Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,769 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Though since this group is full of Vampire aficionados, I find that unlikely.

Anyway, here it is: in the original Vampire mythos, Vampires could survive in sunlight, they just didn't like it. The reason was that Vampires were just corpses possessed by a Demon. It wasn't until the infamous silent movie Nosferatu that sunlight became a Vampire weakness.

2300871 I personally think that modern vampires are all just degenerate clones of the original Dracula.

I like how the add has to do with vampires and werewolves.

Interesting fact. I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah I've heard that before.
In terms of fiction etc, I prefer to go with the fact that they can build up a resistance to being in sunlight/ it weakens them rather than either Sun = Instadeath

Another interesting fact is that in the original tale, vampires needed to be decapitated before they'd die. Just stabbing it with a wooden stake wouldn't do it. :twistnerd:

2300871 I did know that.

Stoker's Dracula explicitly has Dracula withstanding the light of the sun at one point, though it was clearly painful and drained him of his supernatural powers.

2300871 I did know this, but personally I prefer to keep vampires as diseased or undead and leave the demon-possesed for other things.

2301518 I also prefer this.

2300871 At least they don't sparkle. :trollestia:

original Vampire mythos

There's been plenty of myths about blood-sucking monsters/zombies all around the globe. You really can't call any given one the "original."

2300871 Despite this fact, vampires don't sparkle, either.

2304678 of course they don't. Those...abominations aren't vampires anyway; they're fairies with bloodlust

2304800 Exactly. Although fairies turned dark is an interesting concept, Stephanie doesn't pull it off.

2305473 you know that story would have been better off with the werewolf's as the protagonists

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15