Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
vren55
Group Admin

Hello everybrony and pegasister, I have mentioned this before, and I shall mention it again, our group and the stories within it have increased dramatically in the few weeks we have founded this group. Now some people have suggested more folders based on genre and frankly, your admins and founders agrees with you.

However, I'm afraid that due to the massive notification spam that happened the last time we admins helped you to organize said stories into folders... we're going to have to ask you people to organize your stories according to the correct folders.

FAQ
Can I put my story in more than one folder?
Put your story in all folders that apply, which means more than one if you have multiple tags.
Must I remove them from the original folder?
If that folder applied to your story, no.
How do I put my story in a folder?
Go to your story. At the bottom there is an Add to Group button, click on it, click Authors Helping Authors, click on correct folder, you will get notification that says your story has been added to the said folder.

That's all for now!

Sincerely,
vren55

P.S. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOURSELVES, YOUR ADMINS WILL BE FORCED TO ORGANIZE THIS FOR YOU, WHICH WILL MEAN NOTIFICATION SPAM!!!

Oh god, my notifcations are about to go crazy... oh wait, they already have! :ajbemused:

I think I will be ignoring my notifications for a while...

TMH

If this was suppose to circumvent the notification spam, then it didn't work.
Oh well.

Carry On

And that is why I disabled notifications from this group when a new story is being added. It is rather easy to do under the setting tabs.

oh god the notifications

I will add my story later, because I don't wanna make somebody heartbreak after seeing 257 notifications... :D

Thank you! I have a horrible mind for simple solutions...

I'm just sitting back and watching my notification count go nuts.
83 notifications at time of posting and rising.

vren55
Group Admin

Well looks like that didn't work... at all...

Nooooooootificaaaaaaaaatiooooooonssss

Well remember that there is made folders for each theme, that will say that each story is going to be added to 3-5 folders after all, that makes a lot of notifications no matter what.

And all, be just happy that you ainĀ“t in the Fo:E group, not long ago did we move 217 stories into at least 2 new folders each, that meant over 400 notifications on a single week

vren55
Group Admin

OH, so THIS is why, after coming home from 4 hours of dental surgery, I had 300 notifications! Well, glad to see that I was only unconscious for 4 hours, and not for an undeterminable amount of time! (As I had originally feared)

What? We reformed the group and got lovely folders out of it :derpytongue2:

My advise is just to make a little info to the users about there is going to be made new folders, the day before they are being made, because there is always someone that want to move first. That would give people time to turn of the notifications the next time. But I do not think there is going to be a next time as such, there is not so many new folders that can be added... There is just going to be about 4-5 notifications for each new story in here with this system :rainbowlaugh:

TMH

Final notification count: 200+
Well, I don't THINK I'm deaf, but I could be wrong.

Carry On

So this is why I got 208 notifications! :rainbowlaugh:

There is 82 stories in the main folder... so yea 200 does not sounds so much of, although there is a lot of people that love those tags at the top= stories that ends in a lot of folders

With my number of groups, even if I'm gone for 24 hours, I have more than 300 notifications.

633817 Just a thought, but I think we should have folders based on the number of views a story has gotten, if only for the less noticed fics. While everyone has different levels and styles of writing, and the more well written stories are generally noticed more, I have come across many excellent fics that are just not getting any views, listing Genesis by Helrael as an example. I feel that if we had folders for fics with say, less than 1500 , 1000, or 500 views, these fics could get a bit more advertised, and the authors would get the appropriate credit for the amount of effort they've put into their works.

vren55
Group Admin

654989 a good in fact, this is an excellent idea. But the major problem is how to regulate such a folder system. We admins are worried people will abuse the folders if they are sorted that way. This is why we have a featured selection that has one story chosen based on excellence and another chosen based on LOW ratings. That way we address both groups.

Still I admire your idea and if you have any further suggestions feel free to pm either myself or any of the admins.

Sincerely
Vren55

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21