The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau 5,462 members · 49,307 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33

So, there's a lot of negativity on this site nowadays, and it's been adversely affecting me, and many of my friends. :applejackunsure:

It's led a lot of people to leave, both those who cause the negativity, and those who don't. I understand that feeling, because I come onto here wanting to feel the thrill I used to... but instead it usually just gets me down. (Btw, I am not talking about people who ask for help about real problems to their close friends, or even post a blog to get support from their followers, but the people who post non-stop depressing drama blogs.)

But complaining and leaving isn't the way. I love this site, and I'm not leaving. Instead, I'm going to not let it get to me, I'm going to return this site to what made me love it in the first place, one blog at a time. :twilightsmile:

If everyone good leaves this site, then it will surely never improve, but if we work together to make it a happy, accepting and friendly place - as MLP would teach us, I believe we can change it. Of course there always be negativity - that's life. But what if when you when you went to the feed, the number of fun and happy, encouraging blogs far outnumbered the negative ones? It wouldn't be so bad.

I'm not saying people should pretend they don't have problems, or that others should ignore them, quite the opposite. We should help, but also remain happy. I believe, that if this site was a happier place, everyone would be happier, we'd be helping those with problems, without them ever asking.

People seem to like challenges... Okay, so I'm gonna start my own:

Make your bio something happy: It doesn't matter if it's just goofy, sweet or some encouraging quote or song lyrics, just make it happy. :yay: And also, to post at least one - if not more, happy blog a day. As with the bio it can be goofy, sweet or a quote or something. Start filling up the feed with joy. Engage more in the community, on threads and with the other users. And remain happy throughout. Even if things are going wrong, that doesn't mean you have to lay it on everyone else. If you create a happy environment, it'll naturally help you, and others, whereas a negative one just perpetuates the problem. Do this for the rest of July and August, at least to complete the challenge. (And then continue to make things better!)

I don't expect many people to take me up on this, I'm one person and can only do so much, but if any of you listen, spread the word. The Only Way to save this site, is for good, kind, loyal, honest, funny and generous people to stay and make this place somewhere where we all want to be. :rainbowkiss:

~by Rainbow FlutterDash

Im promoting this thread by Rainbow FluttterDash because they are right. We need to work together and make Fimfic a more welcoming and friendly environment for all users. New and old.

-Heartwick out!

5372669 I did accept the challenge.

Well that's going to be hard thx to people making issues out of stuff that no one even gives a pancake about.
I just complain about the drama and say something goofy.
Check out my blogs, at least one should make you laugh.
Maybe.

5372669 Some of us use our blogs strictly for story updates and I honestly don't think happy/silly blogs and a cute bios are going to make this a happier place. The way to get through this is to ignore the drama blogs. I honestly don't see any real change in atmosphere here but then again I do a lot of time writing, reading other authors' works and taking part in the extremely divisive forums in American Bronies. Compare those threads to the rest of the site, and it will feel like a happier place.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

the people who post non-stop depressing drama blogs.)

But complaining and leaving isn't the way.

This is why we have the option to unfollow users. :coolphoto:

I'm going to return this site to what made me love it in the first place, one blog at a time. :twilightsmile:

I so want to do this as well. So much negativity has been directed at me specifically, so I'm getting in on this. For starters, I have an anti-bullying thing on my profile page.

I also have an anti-brony campaign group, in which I strive to prove that this site should be more tolerant of non-bronies. Iy may appear to be for insane reasons, but the intention is to give bronies a taste of their own medicine to let them know how they're behaving. But because I'm being stalked by some user (look, he gave me a negative vote already), I had to hide the group from the public. Shall I send out invitations?

5372755 I'm willing to join. After all, I was an anti-brony for the longest time.

Well that's going to be hard thx to people making issues out of stuff that no one even gives a pancake about.

Bronies went there, guys. Bronies went there.

5372760 I'll send you an invite. I can't expose the group publicly without that stalker flooding it with negative votes. ...That's not necessarily the issue of course. The issue is that the stalker keeps doing it when I rebuild the threads and obviously has nothing better to do than just live and let live. The other issue is that the stalker gives me negative votes because they are Black Kyurem's threads. So the stalker also has issues with me as a person, it seems. Not good. Anyways, I'll get to sending you an invite ASAP.

Look, a negative vote. That means I am being stalked.

Okay, okay... some bronies went there. Making issues either out of pointless stuff or just unnecessarily, that is.

But then, that's pretty much what is happening on every site on the Internet! I find calling out to the herd to try to be more positive a very brony thing to do, and I heartily endorse it! There are enough threads out there providing drama for anyone so inclined, there should be threads offering peaceful meadows and cool grass to lay down in and just be nice ponies.

:twilightsmile:

5372755 > anti brony
> uses this site
LEL
Anti bronies need yo have their heads stove in.
5372669 Trixie must confess that she is an automaton powered by salt and vinegar.

We need to work together and make Fimfic a more welcoming and friendly environment for all users. New and old.

That is never going to happen, and for it to even work new rules would have to be put into place that would make people afraid to even talk about someone else. 'Drama' is everywhere, and there's nothing you can do to make it stop completely, sure you can end it temporarily, but it will just come back.

If you don't like it, don't participate, simple really.

5372949 You shame yourself, you racist.

5372964 Ye of little faith.

Well, here's my contribution: I just went ahead and sent someone I've never met before a nice PM. That didn't take long, and it felt pretty good. :twilightsmile: Sometimes the little things can still be very important.

5373175 Funny, I think we did have a Trump supporter on this site before he vowed to leave here forever and "let the trolls win". What a dick nut.

5372669 I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels like this.

5376825 Have you ever suffered?

5378149 I'm not sure I understand.

5378153 I mean have you been harassed, bashed, flamed, and such?

5378165 And I know exactly which user has given me the most hell, but I can't say here. But maybe he'll give me a negative vote for this comment anyway. And there it is. Typical.

One more thing. Should it be important to try and keep this thread active? Just for the sake of spreading the love around in light of all the hate floating around?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33