Humans are Superior 4,462 members · 1,250 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Seriously, opinions? This show is never really consistent with the level of technology that the inferior mongrels ponies possess, and this just confuses me further.

Look at that. She has a bloody air-filtration system strapped to her back.
:duck:

Its not that hard, we don't need modern materials to build a air-tight suit,

the air filtration would give problems as some filtration systems used PISS

2483574 Well in the world of MLP nothing needs to make sense at all. That how magic and Pinkie Pie work. So in other therm the whole series says, "Screw logic.

But that what makes it great.

This looks sort of like the suits form outbreak.

Equestria lives in a cartoon universe. In cartoon universes, function defines form (verses real life where form defines function). Rarity needed something to completely protect her, so she got a hazmat suit.

...it's magic, we ain't gotta explain shit.

2483574 This isn't the first time a hazmat suit has been shown in MLP. I forget what the episode was called (I know it's from Season 2), but it was the one where Applebloom gets Cutie Marks all over her body. At the end when she's making her big confession, there's a background pony wearing a hazmat suit.

At least I think it's that episode. :derpytongue2:

The Cutie Pox is a season two episode but the other bit is right.

Honestly, I'll never get why mixing tech and magic is so utterly a no go for many. It's frankly one of the things I find refreshing about this show. Sure, they've hinted that most of the complicated stuff is magic powered at least... but doesn't that make freaking sense for a country were roughly a third of the population are natural mages?

It may outsmart gas, but no-one outsmart bullet.

2485668 it's contradictory and pointless. Plus it gives people like Chatoyance the idea that pony tech is even close to ours.

I'll have to strongly disagree with you on that. Personally I've always found stuff like settings with both magic and tech simply fascinating.

To me, hearing how many that doesn't like when the two are mixed like hearing complaints about how yucky cheese and ham tastes together in a sandwich.

I don't mind that difference in opinion, but how flipping common it seems to be just puzzles me.

2485668 Sorry for getting the Season wrong :derpytongue2: I changed it.

The answer is that we reverse engineered the potion from the conversion bearue and are now turning ponies into people. Except we use tranquilizer darts instead of potion bottles.

:twilightsmile:

And now, Twilight's History Lesson Of The Day:

Common sponges were used by the Greeks and a very early gas mask was invented in the 9th century AD in Iraq. The respirator can be traced back to Piny The Elder (23-79 AD), which used animal bladder skins to protect Roman workers in mines from red lead oxide dust.

Early plastics were derived from egg and blood proteins as organic polymers. Cattle horns were used for lantern windows, before being replaced with a concoction of milk and lye. Plastic technology accelerated rapidly in the 1800's. Synthetic plastics like Bakelite and Polyethylene have been around since the early 1900's.

Both modern gas masks and plastics ware have been around since the 1800's.

The first commercially available scuba diving air tank was the Aqua-Lung in 1942. Underwater breathing regulator's have been around since the 1860's in France.

This type of suit is totally plausible in the MLP universe. It would possibly be expensive as hell, costing many thousands of bits, but hey, Rarity is a seamstress and a business owner.

Eh, no biggie or a problem. Stuff like that happens, no need to apologize.

Or Humanity exists as a far off land from which Equestria imports its technology from.

Most ponies would have never seen a human, or even have suspected that their trains and synthetic materials had not been cooked up by the brains in Canterlot.

Would magic even work? Come to think of it wearing such a suit would completly shut down all of the pony's abilities.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19