• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 14,183 Views, 1,374 Comments

Responses To A Disgruntled Friendship Student - keaton-furman-prower



Princess Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle to Ponyville to learn about friendship. This is going to be fun!

  • ...
72
 1,374
 14,183

PreviousChapters Next
Read It and Weep

Author's Note:

Original letter here.

Dear Rainbow Dash:

Rarity butchering you for ingredients? Never! That's the job I gave to Pinkie Pie and her fellow PETA members!

But I’m getting off topic here. I really don’t think you should be blaming Rarity for your accident. Most likely you’re just a pathetic flyer who can’t fly straight to save her life. And you think that you stand a chance of getting into the Wonderbolts?!

Of course, I’m quite unhappy that Twilight gave you a book. Everyone knows words and numbers are strictly forbidden. They make ponies smart, and then ponies could begin to get ideas of freedom, peace, equality… or, in Twilight’s case, hunger for power.

Unfortunately, the hospital doesn’t have nearly enough entertaining things to keep their patients complacent. I mean, how much would it cost them to install a few televisions and video game consoles? I mean, I could borrow them a few from my sister’s collection if they were broke! Otherwise it will be so dull that ponies will be forced to educate themselves by reading!

I felt you’d start to read those stupid books sooner or later, so I sent your friends to try to distract you. Alas, it was too late, and you were already obsessed. So I managed to bribe the hospital to kick you out early, hoping that you would forget about it after you’d been freed. But no, you tried to fake lazy-itis to get back your book. I guess that your natural color made it hard to fake blue flu?

Well, at least reading didn’t make you that much smarter.

Also, the hospital has some pretty big security issues. I mean, a nurse filly on burglar-catching duty? Who planned that?! Also, instead of guard dogs, they got the crazy pony with an identity crisis to chase you all the way to the library? What will they do if a psychopath comes in threatening to blow up the hospital for laughs?

But in the end it all seems to have worked out. You admitted to being an egghead, weaseled your way out of several burglary charges, and you got all of Twilight’s Daring Do books. Still, you should be careful with any books Twilight gives you from now on. I’ve heard she plans to use literature to brainwash you into becoming a sex slave.

Your always-careful ruler, Princess Celestia.

P.S.: Don't tell Twilight that I paid all your medical bills.

PreviousChapters Next