequently break out into song when i think i won't be judged for doing so.

1. Name Poetry Motion and Daughter Beauty Motion

2. Age 59

3. Location Tennessee

4. Favorite T.D. Fic?

5. Favorite MLP Episode: hard to name just one

6. Favorite MLP Song: hard to name just one

7. Favorite Character: Fluttershy

8. Other Favorite Shows, Through the Wormhole

9. Hobbies besides being a brony, see my member info

10. Random Fact: Randomness is random.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24