Villains of Equestria 1,811 members · 3,434 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

How would you fix your least favorite My Little Pony villain, or at least a My Little Pony villain that you don't love?

Establish Nightmare Moon as a separate entity from Luna. I thought she had a lot of potential as a villain, and I was a bit sad when she only reappeared as either a dream or as a future timeline in thee last seasons. I wanted the series to end the same way it began, with the Mane 6 teaming up to defeat Nightmare Moon.

Blueblood was faking it. Turns out he was the Prince that made the love poison and gave it to the princess he loved who he’d turned her into Chrysalis. He blames himself for cursing her and secretly works as a guardian of Equestria. What we saw at the Gala was his “Bruce Wayne.”

Right? I would've loved to have seen Nightmare Moon make a reappearance (the comics don't count). I'm in the middle of a Nightmare story actually where she returns and the Main Six have to deal with her.

That...would've been interesting, actually. Not the route I would've gone but that's kind of brilliant.

Been in my wheelhouse for some time. But not really fully story worthy

Why not? If you wrote it, I'd read it

I don't hate Cozy Glow per se, but I think it would have been more interesting if it turned out she was the Equestrian version of a midget, or a criminal from eons ago that used and artifact to make herself young, but this also halted her aging.

Also, make Grogar and ACTUAL villain instead of just Discord in disguise.

I would have made Sombra more of a patient and tactical mastermind, Pony of Shadows and Nightmare be their own symbiotic entities, have Starlight get a better backstory, and either flesh out Cozy Glow's backstory or peg her with a Baby Doll situation

Oh, and I'm with Alphamon: Make Grogar a villain and not a disguise

I'd have simply not made Cozy Glow a villain at all and have her learn friendship form Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to give those two a proper arc again.

Conversely, I would've made Neighsay into an actual villain working with Tirek and Chrysalis behind everyone's back. He's not exactly my favorite, but he had loads of potential that went unused.

7358305 Cozy Glow doesn't actually exist, she's just a persona Queen Chrysalis invented to take down Twilight's School of Friendship from within, hence her reaching out to the likes of Flim and Flam, Tirek and Chancellor Neighsay (she was hoping each of them would help her achieve her goal).

I would have made Nightmare Moon be the season 1 finale villain rather than the premiere villain. You would see the Mare in Moon in the background throughout the season, but gotten no explanation for it until the finale, where boom, she descends and try to take over Canterlot and usurp Celestia to bring forth her eternal night.

However, when she does meet Celestia, Nightmare Moon surprises everyone by calling her 'sister'...which the audience wouldn't know at this point, and Celestia would plead to see reason and become Princess Luna again. But of course, Nightmare Moon wouldn't listen, so instead Celestia sends Twilight and her friends to find the Elements of Harmony...which they would only know be able to use since they'd spent the last season learning to be true friends, thus making them worthy of using them.

As a villain, I thought Nightmare Moon was a good idea but completely wasted by using her as the starter villain, and have her defeated before we've even learned to memorise the Mane Six's names. So this idea would give her a bit more screentime and focus.

Also, I would give Nightmare Moon a bit more of a personality instead of just being a bunch of villain cliches. I mean, perhaps she could speak in that strange Shakespearian english Luna spoke in 'Luna Eclipse', maybe she could be more bitter and resentful instead of just making evil laughs all the time. Heck, perhaps she could remain creepily calm and collected most of the time, so she could at least feel different from Chrysalis.

Cozy Glow working with her uncle Neighsay to bring down the school because she idolizes him the same way Twilight idolizes Celestia.

Well, for starters, I would not have redeemed Starlight Glimmer.

Why not redeem Starlight Glimmer?

Because, ever since her redemption, she came off as a Twilight knock-off to me. That and her redemption was unearned.

I would have done something where strange things happened slowly over the course of Season 2 and have Celestia and Luna worrying about it.

Ultimately revealing Discord as the final Season villain. Himself being sealed away in the chaos dimension by the elements, explaining why the sisters couldn't just kill him before he broke out again.

Then I would've pulled back on the gags and found a way to limit his powers, so there would be a actual conflict we could feel tension over, instead of Discord simply driving around the Main Six's bodies.

I'm partial to the idea that he tempts Pinkie Pie to his side with the promise of endless fun, and her friends need to convince her to rejoin them, but that's just me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18