Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,652 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
vren55
Group Admin

Share your touching, experiences and stories on fimfiction and in real life, maybe you met your partner? Your first fan? Perhaps you need comfort. Join us here.

Rules:
1. Keep it civil, no slurs, no saucy images, no insults. "If you test me, you will fail." - Hikaru Sulu
2. Remember, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. This is the internet after all.
3. Remember, when you are sharing, this the internet. Anything shared here will be for all to see, so while I hope the people in this forum will not be jerks and laugh at you or jeer, please use your own judgement.
4. Do NOT make fun of people's teary moments:fluttercry:! Any violation of this rule will be judged and taken down by admin in charge :flutterrage:, in this case Hingard
4. Have fun!

The first time that I helped someone get over an issue in life.
I saw one of those comments on Youtube that was a I've lost all hope comment so I decided to reply with a happy comment filled with hope and the person replied saying how much my comment had helped. :pinkiesad2: I can't think of a better feeling than that of making one feel loved in this world.

vren55
Group Admin

"The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31

I don't get the reference if there is one :twilightsheepish:

vren55
Group Admin

Oh :twilightsheepish: Yeah I'm an atheist so I've never so much as touched a bible.

vren55
Group Admin

1398775 i nearly facepalmed, but seeing you're an atheist, Ill let it slide.

I still remember how my bro got into a fight. He went to sleep, but I needed to head out. Before I left, I went into our room, and saw he had the aircon on, but the blanket thrown beside him.

I placed my grudges aside, and I draped the blanket over him. Then I left.

Ahhh~ -self praise-

No moment has made me feel better than this one moment a few weeks back. I was strolling around town, thinking to kill some time, and possibly gorge myself - I'd been eating less than I'd have liked for some time. Mostly a cup of coffee per lunch. Damn fees...

Anyway, I strolled around a bit more, and on my way to the class I had that day, this little old lady asked me if I could spare some change for her food. I don't know what made me do it, and I certainly got a little mad at myself for doing it because it meant I couldn't eat lunch that day, but I took her to a nearby cafeteria, and got her lunch.

I went hungry that day, but I went hungry feeling proud.

1398766 This verse, along with the verses before it are from the Bible.

Jesus Christ was asked by some Pharisees (those Jewish religious leaders back in the 1st century AD who had Jesus killed) bout what was the greatest commandment. There are 10 Commandments from Exodus 20 (the Law of Moses), like "Thou Shall not have any gods before me" and "Thou shall not murder".

The first 5 Commandments are about how we are to relate to God (Jehovah): We are to not put other gods before God, and not to make idols of anything. We are to honor our mother and father, not take the Lord's name in Vain, and Honor the Sabbath (a holy day of rest, like Sunday is considered the Lord's Day to Christians).

The last 5 Commandments are about how humans are to relate to one another. No stealing, no murder, no coveting (desiring something that belongs to someone else), no bearing false witness against our neighbor).

So, the verse reads, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your mind, body, soul, and spirit; this is the first Greatest commandment, and the second is like it; you shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Of course, the group who heard this asked, "Who is our Neighbor?" Then the story of the Good Samaritan was given.

vren55
Group Admin

1399706 and there you have it :pinkiehappy:

Speaking of a good experience... when I was far younger and my sister and I still believed in the tooth fairy, we were going to bed one night. Now here tooth fell out a few days ago... problem was... nobody had seem to come and give us money.

So I took some money from my piggy bank and slid it under her pillow while she was asleep... my parents caught me doing this LOL, but my sister never found out until when we got much older. and she was darn happy when she woke up that morning.

:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Hingard
Group Admin

1400514 That's a great story Vren. :pinkiehappy:

1398332>>1398462>>1399073>>1399443>>1399706>>1401371 Okay, let's see, touching experience or story...I don't really have many. My life, for the most part, has actually been hell. In elementary school I was bullied by every other student, their parents who called me fat along with other names, and some of my teachers who told me, and I quote, "You're never going to get anywhere, so you might as well give up now." It was a dark time for me.

Thought of committing suicide every day, even put a pair of scissors to my heart a couple of times. The only moments I had to escape from the cruel world I lived in was when I went to a mountain cabin with no access to the technological world. Even then it only made it harder to come back and go through that hell again. I could have easily left the school, but I didn't because of a friend I had there who was going through a smaller level of hell, and I knew if I left he would just have to live through the stuff I had to every day.

So I stayed and hung out with him, playing Pokemon or Digimon on my DS or GameBoy. But still, it was so horrible. I was yelled and mocked at for many things, like forgetting to pick up my mail at the end of the day or not getting a C in any of my subjects during grade six (a C in grade six was 80%, anyone who didn't get a C would have to do a bunch of degrading tasks). Eventually though it ended when I got into junior high and learned that everything they said was a bunch of lies. Started getting pretty good marks in all my classes and got myself a bunch of friends, but I was still angry and carried that anger from that elementary school for two years after I left.

Then one day during the summer before I would head into grade nine my big brother forced me to watch an episode of My Little Pony with him, and I fell in love with it. I became in love with the characters, the plot, the teachings and meaning of the show, I fell in love with everything, and I felt my anger slowly wither away until I didn't have any anger any more. I was able to move on from my past and able to enjoy my life as it is, heck, I even found out what I wanted to do when I became a brony, become a writer. And now because of that one thing, my life couldn't get better. Well, maybe if I got a book published. But I don't think that's going to happen for a while.

Hingard
Group Admin

1440571 Well I must say that was quite the story, I'm glad you were able to persevere through your young trials and you came out stronger. That last part I must say mirrors my life is some ways. For a long time I carried an intense and persistent anger for much of my life. Though Instead of MLP (religion bit is next) I found relief though giving my life to christ. I'm glad you shared a little bit about your struggles.

:fluttercry:*Fluttershy gives you a hug* :fluttercry:

And to those who bullied you :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

P.S. thanks for helping to bring a little bit of life to some of these campfires. They almost went out.

:raritycry: Why is it that people bully such innocent people? (me included) :fluttercry:
Do you want a hug?

:raritycry: Why is it that people bully such innocent people? (me included) :fluttercry:
Do you want a hug?

1440659 Well I'm glad we went through some of the same experiences. And my life may have been a struggle, but it turns out I won. The Fluttershy hug is much appreciated, and to be honest, I don't really care about those who bullied me anymore. What's the point of moving forwards if you're too busy looking from where you came?

Also, I'm always around with some more timber for the fires.

1440727 The hug is much appreciated, though I've learned to move on from the bullying and take the knowledge from those experiences, why people bully those who've done them no harm is an enigma to me though. It could be because they were or have been bullied themselves, it could be because they want to look cool and be someone they're not, or it could be because they find it humorous and give in to the monster inside.

I'm also sorry to hear you're/you've been bullied too. :fluttercry:

*Hugs*
There came a point where a bully would say something and I would respond "Please tell me you have something better than that." They don't notice that they aren't gaining anything other than everyone thinking they are terrible people and I got popular for it and now I'm loved in the school.

1440959 That is awesome that you were able to do that. You deserve a brohoof and mustaches for that. :moustache::moustache::moustache: /)

Hingard
Group Admin

1440988 Okay where did you find that?

1441089 I just searched up brohoof on google search and it came up in images so I used it. :pinkiehappy:

I dragged my fist along my screen to get a brohoof from each of the mane six :rainbowlaugh: That is awesome!

1441402 I know right! I'm so glad I found that now! :pinkiehappy:

im so glad i hopped onto this fandom. Christ and MLP helped me way more than I thought. Honestly, give both a try. You'll never know until 2 months in :3

1443633 You are not the only one in that boat. This fandom has been the greatest thing ever to happen to me, and since we are talking about my life it makes sense. Ever since becoming a brony my grades have sky rocketed, I have found out what I want to do in life, and I was able to let go of all the anger I had. :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26