• Published 28th Apr 2013
  • 783 Views, 54 Comments

A strange stallion - Cloudy Pillow

  • ...
28
 54
 783

Day 4 Happy reunion

I was woken up by Feather Dust just like yesterday and everything seemed like it would be a normal saturday, which (of course) it wouldn't be.

"Good morning, Cloudy! Today's saturday so how about I show you around town?"

What was that smell? That was the best scent ever. It was better than the scent in Zecora's hut!

I immediately jumped out of the bed to find the source of that incredible smell. The trail of smell led me to the kitchen where Feather was making breakfast. I looked her over the shoulder, "What is it you're cooking?" I asked her.

She just smiled mysteriously and said: "It's my secret dish that has been handed down in my family for generations."

I tried to push myself closer to the cooking pot. "What's in it?" I asked still focusing on the food.

"Wouldn't be much of secret if I told you." She answered with a wink. I could see that ever since our chat yesterday she had become much more comfortable.

I tried to identify the ingredients with my sense of smell, it has never failed me before. It smelled a bit like... peas and grass? No, that's not it. Oatmeal and carrots? No. Roses, sweet corn and cucumber? No! What was it!?

Later we sat down to eat. "This is the perfect time for me to guess the ingredients" I thought to myself. I couldn't see what ingredients it was, neither could I taste it, but it was delicious! "You are the best cook I have ever met!" I shouted with a big smile.

She blushed. "Thank you. You're the first to compliment my cooking."

"How is that possible?" I asked in complete shock.

She started to look depressed as if she was remebering something she wanted to forget. "See, I used to work for Prince Blueblood—"

"BLUEBLOOD!?" I shouted without thinking. "C'mon, not even Blueblood could eat this without complementing the cook!"

"But he did." She said. "I worked so hard for him, but nothing was ever enough. Then, when I heard I was going to be working for another pony, I got happy, but then I thought that only rich snobby ponies would want a maid. I was wrong." She then started smiling again. "Do you know Blueblood?" She suddenly asked.

I hesitated to answer, but finally I said: "Not personally, but I know a lot about him. For example; he can't possibly be a real prince. Everypony knows that the royals are alicorns, so if he's royal, where are his wings?"

"I never thought about that." She replied while looking very thoughtful.

We then finished, wrapped up breakfast and prepared to go outside when suddenly; Feather gasped. "What is it, Frather?" I asked her.

She just stood there for a few seconds, looking like she had seen a ghost. "Y-y-your... cutie mark." She stuttered.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked with an oblivous facial expression.

"It's... it's... gone!"

Now I was panicking! "How in the flippin' flip is this flippin' possible! First, when I entered Canterlot, it wasn't flippin' there, I can live with that. Then the next day, POOF! It's there and now it's flippin' gone Again! What the flippin' flip is going on!?"

Feather looked very confused. "Cloudy, what did you just say?"

"Did I just say that out loud?" I was now feeling very embarrassed.

"Yeah, you did, but can you repeat what you said?" She looked like she had breakthrough.

"What part? The flips, because I am completely flipped out now!" I was panicking more and more.

Feather looked very concerned. "That part about arriving in Canterlot!"

I couldn't see why THAT was important, but I trusted her. "First, when I entered Canterlot, it wasn't flippin' there?"

"Yes there! What do you mean by that? Is this not the first time?" It was was obvious that she was about to explode with questions.

I calmed down. I had some explaining to do. "This is gonna come as a shock, alright? You better sit down."

After we both had sat down and calmed down I explained how I was actually a human from another dimension who somehow got to Equestria. I told her my backstory which moved her to tears. I told her of my meetings with Zecora and Celestia and of course my reasons for keeping it secret.

"Do you understand?" I asked her. I was honestly afraid that she would think I was crazy. I was sure she would take me to nurse Red Cross to get my brain looked at.

She just sat there, taking the whole thing in. She looked me dirctly in the eyes when she said: "I believe you."

WHAT?!?!?!?!

After a short discussion of what to do that isn't even worth writing we decided that our best choice was to just roll with it.

Soon after she was touring me around Ponyville. She showed me all the shops, introduced me to ponies, etc. etc. However, when we passed Sugarcube Corner I noticed a pony that had never been featured in the series. He was green whith a dark brown mane, but the thing that drew my attention was his cutie mark. It was an Xbox 360 controller! How was that possible? Xbox's don't exist in Equestria! He appeared to be chatting with somepony... Pinkie Pie?

"Thank you for your help, friend!" She said in her usual manner.

"Any time, Pinkie!" I knew that voice! That was the distinctive sound of one of my friends at school!

I went over to him trying to confirm it. "Simon? Is that you, Simon?" I asked as if I was recovering from amnesia.

He looked at me as if I was a complete stranger, which –in a sense– I was. "How do you know my name?" It WAS him!!!

"DUDE, it's me, Daniel!" I shouted growing happier and happier.

"Daniel? Is it really you?" He seemed to grow just a little bit less happy than me, but still happy.

Just to prove it was me I did our old little thing and held out my left hoof in the air. "Courage…"

He smiled and responded by getting his right hoof to meet my hoof and said: "And wisdom…"

We finished our greeting simultaneously: "Reunited once again!" We then gave eachother a manly hug and laughed like we had heard a great joke.

When we finally let go of eachother Feather looked at us like we had gone crazy. "Do you two know eachother?" She asked.

"Like hay we do! We went to school together! He was the wisest, I was the bravest. We were like brothers so we and another friend created this greeting called: the Broforce, but who would've known it would actually come in handy!" I turned to my friend. "How and when did you get here, Simon!?" I asked still half laughing.

"Don't call me Simon here, in this World I'm Rainon, that's a nickname Pinkie gave me it stands for rainboe button. I dunno how I got here, but I got here a few months ago! Well, now that I finally got the chance; where have you been?! You suddenly just left school! I hadn't seen you in five years!"

"Now is not the place or time to talk about that. It's a very sensitive and private matter that only three ponies know about; Celestia, Feather here and myself. If you really wanna know, then come home with me and I'll give you the whole story." My sudden change in tone had altered the atmosphere dramatically.

"Okay, I understand." Everypony just stood there in complete silence until Pinkie broke it.

"Hi, new friend! Are you new in town? Because I kno—" I shoved a hoof into her mouth just like AJ usually does.

"Yes, I'm new in town and yes, I would like you to trow me a welcome party and before you ask: my name is Cloudy Pillow."

Pinkie gasped… then she gasped even more… then even more… then she ran away.

"As random as always I see," Simon said. "Well, can I follow you around town, we got a lot of catching up to do."

"Alright, Feather was about to show me the way to Fluttershy's cottage. I'm hoping I'll get friendly with her so I can speak with her critters." And with those words we took off.

When we reached the cottage we saw somepony unusual. He was big and scary-looking. He was black pegasus with red mane, but his eyes were warm and friendly even though they were red. His cutie mark seemed to be be a pair of dumbbells. "Please, let me in Flutter! I just wanna hug you!" Was what he was saying over and over again with a voice that didn't suit him.

There it was again. That feeling of knowing him. "Frederik? Frederik is that you?" He immediately looked at me with interest, then flew down to me.

He bowed down and looked at me. "How do you know my name?" When most ponies would tremble I just stood there, looking him directly into his confused eyes.

"It's me, Daniel! From school!" I said happily.

He grabbed me in a tight hug that nearly killed me. "It is you Waterhook! Where have you been? Oh, and by the way, in this World I'm known as Thunder Rider." I told him the same that I had told Simon and he understood.

"So I see you're trying to get close to Flutter. That's pretty hard when you look like that, don't worry though I'll persuade her into giving you a chance." I said reaching my hoof up to pat him on the shoulder.

He rubbed my head as a reply and said: "Thanks bro!"

I went up to the door and knocked only to hear Fluttershy scream in terror. "Fluttershy? Don't worry, the big stallion won't hurt you. He only wants to get close to you. Can I come in at least?" I said with my friendliest voice. I have always been a good actor, I'd be able to win an Oscar if it wasn't because I had stage-fright.

A little time went by, but then Flutter opened the door a little and peeked outside. "R... really? He won't me?"

I did a little smile. "No of course he won't. Try to look him in the eyes." She did and then came out, she was still trembling like I-don't-even-know though.

Fluttershy hid behind her mane and mumbled something. "I'm sorry. Did you say hello. My name is Fluttershy." She nodded. "Well, hello, I'm Cloudy Pillow and these are my friends. The big one is Thunder Rider, he might look scary but he got a soft spot for your adorableness. This is Rainon, can be a bit of a pain in the flank at times, but he's fun to hang around with. Last but definately not least: Feather Dust, my personal maid and a very good friend." Fluttershy was still being silent. "Right, umm… we can get properly introduced at Pinkies 'welcome to Ponyville, Cloudy party' okay?" Fluttershy just nodded again. "Well, see ya, Flutter!" Then we all went away.

As we walked we noticed a flash of light behind us. We quickly turned around and there was nothing, but Feather had noticed something. "Cloudy, your cutie mark is back!"

I just bowed my head low and said: "I don't even care about that thing any more."

We then got back to my home where I told my friends the story. When I was done with that we simply enjoyed ourselves until it was party time. The party was held at Sugarcube Corner and everypony was there. I managed to get my friends and myself on friendly terms with the mane six and their relatives like Sweetie and Big Mac and all the most popular background ponies. The party went on for hours and nothing special happened, although, I constantly felt like someone was watching me, but that feeling was always brushed away by the presence of my friends.

End of fourth day.

Author's Note:

This chapter took me a long time to write so I hope it's good.

I have scrapped the idea of giving the readers choices that could change the course of the story since no one ever gave any answers, so I'll just be choosing what I like and promise you; in the next chapter the plot will thicken.