Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,590 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Hi, I just wrote my first fanfic ever, and so I begged for opinions from my friends. All I got was "It was cool", "really good" and I even got a few that thought it was awesome :pinkiehappy:. BUT this doesn't help me in any way, :twilightoops: I really need some coldhearted stranger to read it, release the kracken of criticism , and tell me how I can make it better :pinkiehappy: I will take the time to read your story and help you as much as I can, in anyway I can :twilightsmile: Pinkie promise :pinkiehappy:

Just left a comment on it for you on while reading the first chapter and what I believe could benefit you from editing a bit and try avoiding in the future.

arandompenguin
Group Admin

1714626 Please note that the main concept of this group is that you, as an author in need of feedback, goes out and reviews someone else in the group's story. In return, they must review yours. You can even note at the end of your review for them that you wish for a more blunt opinion of your fic, if you would like.

1714719 that is exactly what I have been doing, I Pinkie Promised :pinkiecrazy: But I see your point :twilightsmile:
Also,1714694 is there any specific story you would like me to read and help you with? :pinkiehappy:

I need feedback on my story; 'You Are Special'

It's mostly gotten upvotes, but there are also five downvotes-but, none of those guys bothered to tell me what exactly was wrong with it and needed to be fixed specifically-just one that said it was a puddle of 'brain barf'.

I am more than happy to help:pinkiehappy:

I also left a comment.

Review for others first.

Now, if you want to get feedback from high quality critics, then go take a look at WRITE, the best and quickest critic group on the site.

I intend to read that one, but for now, it's buried under my Read Later list. I'll leave some feedback when I get to it.

Even though you only have one story, most people appreciate you including a link. It's a small thing, sure, but it saves everyone a few clicks.

1714781 I considered it, but honestly, Im afraid they would beat me down with so much criticism that I would never dare touch a computer again :twilightoops: and i will keep that in mind :twilightsheepish: i haven't quite yet understood how this group works yet :twilightblush:

1714763 and once again thank you for the honesty :ajsmug: :pinkiehappy:

Ask for Scribblestick; he's a very friendly reviewer.

thank you, your help means the world to me :pinkiehappy: :moustache:

and 1714795 here's the link :twilightblush: :pinkiehappy:The Lunatic

Thanks! I prefer to read completed stories, so I just added it to my Read Later for now. Once I read it, I will leave a comment (or maybe more, since there are chapters) detailing what I thought.

I'll give ye a detailed review when I get home today as long as you review my story Stories :V

I really need some coldhearted stranger to read it, release the kracken of criticism

You don't want that.
If you were to get that, you would get ALOT of people spamming your stories with "It was terrible. Disliked."

Nah, no need to worry. WRITE has strict guidelines to help make sure that the reviews posted under our banner are as constructive and helpful as possible, without sugar-coating anything.

If we see something wrong, we'll tell you. But we'll also tell you why it's wrong, and how to avoid it in future :twilightsmile:

1727333 Thank you:pinkiehappy: I think i'll give it a chance :yay:.... someday :twilightblush:

1718853 well i was lucky then :twilightoops: I didn't really get any spam or hate (yet):fluttershysad: but before all the criticism I got was drenched in sugar and semi-lies :pinkiegasp: thank you all for helping :moustache::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: If you want to I can read your stories and help you if you tell me which ones :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18