Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
vren55
Group Admin

So yeah I made a mistake when I wrote the AHA Reviewer Contest and none of my admins caught my mistake. It ends on SEPTEMBER 1st. Please submit your record of stories reviewed here. The Judging panel will consist of non-participant admins and non-participating members that will be chosen by admins.

Refresher of the Rules:

Authors Helping Authors Reviewer Contest (thanks Vikinga Rainbowdottir for inspiring me to do this). Each story review counts as one review point and whoever reviews the most stories properly (basically more than 3 sentences for each pro and con and 10 for the Notes Section) gets to have their story of choice and their name on the front page of the group as well as ‘Contributor’ status. The contest starts now and ends on September 1st.

BONUS: Stories that haven't been reviewed and you are the first to review them will give you three points! (vren55 pats himself on the back, "Tell me I'm awesome." Hint: look at the clop or dark folders.)

Before midnight September 1 CST, each participant must post a comment on a ‘to be put up forum thread’ in this format:

Name of Reviewer:
Stories reviewed:
• 1 point Name of story linked to story
• 3 points Name of story linked to story FIRST REVIEW
• 3 points Name of story linked to story FIRST REVIEW
Total Reviewer points: 9

Is this a list of every story you have reviewed EVER, or just the ones you do between now and the first?

1404263 A review really worth reading can take a half hour to an hour each... it'll kind of suck for the folks that only manage 30 reviews in that time because of work and school and such being beaten by someone that did like....300 fairly half-assed ones =/ I think quality needs to be added for judgement, not just a number.

Just my opinion, though. Good luck with the game :)

This looks like fun. I'll try to get some more reviewing in.

vren55
Group Admin

1404355 That's why I put in the sentence limits. Also, admins/judges have the right to call it out if the review is half assed

1404263 Would join if I wasn't prereading for several stories already. Also I'm about to start working o the latest chapter.

1405556 My point is that

basically more than 2 sentences for each pro and con and 5 for the Notes Section

would qualify as half assed to me, if it wasn't much more than that. I DID read your post, and saw your guidelines, which is what I was responding to in the first place.

vren55
Group Admin

140748 Hmm... I'll edit. Better?

1404263 So where is the thread where we're supposed to put the reviews we've done up? Because I can't find it. Though that may be because I am really horrible at finding things. :twilightblush:

1404263 Oh, and another thing, I'm reviewing a story, but it already has a review, however, it is not an AHA (Authors Helping Authors) review, so does my review still count as first review still because it would be the first review from a member of AHA given to it? If not, I can see why.

vren55
Group Admin

1517076 AHA reviews only so yeah first review.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12