Equestria Girls Fics 3,769 members · 12,123 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

So according to Hasbro, the new movie is called Legend of the Everfree, and will be releasing in Fall this year. There's not much detail but we did get some info:

*10 minutes of it will be uploaded on Youtube, as they did with Friendship Games last year.
*Netflix will get it before Discovery Family for some reason.
*The theme is that the girls are going to camp.

Now honestly, I'm a little confused as to why they're going to go camping, but I'm also excited that they're developing the world a little more. I mean, to this point, we only have Sweet Apple Acres, CHS, the Coffee Shop, and Crystal Prep, so I'm intrigued to see how they handle the integration of this new forest.

I'm sure that with the new movie, they'll also add a new villain as well. I mean, we were kept in the dark for each movie's release, and the movie didn't really show much promise until they were integrated. I mean, Sunset was kept under wraps for the first movie, the Dazzlings didn't show up until much later after the announcement of Rainbow Rocks, and even Principal Cinch wasn't even known until the movie released.

If they say that the Shadowbolts will eventually return, I do hope that they integrate them camping with the girls from CHS. And maybe they could characterize them more, show that Sugarcoat isn't entirely blunt, Sour Sweet's not completely bipolar, and they could finally give Sunny Flare some characterization in this new movie...

Feel free to discuss this new development in the comments below. There are no spoilers yet, and I don't think they'll show off over 30 minutes of the movie this time like they did with Friendship Games...

Also, the admins need to freshen up this group's main page a little more...

5043974 I hope the Dazzlings return

5043974 Would be nice to see the Dazzlings and the Shadowbolts show up again.

And I completely agree about the banner

I'd like to see more magic integration with the human world. Perhaps transformations for people other than the girls.

5043974 I don't Think that Pony Twilight will be there, but instead EG Twilight, cause that would make alot of sense, i hope we get to see more familliar faces, like we did in the third Movie, cause that would be awesome

Yay! New movie with new characters and stuff! I am so excited for this!!

5043997 I can already see Tree Hugger as a camp counselor...

Is it wrong that I don't want magic as the main benefactor? I mean the fights at the end of the movies are awesome, but they can only do that for so long.

5044022 Oh, yeah, let's make that happen

YES! I'm probably one of the few fans that look forward to EQ MORE than the main series.......does that make me a "Black Sheep" of the fandom?

Regardless of what happens in this movie and the camping plot, one thing I think we ALL agree on that NEEDS to be addressed in the next movie is the reconciliation of Sunset Shimmer and Celestia.

She's already redeemed herself to the point where she's risen again symbolically like a phoenix as Daydream Shimmer, so what's STOPPING the writers from address this critical issue?

MAKE IT HAPPEN HASBRO!!!

5044037 I think it's because (in my opinion) Sunset still isn't sure that the magic that came through the portal can't be contained. She knows how to control it, but there's still a possibility of wild magic out there.

5044027 Well, magic always has a way of rearing its head in these movies, and I wouldn't be surprised if it returns in the new movie.

But at the same time, I am wondering if Sunset thinks that there are other ways to solve problems without the use of magic...

5044037 Agreed. Been waiting too long. However, since the title has Everfree in it it would be cool if Zecora is in it. :twilightsmile:

We all want that to happen, I think the only thing that is stopping the writers is how does it make Sunset look when she has his new home, how much time can we devote to it to string on the heartstrings, and should she come back.

Oh, am I the onl one who is curious about the "New powers" line? Are we going to see the girls become more and more like magical girls (please be W.I.T.C.H., please be W.I.T.C.H)

I imagine CHS and crystal prep students having fun at a camp run by the sirens or during the crystal gala we get to see a human version of Sombra or at camp we might get a new character who is a mermare or sea pony or kelpie trying to save the camp. It would be interesting to see how sirens react to other water ponies.

Well, I know I wanted Sunset to return to Equestria or even think about her life in Equestria in EQG3, but obviously that didn't happen (it almost did, though), so I'm hoping for more development of that angle in EQG4. Also, ME NEEDS MORE SUGARCOAT.
I also want to see more of Sunset and Celestia's history/reconcilation.
AND DAZZLINGS. I NEED MORE DAZZLINGS.

Well, good thing I'm getting a Netflix account.

5043974 Camping huh? I guess that fits the Legends of Everfree thing that was kicked around last year.

YES! I'm probably one of the few fans that look forward to EQ MORE than the main series.......does that make me a "Black Sheep" of the fandom?

Don't worry. I prefure Equestria Girls over the main series too. Just look at my avatar logo.

I really hope to see Sunset getting jumpy when she learns that the forest is called Everfree (if it's called Everfree?).

5043974 Cool, I defiantly cannot wait for this movie. I too am glad that they are going to be exploring something outside of the School. (I also have high hopes for the possibility of the Magic at the School not being the cause of the villain.)

I DO know that we'll see more of Sci-Twi (Of course:derpytongue2:) Whether or note will se more of the ShadowBolts or Dazzlings (Or Both) I'm unsure. (But still a little hopeful)

Almost as soon as I heard the name of the movie, I had high hopes that the villain could be Chrysalis. (But this theory has been proven to have some flaws, and as always, Equestrian Girls has always contained new villains, not reused or human version of an old MLP villain.)

As always, I'm (Highly) looking forward to character development and possible new characters. (That may actually prove useful to the plot)

One of my main curiosities would be whether or not Princess Twilight is going to be needed for the plot of this movie?

Now that Sunset Shimmer's "Got The Power!" (:derpytongue2:) and there's Sci-Twi (Which I don't see ponying-up anytime soon) I don't know...

I, however would be slightly disappointed if Twilight is not needed in this movie. (Yes, there was Twilight in friendship games, but she only appeared at the end after being mentioned occasionally throughout the movie, her being totally not needed is different.)

Also, I (Being the Craaaazy:pinkie crazy: FlashLight fan that I am) am curious about what the writers have up their sleeves for not only Flash himself, but also what they plan on doing with his relationship with (Princess) Twilight. (Because seriously, I'm suspended at where they left me at the end of Rainbow Rocks...Yes, I'm talking about THAT part.)

So yes, I'm VERY excited about this movie, and cannot wait to see what's inshore for the EG universe.:yay:

5044072 Same, I wamt to see that happen in a movie.

5045735 I also want to see Tree Hugger in Legend of the Everfree...

I'm not really sure...
It wouldn't hurt if Sunset and Sci-Twi actually got a duet this time, and the writers didn't remove it.
But I could go for Sunset returning to Equestria, (like what was mentioned above.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25