The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
Mudpony
Group Admin

So yesterday, I took a little drive up to the SeaTac to attend a day of Everfree Northwest. Lots of fun was had, too much money was spent, and life was good. And while I was up there, I asked a couple of nice ladies to provide some writing prompts for the Anthology, and they were happy enough to oblige.

The first comes from this lovely lady:

You might recognize her as the voice of singing voice of Pinkie Pie, the wonderful Biskit Twins from LPS, and of course, as that of DT's best friend Silver Spoon. Yup, this prompt comes from Shannon Chan-Kent.
Prompt 17: Silver Spoon Gets a Mysterious Letter
Is it from Diamond? Is it about Diamond? Does Diamond just have to know what is in it? You decide!

And the second comes from this person, seen here with her loyal butler:

And being the socially conscious person that Chantal Strand is, what she wants is...
Prompt 18: Diamond Tiara volunteers/does charity work!
Straight from the mouth of Diamond, she wants to help make her community a better place. Let's make it so.

As always, there is the FAQ to answer questions like what's allowed and where to send your completed stories.

And remember:

Hmm, I might take up prompt 18. I can see me getting a funny story out of it.

That last picture is pretty broken. I just saw you update the link, but it's broken that way, too...

Has anypony suggested "Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon join a cult" as a prompt?

--Sweetie Belle

Mudpony
Group Admin

5234121 Hmm... still broken? If so, might have to try a different hosting location that Google photos. Pesky imgur change!

It just shows a grey circle with a minus sign. Maybe it's not public?

I tend to use http://www.swiftpic.org/ these days, or http://postimage.org/ ...

--Sweetie Belle

Mudpony
Group Admin

5234124 Yup, wasn't public. It was mine, all mine! But I'll share now. Just this once.

Has anypony suggested "Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon join a cult" as a prompt?

Not that I'm aware of. Will keep it in mind for the next prompt.

5234112 Hmm, I like those ideas. I'm tempted to try my hand at it, though prompts are ... extremely not my thing ^^;

Mudpony
Group Admin

5234468 Yeah, they do sort of constrain you. But on the up side, they can give you ideas for stories you would never have come up with otherwise. Twi is DT's mother, DT owns tiara rights, DT spying on (and for, in another story) changelings, and many others...

So hopefully you'll give it a whirl. And I agree on liking the ideas. The prompts are both quite good, lots of potential. I'm looking forward to see where people take 'em.

5234491 Hmm, the charity one does sort of fall in line with a head canon I had for DT in which, despite Ponyville being a rinkydink town, she has way too much pride in the place and thinks she can mobilize ponies to make it better or set an example/standard for other places to follow. Yada yada manipulative/ambitious filly stuff ensues.

It was nice hanging out with you there!

Mudpony
Group Admin

5234796 For sure. Was good fun.

Telaros
Group Admin

5234112 You could always just open your own tumblr or use Deviantart's dropbox option in your s.tash. Such a shame to see a good post mucked up by annoying sites that refuse external direct linking to images. Google, Flickr, Imgur now apparently do this. I think photobucket is still alive I think, never had issues posting direct links from that. Or better yet, Derpibooru:

Look, Ma, I'm on The Diamond Cutters!

You might recognize her as the voice of singing voice of Pinkie Pie, the wonderful Biskit Twins from LPS, and of course, as that of DT's best friend Silver Spoon.

I was wondering why Silver Spoon's laughing in "Bloom & Gloom" sounded like the Biskits'.

5349475 She also voiced their mother, and for two episodes in Season 2 ("The Cutie Pox" and "Ponyville Confidential") she actually voiced Pinkie Pie instead of Andrea.

5350139 :pinkiegasp: Really? Damn! It's amazing to me how talented the show staff is. I couldn't even tell the difference! Same with Kazumi Evans and Tabitha St. Germain. When Luna was singing, I thought it was Tabitha St. Germain, for obvuous reasons.

I didn't notice originally, but if you go back and listen to Pinkie saying "The mayor in a mane-dying scandal!" in Ponyville Confidential, it does kinda sound like Silver Spoon...

--Sweetie Belle

5350158 I'm guessing Shannon was brought in for that reading too. If you notice, Fluttershy doesn't say a word throughout the entire episode, except for her crying, which could have easily been sampled from another episode. She also did Silver's singing voice in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark." What makes this amazing, at least to me, I's the fact that Shannon was able to distinguish her singing voice from Pinkie Pie's so that Silver Spoon's sounded unique and different from Pinkie's.

5350139 Likewise, Chantal Strand did the voice of Spoiled Rich, Diamond Tiara's mother.

5350164 Yeah, I noticed. There are times when you can hear hints of her Diamond Tiara voice slipping out, but otherwise it's easy to assume to someone else is voicing her. I also seem to remember Diamond's voice being different for Season 1 and much of Season 2, if I recall it used to be higher pitched like the CMC's and Ashliegh's Season 1 Applejack, but she lowered it from "Ponyville Confidential" onward.

5350195 It happens with age. They have been voicing these characters for nearly a decade now.

Well, that and if a good deal of time happens between when they actually have to voice a character, they might not remember that well how they voiced 'em originally...

--Sweetie Belle

5350236 Which is only natural since they only provide the singing, but Pinkie songs so often that I can't see Shannon forgetting how to do the voice.

5350248 Well oddly enough, for the songs "Welcome to Ponyville" and "The Goof-Off" Andrea Libman actually sang for Pinkie Pie instead of Shanon, not sure why but both episodes the songs appeared in DID have a ton of Pinkie Pie songs, so Andrea may have been used on singing duty to give Shanon a slight break.

5350776 Yeah, there were quite a few Pinkie songs in "A Friend in Deed." About the only good thing I can say for that episode was that it included one of the show's best songs, "Smile, Smile, Smile."

Mudpony
Group Admin

5350149 Shannon is also a trained opera singer. Wish they'd let that loose some time, say as Spoon in a talent show.

And here's some Cake singing about an opera singer, thereby totally relevant to both Pinkie and Shannon.

5352496 I'm not surprised. Several people on the show stuff have a history in music. Andrea Libman has a background in musical theater, and of course Ashleigh Ball is the lead single her to Hey Ocean. It would be lovely to hear Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon singing again. The latter especially has a cute voice.

Mudpony
Group Admin

And as my duty to promote the Anthology, these two prompts could still use some stories. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to it myself (too busy with some coding projects, real life stuff, and another story), but I'd love to see some stuff submitted...

And that done, back to discussing singing!

5352538 Yeah, Chantal lists singer on her skill set as well. And I believe Shannon also does musical theater, considering I know she does regular theater and has a masters in opera...

5352561 Prompt #17 has me interested. Regarding #18, it'd be cute seeing Diamond and Silver babysitting the Cake twins.

5352573 I remember one fanfic written back around Season 4 or so, involving the death of Diamond Tiara, and Scootaloo was surprised to learn that Diamond Tiara occasionally foalsat the Cake Twins. Heck, I'm surprised there weren't more fanfics in Seasons 2 through mid 5 involving the CMC attempting to get their cutie marks by foalsitting the Cake Twins (to my knowledge, there's only one).

5352596 Ah, that was an exquisite fanfic! I loved it, especially Sweetie's subplot! I'm planning on writing something similar to it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31