Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

I have noticed that there are a few different designs among the fandom in regards to spider ponies, so I figured I would ask and see what you all thought. Which one do you like the most?

1. Pega-spider: These are spider ponies that are have four arachnid legs stretching out from their back, kind of like a pegasus's wings.
  2. 8 Legged: Instead of having four pony legs, the spider pony now has eight legs (are usually arachnid in nature).
  3. 2 Front, 6 Back: In this design the spider pony has two pony front hooves, which look kind of like arms and six spider hind legs (usually attached to a spider like abdomen.

A part of me really likes number 3 but I also kind of like number 1. What do you think?

6313649 Option 4: a sort of mix between Options 2 and 3

This is also how i do Scorpion Ponies

Before anyone complains about the lack of pincers:

Never seen or thought of one taking up the 1st form before.

Hmm I would like to see them from each race, a Pegasus Spiderpony, an Unicorn Spiderpony and an Earth SpiderPony.

6313656 I haven't actually seen anyone illustrate one, not that it isn't possible, I simply haven't seen it.

The question in question how is pertaining the their leg style. Which style do you prefer?

Model 2, it seems the most stable as a base for each race as well.

Joke:

1) Personally, not fond of it. Backpack design just isn't my thing except for certain cases
2) Standard, for me
3) Ehhh, kinda feels like the way every human-spider cross seems to do it.

1 nope
2 oh yeah
3 nope

2 and 3 are both nice- but 2 is better.

6313672 I'm not exactly sure what you mean by backpack. Is it the abdomen or the legs coming off the back?

number 2 all the way, also REALLY bucking difficult to find spider pony stories.. i like the idea of some of the mane 6 as spider ponies. one that i like had Arachnity(Rarity as spider pony)

6313730 I now right. I am thinking of many doing a spiderpony fic, that functions kind of like one of those ask tumblr blogs.

i mean they have plenty of flutterbat and some lycan applejack so why not alternate 'monster' versions of the mane 6? such as rainbow gale (RD as a windigo) naga/lamia twilight, arachnity as mentioned, pinkie as a dullahan (i can see her juggling her own head) maybe more like trixie as a banshee or chimera (not like the one in the swamp but maybe serpent headed tail pony body and dragon wings). i have several ideas

6313746 Well, mine was going to be an Oc, but those are all pretty good ideas too.

1st on just feels pointless

unfortunatly, i can't write worth crap:fluttercry::raritycry:

6313749 What do you mean? :rainbowderp:

I like number one. I have no actual reason for this one, I just like it

I mean, based on tour image they still have hooves to walk, having isectoid legs as Well well render one or the other useless.

number 3 remind me more of a drifter, and what i think of with most people think of spider ponys
number 1, look more like some kind of spider attack and fuse with a pony

Either Number 2 or 3 for me.

yes. That's why I talked about it in 1)

I like type 2

The fluffy huggable looks with eight pony like legs that function like spider legs and two normal eyes and two to six smaller eyes that are either red or black like normal spiders or are smaller version of the normal eyes. As this looks cutest and feels the most like what you would see in show.

I like that kind too. Six spider legs, two pony legs, kinda pony-spider-taurs.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24