• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 1,195 Views, 22 Comments

Dinky and Doctor - Dream Volt



Dinky adventrues with her favorite stallion in the world

  • ...
6
 22
 1,195

Repairs

The Doctor had asked a lot of questions on the way over. He'd never stop asking them really but it wasn't usually one right after another. I think he would have kept going if we hadn't reached the metal barn. He had been babbling about technology for a while. Momma and I had just been standing there listening when Blinkie opened the door. She looked like Pinkie, but purple with grey strait hair. She also had one shinny metal robot leg. It was neat. As usual she also had on a pair of odd metal goggles.

"You're here for the parts to fix the Tardis for the first time correct?"

I nodded.

"As I told your mom last time I charged her for those already since it would be a good time to fabricate them. One second."

She then vanished for a moment before pushing a large brown box in front of the door, then out. Then she closed the door.

"Huh, well she seemed like an odd mare." The Doctor then laughed. "Oh, of course, why didn't I think of that earlier. It only makes sense. Anyway, as I was saying, she seems odd. I generally like odd."

Momma nodded. "Oh yes, you get along well."

"However it would be quite useful if we didn't have to…"

"I'm almost there Mr. impatient. It's not like this is easy."

Then Star came up to us the Tardis suspended next to her. She set it down next to us, only a few hooves away. She was breathing heavily. It looked a little beat up, but already much better than when it crashed. Far better than it could have possibly repaired itself without any help. I smiled.

"Star, you cast a repair spell on it?" I asked

"Mom would have made me anyway. Besides I like her, even if she doesn’t like my attitude toward the doctor."

"Anyway, I guess you all have been inside before, so we should just, go."

"Yay!"

I then opened the Tardis with my magic and rushed inside. It looked pretty beat up, and weird. There was so much stuff missing from the main room, and he clearly hadn't changed the controls at all. No wonder he crashed, even if they are the right size now they don't make sense for a pony to operate with all those tiny buttons. Then I suddenly realized what I just did.

"Ooops."

"Wow, magic can sure do some strange things. You opened the Tardis. I mean that's just outright incredible. Do you have any idea what sorts of forces…" Began the Doctor

"It's just her." Said Star "I can't do it, and I've never seen any other unicorn try. I bet Twilight Sparkle herself couldn't open it."

"And Princess Celsetia and Luna too." I added

"Really now? Why would that be?" He then laughed. "Not that I have any idea who you're speaking of mind, but why should Dinky be the only exception."

Then Blinkie's box slid inside with enough force to knock The Doctor over. The floor was anything but slick, but momma was like that. It wasn't all the time but she could be amazingly clumsy. As it in it was hard to believe it was even possible to be that clumsy. There was a reason her main job was mostly just thinking and writing reports. Momma then came inside, a nervous grin on her face.

"Sorry."

"No really, it's okay." The Doctor then got to his hooves. "Well, there is surely a lot of work to do. I'm not sure how good the repairs could possibly be for a society that hasn't launched even a satellite, even if it is a society of magical ponies."

"You are constantly amazed what Blinkie can do." I added

"Which is stupid." Said Star, shaking her head. "You should know better by now."

"I'm sure it will work very well even if it looks a little different than you're used to." I said

"How different could it be?"

We all looked at each other, Star, momma, and I passing looks between us. The Doctor's complaining about "steampunk crystal filled magical nonsense" got absolutely ridiculous at times. In fact this was probably going to be very annoying, since the complaining has been fading with time. But we were together. It didn't seem like the beginning was where we had to go to get to the end, but we all knew that's how it worked. Unless of course I was going to suddenly start doubting myself.