Sunset Shimmer 4,935 members · 6,781 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I really, really hope to find a story, where

1. SS is not an idiot. Meaning not freaky plans with little to no chances to success (and no way to estimate chances to success).
2. SS is slightly Evil. Not like Satan Evil, but like House M.D. Evil.
3. SS is charismatic, like she was before Orbital Rainbow Cannon.
4. SS indeed has good reasons (and not 'corruption of the Mirror') to do what she does.
5. SS is antagonistic towards Celestia and Twilight Sparkle
6. No Eq. G. happened.

Also, a good dose of cynicism and deconstruction would be good. Bonus points for LIghtning Dust and Trixie.

Such a story is, apparently, yet to be written. Well, there are few that are close (like these 1, 2, 3 ) but they are only close. The question is, if anybody can write it...

Albi
Group Contributor

Perhaps this will suit your tastes? Maybe. I can't explain the criteria it does and doesn't fit without spoiling it so you'll just have to trust me.

3665026 i want too see a princess Sunset story

I'll check in. Even from description I see it violates some of requirements, but I'll check it, since there is very little of SS on the site.

I have one in progress. Though it's not published yet.

I have one planned in the future.:pinkiehappy:
But I think there is one already made (sorta).:duck:

Hmmm...the Sunset stories I plan to write might fit some of those criteria...but probably not all of them.:unsuresweetie:

3666029 Don't judge it too early. It fits better to your requirements that the first chapters let on, even though maybe not in the way you expect. It is by the way a really, really good story that is way underrated, so I would recommend all of you to read it anyway.

Such a story is, apparently, yet to be written. Well, there are few that are close (like these 1, 2, 3 ) but they are only close. The question is, if anybody can write it...

*holds up a mirror*

...No, seriously. This is how it starts. This is the beginning of the journey, your Call to Adventure. We've all been where you are now.

There is a story you want to exist, but it doesn't. And nobody else seems willing or capable of writing it.

It's up to you.

1. SS is not an idiot. Meaning not freaky plans with little to no chances to success (and no way to estimate chances to success).
4. SS indeed has good reasons (and not 'corruption of the Mirror') to do what she does.
6. No Eq. G. happened.

Bonus 1. A good dose of cynicism and deconstruction would be good.
Bonus 2. LIghtning Dust and Trixie.

1. How about a semi-Xanatos genius? Check.
2. Dark tag. Check.
3. But ofc. Check.
4. Oh yeah. That's my plot arc. Check.
5. Twilight ofc. But Celestia? Ambivalence. It's a very loaded relationship. 1/2 check.
6. Don't understand this one. If EqG doesn't happen, how can we have Sunset? Her plan wasn't actually stupid, y'know. Ppl just misunderstand it.
B1. Oh god yes. Full-on teenage narrator mode. Check.
B2. Nah. No place for normals in my 'verse.

But Celestia? Ambivalence. It's a very loaded relationship.

Highly depends on the story. I admit, this is partially to my view of canon Celestia and Twilight (Luna too). Some things they do must not be done, period.

Don't understand this one. If EqG doesn't happen, how can we have Sunset?

She had a story before coming into Eq.G. universe. Kinda like Freeport Venture, you are AFAIK following .

No place for normals in my 'verse.

Elaborate, please.

Some things they do must not be done, period.

What do you mean by that?

She had a story before coming into Eq.G. universe. Kinda like Freeport Venture,

I feel her self-exile does a lot to define who she is. And I like her as a human; it gives her that The Last Unicorn vibe. Back in Equestria, she's just another unicorn even if an exceptional one.

Elaborate, please.

The bg ponies you listed are normal kids in EqG verse. Hence, normals.
In my hopefully-soon-to-upload fic, she ends up with associates who can give her a run for her money in all categories. Earth was never no-magic. It's simply hidden-magic, as it has always been.
Once Sunset realizes that, she'll find herself going down a rabbit hole deeper than she ever imagined.

What do you mean by that?

Twilight: Want it need it. Excuse me, but she forced entire town into fight. It is dumb luck, that no fatalities happened. Basically, Twilight is a monkey on a nuclear bomb.
Celestia: Starswearls' spell. Screw lives of five ponies in hope that fixing the mess another mare will grow personally.
Luna: mindwalking (dreamwalking). Essentially a violation of privacy of thoughts.
Cadance: plain mind control, she applies when sees fitting. May be limited, but still.

Basically, all four alicorns should be contained in my book. I can live with the third and to some extent the forth assuming alien morality of ponies, but the first two give me really hard time.

And I like her as a human;

MMmm... I prefer her as a pony. Not that there is no good EqG fics, but still.

The bg ponies you listed are normal kids in EqG verse. Hence, normals.

Obviously, I was talking about ponies.

3665026 Let me try mine.

6. No Eq. G. happened.
Also, a good dose of cynicism and deconstruction would be good. Bonus points for LIghtning Dust and Trixie.

1 - Well, she doesn't fully think her plans through, but she is clever and manipulative.
2 - I'm purposefully balancing her villainous and sympathetic traits, so, maybe.
3 - I dunno about charismatic, but she does prove herself manipulative and a consummate liar.
4 - Yes, she does.
5 - Oh god yes, especially the latter.
6 - It did, but it didn't turn out the way Rainbow Rocks implies.

Cynicism? Not so much. Deconstruction? I think there's some elements, though they aren't a focus.

If it sounds like I may pass, here you are.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/194394/twilight-falls-sunset-dawns

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13