• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 1,195 Views, 22 Comments

Dinky and Doctor - Dream Volt



Dinky adventrues with her favorite stallion in the world

  • ...
6
 22
 1,195

Rosey

I was hanging on as tightly as I could. If momma knew we were doing this she'd probably be mad and me and the doctor. Momma could go really fast but that made it even harder for her not to hit things so she rarely did, even up in the air where there was nothing to hit. The Doctor though wasn't like that at all. Then there was a sudden flash on the cloud in front of us. There was a blonde haired mare with a purple coat wearing a pair of goggles. She used her magic to lift them and I saw as I expected my own eyes looking back at me. The Doctor floundered in the air a moment. She laughed

"Oh yea, I almost never talk to you huh?"

"You're…."

She nodded. "Oh yea, little Dinky all grown up. She tends to call me Rosey or Rosemary, but I can see why you might have problems with that."

"But how did you…"

"Teleport obviously. And clouds are still as solid as ever for me. You have no idea how many times I've saved myself by conjuring up a cloud or two."

"So why exactly are you here my you lovely future version of my daughter."

She smiled "Ooo, nice. It's also so hard to not let that sort of thing slip. I mean I did it for years somehow but I have no idea how."

"So, uh, why do you need to talk to me?" I asked

"Oh, the plan failed, so we came up with a new plan, and I even figured a way to get it to work. See there is this artifact called the eye of Chronos."

"Do you mean the eye of time?" asked the Doctor

She shook her head. "Oh not at all." Then she laughed "Well, maybe a little all. I mean Chronos is the alicorn of time, but mostly no. It's an artifact he left on Gallopfree. Now it's in pieces scattered across time and space, but that isn't too big a problem."

"How many pieces?" I asked

"Hmmm, an adventure or two can sort all this." Said The Doctor "That sounds like a deal. Almost too easy really."

"I forget how many. The point is mom already has most of them by now. She's really good at keeping stuff. She should have the clock face by now so you really only need a few pieces. Once you put it together they just lock into it and bam, you're golden."

"Golden, could you be a bit more specific?"

"Oh, well the idea, that she's already had by the way…" she pointed at me. "I have always been quite the genius." I blushed as she said that. "Is that all mom needs to do is see the truth, not really experience it. The eye can do a few things, but mostly it's used for viewing alternate possibilities."

"So we just, what…" The Doctor waved a hoof about randomly. "Ask it nicely and it shows a video?"

"I think it's more direct than that. It can show you all the ways things could go involving you three. It can show you the way things would have gone if you didn't know. It will prove what I always knew but mom had trouble believing."

"Even though she so wanted it to be true." I smiled, looking at the Doctor "That you really love her without question and always will."

"Now I am very fond of your mother and love you but…"

My sigh seemed to echo. "Fine." Said Rosey "We mean in your future and for every moment of your life beyond that. You get the idea."

"I'm not sure if…"

Rosey shook her head. "It doesn’t matter if you're sure or not yet. By the time you complete it you should be far enough along the line. If not it will still show you the truth and you'll still know even if you don't accept it right away."

There was a pause the Doctor lost in thought. Then with a flash we were on the ground right before the Doctor got distracted and stopped flapping. I hopped off right before he hit the ground. It looked like it hurt. He then pulled his face off the ground, looked to me, and smiled. Then he looked off into the distance again. Finally he stood up with a grin on his face and wings spread wide. I can guess what he's going to say next. Not the exact words, but the idea. There were a lot of bad jokes about wing pop, but it wasn't really just kissy face stuff. Momma loves muffins, but not that much. Well, maybe that one but thankfully I was never sure about that. Even without the wings the expression on his face was usually clear enough, but with them it was obvious.

"Then come on you two. What are we waiting for? We have a real full fledged quest to try to complete, and the Tardis is just waiting for us try. Not only that but a timestream that clearly doesn't give a buck about paradoxes."

"Ooo, this is when he's starting to get it." Rosey said

"Which means it has to be…"

I laughed at loud. There were lots of events to keep track of, but if this was the point in time for the Doctor I think it was then there were only one or two more rather brief visits were he was still the Doctor, and wasn't dad. Not only that but now we had another way to get mom what she wanted. I couldn't help but hop in a circle for a bit. Rosey joined in shortly, and after not much longer so did the Doctor.