Momlestia 1,971 members · 528 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Now trust me when I say I heard both very, very impressive sides of the view as either Celestia, the ruler of Equestria and Goddess of the sun as the small dragon's mother and the nerdy, worry wart unicorn that may not even know how to brush her damn tail if not for a book, Twilight Sparkle as being his mother *shivers*

But since I enjoy earning the options of others, tell me your view on the subject if you please.

And trust me when I say that personally if you're reading a story of mine it will have an older Spike, Derpy Hooves, smoking cigarettes, maybe Hayweed, drinking and swearing.....though only four of those are for damn sure going to be used, one thing you can bet your ass on is that Celestia will ALWAYS be seen as Spike's adopted mother in my stories, period.:ajsmug:

Now...thoughts?

Mrs. Faust has said that she thinks that Celestia helped raise Spike, though her words are not canon I do follow to them to a point and agree with her on that. Twilight was too young to raise Spike, and being a dragon it stands to reason that the Sparkles are not equipped to raise him. So who better than somepony who knows dragons, and somepony who would be a good role model.

2349373 I very much agree with your words and your option, thank you:yay: And yes, she did say that I'm very glad she did:twilightsmile:

Lauren Faust may have said that, but she never showed it. Even back when Lauren was in charge of the episodes, the two never even gave each other the time of day.

"Show don't tell", same problem with Shining Armor being a "good" big brother, or Sombra...doing anything

2349350 2349373 Yeah Celestia as adoptive mum for sure. After seeing how Twilight just sort of ignores how the poor guy gets hurt (usually through her own neglect) I can't see him seeing Twilight as his mum after that, it's just a little too horrifying. So Celestia with a small side of Cadance since she babysat twilight and likely helped her out with Spike at times once he was turned over to his care.
:moustache:

I do believe the most logical option for Spike to have been raised was by Celestia. As he is now, he is perfectly capable to fit in the pony society, and yet we've seen how dangerous he can be still. I can only imagine how dangerous is too raise a baby dragon if done wrong. Celestia's magic, knowledge and resources are perfect to raise a baby dragon to the point where Spike is now.

However, I've always have a second theory, maybe Spike was really just a baby and wasn't that hard to raise, in which case my vote goes for Twilight Velvet being his mother figure; with only some advise from Celestia.

The way Spike acts in front of Celestia in Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1 makes me consider my second guess as closer to whatever canon DHX is using. I just hope they don't go and say Twilight Sparkle raised him because that makes no sense. Twilight was too young when she met Spike, and the interactions we've seen in the show reminds me of a sibling relationship, one in which the older sibling acts as a role model and authority, yes, but still just siblings.

I'm still holding out for the show to explain just how the fuck ponies got ahold of Spike's egg. sure Celly might have helped raise him, but did they steal the egg in the first place? was it abandoned?

I wait to see.

2349350 Also, i would mention that, in my stories, Celestia raising spike holds a great amount of significance in a story of mine.

About 12 years before FIM, there was a pony settlement to the north, there, durring one dragon migration, a detachment broke off and decided to settle there, using the town resources for their nests. The response was bloody, equestrian armed forces responded to rescue the civilians. Hundreds of soldiers lost their lives in the conflict. Eventually, the Princess herself had to intervene in the conflict, the first time she had to do so since the foundation of the standard army.

Long story short, ponies and dragons don't get along well, so when Celestia was found the egg and eventually adopted Spike , it was a step forward to changing the perspective of the public on the primarily anarchistic and violent dragons.

However, I've always have a second theory, maybe Spike was really just a baby and wasn't that hard to raise, in which case my vote goes for Twilight Velvet being his mother figure; with only some advise from Celestia.

I've always liked this idea. Frankly, I see Twilight as more the older sister who takes her younger sibling completely for granted and doesn't really take care of him as she should. Though, i still do like mother-son Twilight-Spike stories. I just prefer sibling ones, because they fit considerably better and are less AU.

I totally see Tia as Spike's mother. it would make sense that she would adopt him as Twi was way too young to be given an infant dragon. Even if it was Celestia's intention to make Spike her assistant all along the filly would have been too distracted with her education to try and raise Spike. Plus I think she would have taken the opportunity to have that close bond shared between a mother and child seeing as she apparently has no children of her own. She might love the ponies of Equestria like her children but it's not the same as having the special bond between a parent and child.:trollestia: Plus... hail prince Spike :moustache:

Twilight is not in any way Spike's mother and never could be considered so. Spike in cannon said "you're not mom" to Twilight directly. The way they treat each other constantly is prime proof that they don't share that bond. Spike takes care of Twilight just as much, if not more so than the reverse (chef Spike for example :trixieshiftright:)

2349350 Spike will always and forever be the adopted son of Celestia!!!!!!

2349350 While not In the show, its an adorable idea and I love all of those stories! I just wish there were more of them.:ajsleepy: and maybe some that aren't one-shots too? Like some with a full story.

2351372 Very glad to hear such, my story Crystal Savior has a LOT of Spike/Celestia mother and son moments:yay: Thought is it a Spilight....so...yeah:facehoof:

2350800 There we go:pinkiehappy:

2350625 Gods damn, I have to give that story a read, sounds amazing:ajsmug:2349798 That is a very fair point, my friend:pinkiegasp:

2350684 And this is why I can tell you are going to be a very available asset to the Spilight Army:rainbowlaugh:

2351745 yes. Just no Spike/Celestia fics. It makes the Momlestia stuff.....weird.

2351754 Why thank you. :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile: I hope to not disappoint.

Twilight couldn't have raised Spike, she was too young, but I suppose they played together and created a sister/brother bond. However Celestia have to rule Equestria and teach Twilight how to use her magic, so I don't think she had the time to raise a dragon and be a mother (and, as you said it previously, the show prove nothing and the only interaction we have between them is the letter Celestia send to Spike in the episode with Gilda)...she certainly helped Spike with his magical abilities, like the fire, but the Sparkle family is a better option: after sometime passed in a special nursery, in the castle, Spike was adopted by them and followed Twilight when she was at the castle or at home. But of course it's just my headcanon

2349350 I always love a Momlestia where Spike is the son...... I do hope MLP makes a scene as that..... Spike being raised by a Goddess and Twilight being babysit by another just adds awesomeness and flavor to the characters like how a hero has a blood line of heroes and well you get the idea.
2349798 Twilight :twilightsmile:: Baby sited by the the Goddess of Love
Spike:moustache:: Raised by the Goddess of the Son:trollestia:........ Awesome isn't?

Vexy #21 · Dec 10th, 2013 · · 2 ·

I think Twilight played a very prominent role in raising Spike. While I do not believe she raised him by herself, I think she did much more than Celestia.

2349350 I believe Spike said Twilight was like a sister to him in the show. If I'm wrong then oh well, but I think Celestia is his adopted mother either way. :twilightsmile:

2353630 I don't remember him saying she was like a sister but he did call her 'sister' in one episode. I think he also said it to AJ too in another one. For instance I believe his exact words were, "now you're talkin' sister"

2356736 Well either way, Celestia is his mommy. :rainbowkiss:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25