• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 1,195 Views, 22 Comments

Dinky and Doctor - Dream Volt



Dinky adventrues with her favorite stallion in the world

  • ...
6
 22
 1,195

Rainboom

This was something we hadn't considered. We failed but had to keep up the charade whenever the old one showed up. Not because we could somehow succeed, but because it was simply easier than going though it again. But it wasn't all bad. He had wings and he knew me. He would remember all sorts of things even if he still didn't know I was his he was treating me like his daughter anyway. So it wasn't so bad, especially now.

"I really have to say, I'm just loving this flying thing. I have to admit my double was spot on about the wings."

"Of course Doctor." Said Momma

I knew it was coming soon. This was the third time I'd been to this particular young flyers competition, and Rarity was currently flying just a bit too high for her delicate wings. I know there was at least a forth copy of me here still a filly, and at least two copies of me as an adult. The Doctor and momma were in the sky above me. The Doctor kept doing little tricks like loop de loops or corkscrew spins. I hopped up and down on the cloud I was standing on. It seemed to get better every time.

"By the way, how are you doing that. The cloud walking."

"Oh, well both my parents are pegasai, so I get cloudwalking. Stuff bleeds over like that sometimes."

"Both parents?" he asked

"Well I mean not exactly obviously, but a timelord in the form of a pegasus seems to count, or maybe it's all mom, I dunno. Ooo, she just fell. Cool."

"Wait, what?" the doctor whipped his head around

"Relax doctor." Derpy giggled "You may not remember, but we've been here before."

The Wonderbolts failed like before, and then with a flash of color Rainbow saved them all and created a huge explosion of color. I was on the edge of the cloud looking over. I knew without looking momma had to be right behind me ready to make her own dive if I fell. I had jumped off Cloudsdale with my slow fall spell before, so it was really silly, but I knew she did it anyway.

"Oh wow, very impressive."

"Yes, the elements of harmony are very special ponies." Said momma

"Ah, so that's how she's so impressive."

"Actually this is when she barely has any of her power unlocked." Said momma "She even did it as a foal to get her cutie mark. They get far more impressive with time."

"You mean in the present?" he asked

"No, I mean further."

I looked up. The rainbow overhead was pretty too, and the celebration in the center of the arena was interesting the first time, but I looked down again. The Rainboom's main wave was gone, but part of it still lingered, a slowly expanding ring of a rainbow that wouldn’t dissipate for a while. It was amazing.