Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,595 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
vren55
Group Admin

600 Member Celebration Official Links and Master Rules and Regulations

WELCOME TO THE Authors Helping Authors 600 Member Games! We are organizing 5 events for you lovely members to gawk at, laugh at and participate in!

First a thank you to all who helped in the AHA What shall we do next thread I posted earlier here. Go and PM or comment on their user pages to say thanks.

1. Authors Helping Authors Reviewer Contest (thanks Vikinga Rainbowdottir for inspiring me to do this). Each story review counts as one review point and whoever reviews the most stories properly (basically more than 2 sentences for each pro and con and 5 for the Notes Section) gets to have their story of choice and their name on the front page of the group as well as ‘Contributor’ status. The contest starts now and ends on September 1st.

BONUS: Stories that haven't been reviewed and you are the first to review them will give you three points! (vren55 pats himself on the back, "Tell me I'm awesome." Hint: look at the clop or dark folders.)

Before midnight September 1 CST, each participant must post a comment/report on THIS THREAD in THE BELOW FORMAT:

Name of Reviewer:
Stories reviewed:
• 1 point Name of story linked to story
• 3 points Name of story linked to story FIRST REVIEW
• 3 points Name of story linked to story FIRST REVIEW
Total Reviewer points: 9

2. Authors Helping Authors Campfire Nights (thanks Vikinga Rainbowdottir) . A slice of life event that might not need to end . Everybody takes the roles of their favorite OCs and joins together in a campfire discussion in which we tell each other scary stories, truth and dare, get to know about each other, discuss stories and help each other out in general. In order to split members up, we have each admin heading different categories. Group members can jump in or out or participate in multiple fires, but should stay in their OCs character. Note: ALL FORUM THREADS WITHOUT EXCEPTION ARE TO REMAIN TEEN IN RATING, THAT MEANS NO SAUCY IMAGES.

Twilight Sparkle’s Fanfiction Discussion to be overseen by vren55

Recommend your favorite stories (your own included) here or ask for any help with any characters or pesky plot details.

Rarity’s Design an Alicorn OC to be overseen by Kolywnia

Alicorn OCs are sues? Really... join this campfire to find a way to design an alicorn OC, that is not a Mary Sue. Or even share your own alicorn OCs. Who knows? Perhaps the alicorn OC you create here will be the star of some AWESOME STORY

Rainbow Dash’s Scary Stories to be overseen by Inky Jay

Wanna scare the pants off off of your fellow users? Perhaps give them nightmares of the headless horse? Want to tell the backstory of the ‘Olden Pony? Get over here.

Applejack’s Truths and Campfire Music to be overseen by arandompenguin

Ask each other the most awkward or embarrassing questions in existence. Maybe your most unpleasant or just weird experiences on Fimfiction. Please keep it civil though. With every awkward question, the person asking has to provide an epic piece of music (remixes included, and please choose music tracks with less crass words).

Fluttershy’s Heart to Heart to be overseen by Hingard

Share your touching, experiences and stories on fimfiction and in real life, maybe you met your partner? Your first fan? Perhaps you need comfort. Join us here.

Pinkie Pie’s Party Time to be overseen by vren55
Memes? Party cannons? Random? Jokes? Or just stuff so weird and crazy you have to share it? WELCOME!

There’s a campfire for everyone!

3. Inter-admin competition, Admin Shipping Stories Late at Night. Each admin has to write a shipping story that involves a main or minor character. What's more, they have to write it at after 11 pm their time zone, and no revisions can be made. Once completed, we will post the stories in a forum post and whoever’s story is upvoted the most by members will win the competition. This competition will be due August 12

4. AHA COLLABS
With another AHA member, write a one-shot according to the following prompts:

1. Twilight learns how to use her earth pony skills.

2. A mane six is dropped into one of the admin's houses. What happens? (may want to refer to admin interviews link here (will post link later))

3. Write the backstory for our AHA OC, Word Weaver.

Post your story entries on the forum post that will be put up, in this format before Midnight August 17 CST:
Name of authors:
Prompt Number: (1, 2 or 3)
Link to story
Notes:

Criteria:
Admins will read the entries and decide based on:
• Relevance to chosen prompt
• Ingenuity/originality
• Technical skills
• Coherence (plot flows well?)

5. Logo/Badges contest, get on your paints or your whatever you use and design for us AHA member logos to wear proudly on your accounts. Winner gets promoted to 'Contributor' and has his/her design used for all AHA members. Logos design must need/judged upon:

1. AHA name or acronym somewhere upon the logo

2. Artists must submit 3 different designs, one for admins, contributors and regular members

3. AHA OC upon logo

4. How the logo represents our group

5. Aesthetic appeal

6. Admin's word is final, but all entries will be displayed.

Post designs on a forum thread that will be put up in this format before Midnight September 1:
Name of artist:
Admin badge: (image)
Contributor badge: (image)
Member badge: (image)

LET THE AHA GAMES BEGIN

Sincerely,
vren55

1398361 :fluttercry: that's kinda mean, you didn't even credit me for my idea... :fluttercry:

vren55
Group Admin

1398438 !!!! Sorry bout that I thought being able to participate was good enough Forgive me. Which idea did you submit again :fluttershysad:

PLEASE JOIN IN THE FUN!

1398500 The whole campfire rp thing, though it was a sleep over, but the scary story telling, and the Truth or Dare were my idea. It really hurts that you don't even remember! Go back to the thread asking for ideas and Look!

vren55
Group Admin

1398529 I'm REALLY sorry. I just remembered and it was quite inexcusable of me to not credit you for helping.

:fluttercry:

1398547 O-okay :pinkiesmile:/:fluttercry: ((I'm on the phone and have to do these from memory))

vren55
Group Admin

1398574 check now?

1398547 *hugs* thanks, And I'm sorry for my being rude like this. It was rude and I've just had a pretty horrible night.

vren55
Group Admin

1398709 Its alright, I hope I have made it even slightly better :twilightsmile:

1398711 yeah you did. Mind if I tell you why my night was so had and cry on your shoulder?

vren55
Group Admin

1398723 The fluttershy's heart to heart is right there for you and you can tell me there.

1398754 Not tonight, I'm physically tired from this mess I'm in. Sorry.

vren55
Group Admin

1398765 Take your time. Have a sleep and you'll feel better in the morning.

*walks in slowly with a baseball bat*
Who threw this brick with a note saying "Join the Fun" with a link to this place at my window?
Because I have a gift for them!
A BRAND NEW BASEBALL BAT!

Hip Hip Hooray for 600 members! :twilightsmile:

contest starts now and ends... tommorow.
Damnit!

vren55
Group Admin

1401891 :facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof: sorry my bad. It's SEPTEMBER 1st!

Hingard
Group Admin

1398361 Don't forget you can also check out the I Haven't Gotten Three Reviews Yet Thread for stories as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18