• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 1,195 Views, 22 Comments

Dinky and Doctor - Dream Volt



Dinky adventrues with her favorite stallion in the world

  • ...
6
 22
 1,195

Stowaway

I looked down. Of course one thing I forgot is while my future self has told me a lot, she so hasn't told me everything. I think The Doctor was glaring at me. This seemed familiar, but he of course he couldn't get what this felt like to me. I was in the main room of the Tardis. I knew he was close to finishing the repairs but I didn't think he was that close. He was still wearing the saddlebags from when he came in.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. You always check the Tardis for life signs before you leave though, why didn't you detect mine? It's so easy I can already do it."

"Well yes, it is very easy, but why in the world would I bother. It's not like…" The Doctor then stopped. "Wait."

There was a brief pause and we both echoed "Oh, now I see."

The Doctor shook his head. "Well, right. I suppose there is nothing for it. Not sure the Tardis is calibrated right yet anyway and the modern age would have better tools I'm sure. I'll just pop right back to when we left and…"

"But we can't do that yet, can we?"

The doctor sighed. "No, we cannot. Clearly crossing the dimensional divide really is too much for the repairs at this time."

"Duh. Some of the components were magic based. You burned them out trying to do that. Didn't Blinkie tell you not to try that yet?"

The doctor sighed again. "There was a note to that effect I suppose. It's just everything seemed to be working so well."

"You should have known it wasn't likely to work."

"Oh really little miss know it all? And why is…" He then face hoofed. "Oh yes, you know me, and so does everypony else. So obviously it takes a bit of effort to leave at the very least." He then looked down at me. "So, want to see what Equestria looked like about a hundred or so years ago?"

I hopped up and down. "Oooo, do I ever. I almost never get to go with you on adventures through time."

"Right then. Allons…" He had turned around, then stopped. "Wait, what am I thinking, you're a child. If the Tardis stopped here it could be dangerous."

"I can take care of myself. I'm a big unicorn."

He laughed. "I'm sure you are but…" Then he tilted his head. "Wait, do you mean magically you really can?"

I nodded. "I mean I can't like defeat an ursa major, or not even a normal bear, but I can blind one and get away if I had too. The flash spell is really easy."

"You don't say. A spell that blinds predators and allows an easy escape. I have to admit that would be quite a good survival tactic. Pegasi and the wings is obvious but…"

"Earth ponies are really strong and tough."

"Well I guess that's well and good but…"

"No, I mean really strong. Bon Bon's special talent is making candy but she can still crack stone with a buck."

"Ah, yes, that could certainly work, and the endurance for a long run would be more than enough. Fascinating."

"So can I come?"

"Oh yes, why not. I mean I'm just going shopping, how much trouble could I find?"

I sighed. I don't think the Doctor noticed as he opened the door to the Tardis and strode out confidently. Well, at least it will be exciting.