Silver Spoon 691 members · 489 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 52

I never even knew people thought she was homeless to begin with, I thought that was only with Scootaloo.:pinkiegasp:

Well, she lives with her own family, but her family still may live in Diamond Tiara's house. Maybe Randolph is her father, who knows.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Or, or or or, her family is actually very tiny and lives in her mane

An evil sorcerer changed her family into spoons. Let's go with that.

5318747 People thought Fluttershy was homeless... it would seem if a pony's parents aren't shown at some point peoplo start to assume too much.

5318766 People also thought Pinkie was estranged from her family or not on speaking terms with them, and that they were abusive, until canon showed that wasn't the point and that Pinkie still clearly communicates with them and that they love her very much.

I believe that Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara are neighbors,but that's just me.

5318825 Wouldn't surprise me if they are, it would explain why they became such close friends.

5318829 I also kind of think that Silver Spoon's and Tiara's parents forced them to be friend for "publicity reasons". And that's maybe why Tiara treats her badly.

5318879 With a mother liked Spoiled Rich, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

5318898 Yeah,I mean look at that face

5318741 I never thought that Silver Spoon was homeless, we just didn't see her family yet.

5318754 And for all we know, Plaid Stripes could've been wearing them near the ending of "Saddle Rec & Row."

5318936 One interesting theory could be that Diamond Tiara spends a lot of time with Spoon's family because of how dysfunctional hers is, or maybe she treats Spoon badly because of how well Spoon gets along with her parents.

5318822 There for a while, people thought that Fluttershy's parents were abusive too. Thankfully, that's not the case.

5318879 Honestly, I can't see that happening. Let's be honest. Silver Spoon looks like a total geek.

5318825 Yeah, I could see them being neighbors too. Ooh, and them playing together while in diapers. The mental image that sentence just sprang up is adorable!

Comment posted by Smitty91 deleted Jun 25th, 2016

5318898 Of course, maybe they are really true friends and we just don't see enough of that as all we saw of Diamond and Silver for while was their interactions with the Crusaders. And then there's that little rump bump thing Diamond and Silver do, kinda like Cadence and Twilight's little dance in some way.

5318958 Why is it half of the time people seem to assume if you don't see a pony's parents at all, they are either dead or abusive?

I really hope we see her family in a future episode.

5318986 Honestly, I don't know.

5318988 Yeah, I think that would be cool. They could be completely different from Tiara's parents. Given that Spoon is the nicer of the two, that could be as a result of her upbringing. While her family may be rich, they may have taught her not to hold it over ponies' heads and be considerate of others. They may not have liked Tiara much because they saw her as a bad influence on Silver Spoon. All of this fan speculation sure does sound like it'd make for a great fanfic.

5318998 I have this minor headcanon that Mayor Mare is Silver's mom, after all they both have silver manes and wear glasses. (Then again, the age difference between them may squash that. Mayor Mare seems to be in her fifties.)

It would be neat if one of the parents was a unicorn.

5318958 I wouldn't called DT's family is dysfunctional because we didn't see much of her life, yeah sure she got a abusive mother but her father seems cool.

Just my opinion I guess.

5319046 My personal opinion is that Filthy is one of those parents who actually believe that their daughter is perfect and can do no wrong until somepony gives them a wake-up call.

5319052 Filthy seem like the pony who can be easily take advantage of.

And now Silver wants them back...

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

5319012 I really like this headcanon. It kinda fits. As for the age difference, there's a lot of wiggle room with ponies (Pinkie's parents, for example, look to be in their fifties, but we have it from Applejack that they're "not nearly that old").

Also, Mayor Mare is not a natural gray, which means she's probably younger than she generally appears.

Of course, this does raise another headcanon wobble, which is that Mayor Mare evidently lives in a normal house and not the voluminous mansion that I like to imagine Silvy lives in. ^^

I blame Disney.

5319046 True. Her father does seem to treat her a lot better than her mother. For all we know, he may not even be aware of the fact that Diamond is getting abused at home.

5319052 If his actions in both "Family Appreciation Day" and "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" are anything to go by, I'd say that's false.

5319079 Yeah, that's believable. I mean, after all, Diamond Tiara does have her moments when she can be adorable. Just look at her smile on "Family Appreciation Day" or her and Spoon bouncing around in "Twilight Time."

5319120 Well, of course she does! That could make for a funny scene.
SPOON: *lifts spoon* Mommy, is that You? No. *throws spoon aside and picks up another one* Daddy? No, not you either. *looks at all of the spoons surrounding her and sighs*

And now someone must take the absolute piss out of this and write that Silver lives in a Mausoleum.

As for the Fluttershy thing, I just assumed that it was typical for Pegasai to take a very 'fly on your own now' approach where the children leave the nest and move fairly far afield after a relatively short period by our standards. They probably got their living expenses covered while they were in school but were largely expected to be self sufficient.

5319389 Can you imagine how Filthy's marriage with Spoiled be like?

5319492 Given that she's President of the school board and he's busy running his own business, I imagine they don't get to see much of each other, which could explain why Spoiled has been able to get away with her abuse.

5318741 So does TheBiggestJerk work on the show or something?

5319620 I think that was confirmed canon at the end of "A Hearth's Warming Tail" when neither Filthy or Spoiled Rich showed up to the Hearth's Warming party (then again, of the mane six the only possible family member in attendence was Rainbow Dash's father or brother, and of the crusaders only Sweetie Belle had her parents with her).

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

5319625 Yes, it's Jim Miller, one of the storyboardists/directors

Wait. People thought Silver was homeless? Had no idea.

I do remember reading a few stories where she lived with DT. And the Gameloft game seems to think that as well.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Neither of 'em showed up for Diamond's cutecenera, either!

Of course, Fithy Rich does show up for really important occasions, like to make her wear bunny costumes.

--Sweetie Belle

5319745 Ah, this makes sense now.

5319896 Granted, this was before they were introduced, but their absence could easily be explained away as both of them being busy at the time.

5319880 Yeah, same here. I didn't know people thought Silver Spoon was homeless. I can't buy that she and Diamond Tiara lived in the same house, as I'm sure she would've told somebody about Spoiled's abuse.

When the spoons talk back, it's time to start worrying...

5320018 We don't know for sure if they didn't show up, we didn't get to see the whole cutecenera. At the least Filthy Rich was responsible for making Diamond Tiara hire Pinkie Pie and throw the party at Sugarcube Corner.

5320171 :rainbowlaugh:

5320346 Which once again cements him as a rich pony with a good heart. It's very possible that Spoiled Rich was at the cute-ceanera. Go back and watch it with that in mind and suddenly, everything makes sense. For example, when Apple Bloom mentions how embarrassing it would be to have her show Diamond up at her own cute-ceanera, Diamond Tiara becomes visibly scared and nervous. Later, when all of the kids are paying attention to Apple Bloom, Diamond Tiara becomes visibly agitated. I've been wanting to write a Diamond Tiara weight gain fic set in this scene for a while now.

With the name of Silver Spoon, and what her character is supposed to represent, don't know how any one could possibly think she's homeless, or even living in a home of a family that wasn't hers.

5319012 Ponies looking alike and being related is the exception, rather than the rule. This is because artists pick colors for ponies who stand in proximity to each other so that the ponies look good together, yet still stand out from each other. Art/needs-of-the-medium trumps our version of genetics. And that means that both having silver manes would actually be an argument against them being related, rather than for. Seriously, the whole "look alike, so must be related" thing needs to go die in a chemical fire already. Canon shows us the opposite.

That said, as Hawthornbunny mentioned, Mayor Mare dyes her hair to look more distinguished, a fact that actually increases the likelihood of them being related.

Headcanon 1 about Silver Spoon's family (spoilers for my story, "Misplaced Silver": Silver Spoon is the only Earth Pony in a family of pegasi. This is part of the reason she is rude to Scootaloo: envy.

Headcanon 2: Silver Spoon is adopted and her adoptive mother is Cheerilee. Okay, unlikely, I grant you, but fun to think about, and isn't that the point of headcanons? (In this headcanon, her birth mother is Derpy).

Headcanon 3: Silver Spoon is the younger sister of Octavia. This seems to be a fairly popular idea.

5322138 You know, I can actually see that first headcanon as a viable theory.

5322138 I wasn't really aware of that Silver Spoon/Octavia headcanon until recently, but it would make a surprising amount of sense.

5322303 I've seen a few stories, can't remember which ones that use this but I was aware of it.

5322447 How long has that headcanon been around? I remember at least up until canon information about Pinkie's family surfaced, lots of people thought Octavia was related to Pinkie Pie (some even thinking she was one of the two sisters).

5322461 Now that's one I haven't heard...:rainbowhuh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 52