The Dreamers 279 members · 490 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
bookplayer
Group Admin

This thread is for introductions, and talking about introductions others posted before you. Post whatever you want about yourself, and ask questions of other people, or just let them know you're pleased to meet them.

To start with, I'm your hostess, bookplayer.

My name is Emily, and I found MLP:FiM last April, after I completed my first novel. I had heard about it the year before, but I had to focus on getting my book written, so I didn't check it out until I was done. It's a good thing too, because I love writing fanfic, and never would have finished my book otherwise.

I like Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle and Scootaloo. I write a lot of shipping stories, I ship AppleDash, TwiJack, aged up ScootaDash, and I recently wrote a fic that's Daring Do x Zecora, which will be published soon, so I'm shipping that too. (DaringCora.)

Oh, and for the record, this whole "dreamer" thing comes from the old table top role-playing game "Changeling: The Dreaming," where dreamers are the normal people whose magic and creativity keeps fae and other creatures of legend alive. I've been a table top gamer for over ten years, and played a lot of games.

Introduce yourself, or ask me anything!

Very nice, Emily, nice to meet you. I've always wanted to try out table top rpgs, but I never had any friends who were into that. Closest I've gotten has been many unfinished Monopoly games, hahah.

I hope I don't make this too long.

Well, I'm The Dusty Mop, I honestly don't remember where I got the idea to use this as a name, but I know it was while reading comments on fimfiction. I got into FiM last year in June, truth be told, I didn't like how it was constantly being shoved in my face, but when that stopped happening I finally gave it a well-deserved chance. I don't tend to knock on things I haven't given a chance, but I'm much more likely to give it a chance if I'm not being constantly pestered.

Anyway, I gave it a chance, I liked it and then I saw the fandom. Yes, all the music, games and art (drawn/written) is amazing, but what really drew me in were all of the neat things for charity and all the love and tolerance, that's what really drew me in because those are the ideas I could really get behind, share and promote to others! For instance, I totally celebrate Derpy Hoove's Day on the 1st of March and buy a bunch of muffins and just hand them out to friends and strangers for free. It's a bit of a downer when everyone looks at you suspiciously and are expecting something underhanded or that they'd need to do something, no one expects simple kindness anymore and that's pretty heart-wrenching to me, sure enough though, when they realize it's not a trick they're pretty happy and honestly, this world needs more happiness in my opinion.

Moving along, I like to think of myself as an amateur/novice writer, I don't write much because I'm sure it'd take me forever to actually do, especially during class time, but I do love to read. I also like to do voice work but currently lack any sort of microphone so I can't do any of that for now. I'm a really big shipping fan and I find it easy to ship most any pony with each other as long as the idea of the story or image is pretty solid. That being said, my very top-favorite ship is VinylTavia with a heavy preference for Octavia herself.

I read the description for this group on Bookplayer's blog and I instantly fell in love with the idea and so, here I am.:twilightsmile:

This is Church. I'm terrible with introductions. I'm also certain that nobody wants to read anything about me, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

The name's Nick, but you can call me Nick.

I write stories for the site, but I unfortunately end up disliking them after they come out.

Best show ever of all time is Whose Line is it Anyway?

Fluttershy is by far best pony, don't let bookplayer or anyone else fool you about that. Their opinions are biased and completely ungrounded as far as opinions go.

Lastly,

I am a dreamer.

bookplayer
Group Admin

If you like to write, but you don't have time, you might want to take a look at the December mini-fic idea I mentioned in the Dreams in Progress thread here, 100-500 word mini-fics about holiday things. You wrote over that many word in your introduction, so you might be able to find time to do one or two. :ajsmug:

Clive Anderson or Drew Carey?

Oh yes, I'm definitely interested in trying that out, actually. Heck, it's even in December, my favorite time of the year. Looking forward to it.

Agreed, though I'm gonna go with Drew Carey only because I haven't seen it with Clive Anderson.

Well, hello all. Name's Axel. Found the MLP:FIM episodes around the time they first came out. I've pretty much been with all of the budding FiM sites from their beginning. Usually I'd lurk, but with some, like this'un, I eventually made an account with em. Also, unlike most people, I had no problem with liking this show, mainly because I didn't care what most people thought. My only problem was with the theme song, really. Anyway, I don't know what else to say, so if anyone wants to know anything, simply ask. I may or may not answer, but most likely I will.

Hi, I'm Golden Delicious. I'm not gonna say my real name, just because I'm the only person on earth with my name spelled this way. That makes google searching easy xD

I've been writing for a few months now. I won't say I'm very good at it, or even slightly. I had one story featured. While that's more than some others, it's not enough for me. I love the popularity of getting featured.

I've been watching ponies for about a year and a half. Just now bought the vinyl Derpy from Hot Topic!

I don't have much else to say, but thank you. I need a little dream when everyone else tears them down, and I feel like this is the place.

Hi, my name is Aerial Fung and I...am not good with introdutions.

Let's cut to the chase: I'm crazy, I listen to a lot of music, I'm under 18, I can read a lot but also can't focus that well at the same time, I'm a little bit on the crazy side, I have a terrible voice, I know how to speak Cantonese, I'm a very vigorous eater who somehow weighs under 100 pounds, I daydream a lot, I'm really good at math, I'm a very very very VERY curious guy, and I think I'm boring you to death right now.

I got into mlp:fim mostly due to my insane curiotic(curious/chaotic;invented a word) mind and I got into pony fanfics the same way. I read mostly here on this site. I have a lot of story ideas that I just can't seem to execute (I might one day...). I joined this group because...'it's fun to join something that just started and it feels good to be an expert at something'.

I also like poetry.

489985 Someone's not so good with introductions, eh?

*taps foot loudly because that's my line*

Ahem. I say "ahem" aloud because I want to grab your attention, and that's a really naive and childish way to do so. Anyway, I just wanted to say:

Carry on.

490252I tend to steal a lot, but in the end, I give it back; unless it's food, in which I'll eat it

Yeah... the name is Justin. I'm into motorcycles, if my pen name is any indication. (Yes, I actually do ride. I currently have a 1998 Honda Shadow that can be seen on my user page.)

Got introduced to the pony inside of my through a few posts by a fellow PortCon staffmember. I started following various pony related pages, and I found a connection. I did not understand why, but I felt I was missing something. That I was in NEED of something. And then, I watched my first episode, and then the next... I ended up watching both seasons 1 and 2 in a matter of three days, and I came to realize that the show somehow filled a hole inside of me. It gave me a feeling of hope that I can laugh and feel good once again.

As to how I found fimfic, I have always enjoyed writing, as well as reading fanfictions. A brony page I was following mentioned a story written, and a link was provided. I have been a member ever since.

I joined this group because dreams, to me, are the most profound form of magic. Hell, it was the episode The Cutie Mark Chronicles which inspired me to follow one very personal dream.

Yes, the magic and dreams of Friendship has made a difference in this man's life.

Lets see, I am Secret_Shadows....

I found this group after my friend told me he added my story to the adventure folder. I looked it over and found this to be a grand idea so I joined...

I dream a lot, I joined not only because I thought this was a great idea, but because, I could use some dreams at this stage in my life. Some hope that all is not lost.

Lets see....I am terrible at this sort of thing....I love sad fictions, even though they only serve to depress me, lol....:facehoof:

I am a sucker for cute stories though......

My favorite pony is Rainbow Dash, my favorite Crusader is Apple Bloom (Because we all have to have a favorite crusader right? right?)

Writing fan fictions has become part of my life, I log on every day and add to my stories, even if my userpage says against that (Google Documents, :yay:) I love reading other fictions to and giving feedback.

And now I feel as though I have dragged this introduction on way to long so I am just going to end it there, I guess.......you know, if you don't mind.....:yay::twilightsmile:

Greetings, I'm DbzOrDie, also known as Scott.
I'm heavily into romance as I'm one of the few guys that still believes in perfect love and one true love. My OTP's are AppleDash, RariShy and TwiPie

My overlapping shippings are TwiDash, TwiJack and AppleDashLight. I believe a polyamorous can work, with difficulty, but it can work.

As you might've guessed, I'm a dreamer of love:heart:. so, you're going to love me!!!:flutterrage:

Hello everyone, I'm Joe and I'm a ponyholic.

So, where to begin?
I'm from England and have just started a degree in marine biology.
As soon as I find a drummer in my area I'll be playing bass in a rock/metal band.
Applejack is best pony.
I enjoy a fine glass of cider.
Dark fics broken up with a bit of comedy every now and then seem to be among my favourite fics.
My fridge currently contains bread, butter, carrots and jam only.
I'm currently working on my debut fiction's fourth chapter, so feel free to take a look if it would please you as it would please me.
'Ties That Bind' by Alter Bridge just came up on my iTunes shuffle.
I once visited Thailand for three weeks.
First started watching ponies about this time last year and have never looked back.

So there are ten facts for you. As for dreams, I once had a dream of a zoo so small, it could fit inside a key... (anyone who gets that reference wins my favour)

And now I shall cease my ramblings, it was nice to bombard you all with this text, perhaps I'll do it again some time.

Ivo

Hallo alle miteinander!

My name is Yves and, as you can see, I am a german brony.

I am a brony since November 2011, where I saw the first episodes on television out of boredom than anything other. I was rather surprised how good the show was and it quickly caught my interest. With time I found out about the great fandom and a friend of mine showed me Fimfiction and the fanfics in general. I had been writing in roleplays before but noticed that it wasn´t somehow enough, that I wanted to create my own stories rather than just playing and writing along a plot others created.
So I soon started to write fanfics to further improve my writing-skills, which was at the beginning a little bit difficult. Okay, I never had been very bad in english class, but there still is a big difference between the english we learn in school and the lyric english I need here. Let alone the fact that I had to learn much more vocab than I knew before.
That´s why my first written chapters in January appeared a little bit...wooden.
With time it got better and better, but still I´m also today very grateful to have a good dictionary-website to help me out if I´m again searching for a special word.

Anyway, considering my 'Favorites' my favorite genre to read is a mix of romance and slice of life, coupled with some sadness or tragedy.
But in fact, I just read what looks interesting to me.
What I don´t like very much are crossovers. (though I am already planning and writing one...)
My favorites to write are definitely adventures.

But let´s dismiss the writing now.

Next to that, my hobbies are playing a little bit table tennis, photography, cooking and, most of all, hearing music.
Yes, the latter in fact counts as a hobby for me. I may can´t play an instrument because I´m just lacking the talent, but I like very much to listen to my favorite music. Music inspires me and 'cleans my soul', to say so. A good composition is for me like a good book, or a good movie.
My favorite genre is symphonic metal.
The ones I dislike the most are hip-hop, mainstream and electronic, though exceptions prove the rule.
My favorite band is 'Lunatica' and my favorite song is (lol) 'Two Dreamers'.

So, that´s all I could say.
Only thing left: My favorite ponies are Twilight and Octavia and my favorite song of the show is 'Smile Smile Smile'.

Phew...hope that isn´t too long for an introduction... :unsuresweetie:

"...hope that isn't too long for an introduction..."

To be honest, I don't mind long introductions at all. In fact, I feel jealous of you because of how much you wrote for an intro; we get to see just how interesting and unique of a person you are.

I personally welcome you into this group and
"Dream On!"

Ivo

Truth told, normally I´m rather bad at introductions, but it was just somehow going so nicely.
There´s after all a lot you can talk about; Where are you from, How did you became a fan/fanfic writer, Which stories you like/dislike, and so on.

Anyway, I thank you very much for your warm welcome and think that you´re just as much of an interesting and unique person as we all are. :twilightsmile:

Hi, I'm KitsuneRisu and I can't talk about myself or the government will kill me.
Nice to meet you!

Alright, actually, I can't speak about myself due to the sensitive nature of my real life job. I come here representing south east Asia, where I am from, and where I have lentrt 2 spek the Englandish. Dat is y mine England so good.

I am a writer, a singer, voice actor, and a very sarcastic person. I automatically hate every person I meet on principle.

I have been in the fandom for a long time, ever since the very beginning, because I follow Lauren Faust and all other things animation. I am a trained classical writer, working on a fantasy novel, but also holding another job in the meantime as director of a company.

I have been writing for about 9 years and have been published in smaller publications. I decided to write some fiction for the first time a year ago, and decided that tiny neon ponies would be the best way to express myself.

I decided to join this group because I like flannel cake.

Hi, my pseudonym is The Music Man.

Unlike many others, I believe we can quantify magic: grab it, shake it up, apply heat, add water, put it under a slide, take a microscope and analyze the pixie dust that causes emotions to flow and fans to write. I also believe that the power of magic is amplified by the mysticism of advertising. Without it, magic would become a dim, subjective experience of no weight. If that sounds like the verse of a cold-hearted villain, then let me ask you this: what is evil about wanting to entertain your fellow beings?

As for other things, I got into the fandom last summer, when my two-hundred pound, rugby-playing, rode-a-bike-with-me-and-my-scout-troop-three-hundred-miles-to-LA showed me a show for little girls. From then on, I have been writing fanfiction (and fiction) for the first time in my life.

I am also a college student studying chemical engineering because I also believe in the magic of money (that is, the magic of money to put food on the table).

And the most important thing you can know about me is I like dried mangoes.

Hi, I'm solocitizen, and I write about ponies in space and explosions and stuff... I also have a collection of original short fiction, but I'm not here to talk about that.
Anyway, as I said, I'm all about ponies in space.
I'm originally from Seattle, and I spent most of my youth watching Star Trek, and now I'm in a college know for its writing program and working on a degree in creative fiction.
When I'm not busy studying, I'm either playing Minecraft or writing about ponies in space, or even trying to do both at once.

I'm knavethefish, obviously.

Honestly, I'm not a much-noticed person, and very solitary to boot, so of course I jump on the Internet all the time. IRL, I get about as much attention as the white crayon. I'm rather unhappy with my life, and I feel like all I'm doing is coasting through.

I'm currently trying to punch through the three stories I've got down so I can focus solely on an idea of mine. I believe it to be one of my best yet. I want to focus only on that, so that leaves two option: Put everything on hiatus, or punch on through the others. I still can't decide and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have no job, but that's also because I'm not of legal age. I'm very well read and supposedly intelligent, and always looking for something fun to do.

Due to life, I'm only on one week out of two.

I enjoy creativity and genius. Thus I am a sarcastic jerk at times. I also play video games a huge chunk of the time that should be spent not neglecting my stories. I'm lazy like that.

Finally, I seek something greater in life. I have no idea, what it is, but that's the best part. I don't know how long it will be, and that makes it even better. I know there's no easy way to obtain it, so that only encourages me. It's also quite possible to that I'll never reach what I want, and that just seals the deal for me.

I'm Dawn Rider

But I'm also known as Matt, and Im 17 (Although I finished grade 12 last year in November)

There isn't anything special about me to really tell. Im Australian, so I suppose that's supposed to make me gruff and tough, but I'm not really. Joining the Army soon, so I have that going for me, and I try to do my best for my friends, and to lend my ear to those who need it, whether close friend or plain acquaintance.

I'm fairly new to sharing my work, although I've been coming up with stories for years. I'm not really that great but I do plan on getting better with peoples help of course :twilightsmile:

I found MLP after my best friend introduced me to it last years around July, and since then I've been hooked on the show,Art,Music and Fan fictions created by our wonderful community.

Finally, I suppose I should say what I'm looking for in life (I think :derpyderp1: )
And the answer to that is fairly simple, All I want is for my friends to be happy and to have a little adventure in my life :twilightsmile:

So anyways, I'm always up for a chat in case you were wondering and yeah..have a good day ^_^

hey this may sound silly, but I really want to add a story that I dod not write to the familly folder, and am unsure on how to add a story I did not write myself because when I go to add the story it only drops down to show my own stories, nothing like add someone elses or things, so please could you tell me how? :twilightsheepish:

Comment posted by MellowMabari deleted Jul 24th, 2020

MyHobby, my pseudonym and pen name. My hobby is writing, ergo the nom de plume.

Deep, ain't it?

I m a comedy writer penning an epic. I am a short-story author scribbling a novel. I am a third-person omniscient trying to write first person. I am a plot-crafter writing characters. I am an editor of my own work.

I am here to write, I am here to read.

I am very intrigued by a group about people sharing what touched their hearts. I'm all over that stuff.
I hope to contribute a few stories as I find them. There's some real good ones on this site.

Hi there! Very rarely do I find a group that I join out of affection instead of simply wishing to gain a larger audience for my stories, but I like the concept of this. Creating a story that just has that magic spark about it, or a whimsical, ghostly quality, is something I strive for all the time but rarely get. I'm proud to be part of a group also after it!

My favorite ponies? Mmmmm. Tough choice. I really like Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. I also enjoy the Doctor and Derpy (Mainly their personalities from the radio series. Though the sheer concept of Equestria having a Doctor is awesome to me). Princess Celestia is also slowly starting to grow on me, as well as Luna. Heh, I could go on all day but I guess I'll leave it at that.

I chose the name Silent Bob partially for the irony, but mainly because it sounds cool. I've never actually watched anything related to him and Jay aside from youtube videos. In fact, Silent Bob was kind of just something I dug up from my memory without knowing what the name represented.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

I like the fact that there's an introduction thread!

Greetings everyone! The name's the Amateur. I joined the fandom at the start of season 2 because my curiosity got the better of me. No regrets! I have never actually seriously wrote a story, but I have made a hobby out of it. The writers did a great job establishing a world based around technicolor ponies, so I figured I would start writing off of an already established foundation.

I started writing off of an idea I got while looking at some survival horror games. My works might be mediocre, but it lets me share my ideas. Honestly, as long as someone understands the message I want to express, then I consider my story a success.

But I digress. I have stories to browse!

Booga.

:applejackunsure: :heart: :rainbowkiss:

:twilightsheepish: :heart: :trollestia:

and

:fluttershysad: :heart: :raritywink:

There. Pairings out of the way.

My name is Matthew, and I've been an off-and-on writer and/or critic for years now, going under many different names on many different websites, and you don't spend that much time around the creative arts without picking up a few things. I'm an imagination on legs - whenever I'm not doing something, my mind wonders to what the next big thing might be.

I miss a lot that way. :rainbowlaugh:

I got into FiM because I enjoyed the soothing atmosphere, and it made for an effective foil to my otherwise-stressful existence. I hopped on the Brony train about a year in, and only wished I'd discovered it sooner.

So naturally, it was inevitable that I start writing about it.

I specialize in simpler story types, especially character studies, dialogues, and fluff. Attempts I've had with action and adventure haven't always panned out, so I tend to keep with my strengths.

I'm especially fond of reading romances, because somehow, no moving medium can ever really compare to writing in terms of capturing the emotion of love. True Love is something truly deep, I believe, and cannot be shown by actors and actresses, nor drawn and captured. Only the written word can make someone understand what someone is feeling, and that's why I fell in love with the art form.

So that's TUC in a nutshell. Roast me, salt me, and throw me in the bowl. :pinkiecrazy:

Hai.

I am Gilimmar. Guess what I do?

What? No, I don't eat concrete.
Why would I jump a bike over the London Bridge?

I dream about things. Lots and lots of things. All I need is the ability to write it all down, but I've never been the best when it comes to writing stories more than a few chapters long.

I LOVE comedic stories, and Alternate Universe is my favorite genre.

I like Twidash, Rarijack and Pinkieshy. I occasionally go for Twilestia, and I personally think that- with a bit of moving around with age and/or backstory- Twidance would be an awesome ship.

My name is Something You Don't Need to Know (my parents have weird tastes).

I play video games and the like, and my favorite is probably The Stanley Parable.

See that text above this text? That describes me. Woohoo.

Salutations!

I'm Jek. I don't actually have a story out on this site yet, but I do have a non-MLP fic over at fanfiction.net and am at work on a pony story.

I'm a huge fan of stories--well, I'd sort of have to be to come stick around a fanfic site. But it isn't so much that I like reading, specifically--it just tends to be the best medium for telling a story. Movies, some songs, story-driven videogames, manga, cartoons, comics, and ordinary tv are just different mediums for the same thing. Apart from that, I'm a big music fan--although I don't play. I've learned to play an instrument, but I don't feel the same intensity of emotion in playing as I do in listening. As for singing... I've been warned that attempting to sing in the presence of other human beings will get me arrested for assault and violence, so I don't do that much. I enjoy a broad range of genres, but particularly focus classical music from eastern Europe, rock, electronic music, a capella, movie/cartoon/anime music, and songs that cross genres (who would have thought that rap and opera could combine so well?).

I love reading adventure stories and am a big fan of fantasy/sci-fi. Love is one of the most important things for when when picking a story, be it romantic or familial (although preferably romantic), so I end up reading a lot of romances, too. I prefer stories involving Twilight (as I tend to stick to the main character of any given show/book/game when looking through fanfics), which of course extends to shipping. I joined the group largely because I like the theme.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33