Nostalgic Cartoon Network 289 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I will do the honors of posting a forum to show how Cartoon Network has changed. Lets start with the show Teen Titans.

The group of teenage super heroes fight villains to save the people of their city, and later going on to the rest of the world. With a great mix of comedy, action, and likable characters, the show was one of my favorite.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=XPULC3cBOzA]

Also this, one of my favorite fights of the series.

Now, Cartoon Network has the idea of turning this once great show into... This.

What a disgrace.

1132703 I don't see it as crap. I see it as Slice of Life satire.

Unfortunately a lot of today's cartoons are going down the drain. Take the Scooby Doo series for example. The best was the 1969/1970s series. After that it was never as good. But recently (in the past 5 years) they were just terrible. :facehoof:

Melkor
Group Admin

I only watched an episode or two, but it didn't leave a great impression.
The original was amazing though.

1132703 The worst things happen in the future. I don't understand why they wouldn't continue from where they left off with the league of evil (The brain person.). (New) Cartoon Network sucks so much. :c

MidnightBloom
Group Admin

1132703 It truly is disgusting , what they did to such an awesome show :facehoof:
I am disgusted :pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick:

I'm sorry, what am I looking at? I honestly can't see crap without my glasses :trollestia:

I don't even need glasses :rainbowlaugh:

The Masked Ghost
Group Admin

1132703i've seen the new Teen titans show, and let me just tell you, i couldn't even get through the first episode. it's that bad of a show.

man, they should've just stick to what the Good Teen Titans show did. just stick to having them fight villians and possiably tell of what happened to terra.

i also remember i have these cards of teen titans. i think it was a matching game or something. that and i have some of the toys back when the show was still on in the early 2000's. i even remember i dressed up as Robin on one halloween night when i was a kid.

1132717>>1132729>>1132732>>1132728>>1132727>>1132724[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=relmfu&v=XPULC3cBOzA] I think I fixed the first link

1132703 no what is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melkor
Group Admin

This is a good comparison of the generations.
90s = plot with really good foreshadowing of future episodes, and character development.
2000s = Still some awesome shows, but satirical shows start to become really popular. The adventures of Flapjack.
Awww, I loved this show so much.

Like any show it had its flaws, but it was really good.
While recently in the 2010s and beyond, cartoons are just flooded with satire, and instead of plot, they make fun of the fact that they have no plot. Kinda like Seinfeld (except even that still had plot)

1132703The newer version of Teen Titans. I started to watch it. Key word being started. It was okay at first. Bit stupid if not marginally entertaining... then it got to around the 2 minute mark.:facehoof: The second I heard about Robin asking Starfire on a date, I stopped watching.

NOPE.JPG

ABORT!

CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE!

THAT IS NOT ROBIN!:flutterrage: (Sorta. He just wouldn't be a pussy about it.:ajbemused:)

Okay everyone here clearly missed the point of Teen Titans Go, which is one of the few watchable things still running on Cartoon Network.

The point of it isn't to be "Hey, it's a new season of Teen Titans!". The point of it is to be a series of omake. Short, silly, slice-of-life, over-the-top absurd stories featuring the Teen Titans that exist for pure silliness value.

I was a skeptic when it was first announced, but the very first episode sold me. (Which, incidentally, featured a My Little Pony parody with Tara Strong voicing all the characters, and Raven being a closet fan of it).

For the one bitching about newer versions of Scooby Doo? Step off, please. Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated is one of the most awesome versions of the series. It doesn't take itself seriously and yet at the same time has one thing Scooby Doo has NEVER had: a metaplot. There's an ongoing plot running through both seasons of the show, the entire show is self-referential and makes wink-nudge callbacks to EVERY version of Scooby Doo to date, there are complex interpersonal relationships, and Scooby gets to be a snarky badass instead of a pointless funny talking animal. It is also one of the few good things to come out of Cartoon Network in a VERY long time.

Would CN be better off with all the old shows that are currently on Boomerang or Netflix or else just plain gone back where they belong and all the Adventure Time/Regular Show/Annoying Orange crap gone? Yes. But don't knock the GOOD shows just because you don't "get" them or because they're not what you were expecting them to be.

1132703 1133257
I have to agree with MythrilMoth about the show isn't that bad. The show is about the off days and not taken very seriously. In fact a favorite episode of mine of that show is when Robin is in Driver's Ed to get his license (He lost his original one when he crashed the Bat-mobile :rainbowlaugh:). BUT, I also see it has some really terrible moments. The episode that followed it involved Trigon staying with the titans for a while and every titan declares how evil he was.

Me::duck:kay...

Trigon declares he wants to get Raven to join the, dark side if you will, but Raven declines the offer.

Me::raritywink:smart girl, so I assume Trigon has a plan?

He does in fact! He gives the other titans dark powers (act average, buffed, ect.) and the titans start confronting Raven that she should take up her father's dark side.

Me::raritydespair:What? Your telling me the titans, who clearly stated that Trigon was evil and considered Armagideon, accepted powers from him, that he declared was dark, and are now defending him as a great guy? ...THERE IS NO WRITERS!:raritycry:

Point is that you can't really judge a series on one episodes and I'm seeing a lot of bad parts in the series (even if, it might have some shining moments).

Teen Titans Go is okay and Scooby Doo Mystery Incorportated is actually quite dark. Sadly all the other shows aside from the new Bayblade and Pokemon are unwatchable with the exception of maybe one or two episodes. (Like the episde of Regular Show involving Rigby learning "The Death Punch" because he kept getting beat up by his friends.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17