• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 1,195 Views, 22 Comments

Dinky and Doctor - Dream Volt



Dinky adventrues with her favorite stallion in the world

  • ...
6
 22
 1,195

Hole in the sky

There was a hole in the sky. Most ponies had run in every direction screaming and yelling. There were only two groups that didn't. The first was Twilight and her friends. They had teleported away. But they couldn't fix it. I could feel the wrongness of the hole even from here. We had run to the Tardis, but I had paused to look one more time. I then shook my head and went inside. The swirling lights on the other side were pretty but I shouldn't waste anymore time. I came in while dad was in the middle of some speech or something.

"…so what that all means, is that I do know how to fix it. The bad news is I can't think of how we could actually manage it."

"Doctor, what is the problem?" asked Bluebird

"I don't get it either." Said momma

"I bet you anything it's just him being dumb." Said Star "Dinky, what do you think?"

"I didn't hear all of it." I said

"I said it's a simple matter of getting the Tardis in position and fixing the tear, but frankly I don't think I can do it."

"Told you." Said Star

I giggled, them frowned. "Star, I thought you said you would be nicer."

"I am, can't you tell?"

Momma had one eye glaring at Star and the other off into space. If she was really mad both with be focused on Star. Bluebird then sighed.

"Doctor, you are not alone."

"Yes, yes, I have my…" He paused moment. "Family. It's so strange to say that again, but that doesn't…"

"This body allows me to multitask to the point I can operate one of my own consoles." Then she got a little smirk on her face. "Technically, this gets around one of my safeguards, but honestly not only do you override them all the time, but so do I."

"Wait, what do you mean?" said dad

"I'm not really a time lady." Said Star. "But I am still smart enough to work a console."

"And I'm not that smart but I had a lot of time to study and figured it out eventually." Said momma with a big smile. "Also the controls are really sturdy."

"You are that smart." Star and I echoed.

"I think you're selling yourself short too, but I'm unsure." Said Bluebird

"And with my magic I can move all the levers even if I do need a stool to see them all. I know we can manage one full station and about half of another."

The doctor just stared forward blankly a moment. "A full crew. That's what she meant isn't it? That she always has a full crew, and now so do I."

"Or at least close enough." Said Star

Dad then sighed. "For most things probably, but no it needs to be a real full crew. A full six ponies, and at least one more full blooded time lord."

"It's time lady." Said Colgate walking into he control room

"What? But how are you here and…"

"It's on my schedule. 2:45, peruse Tardis library for missing book."

"I let her in Doctor." Said Bluebird. "I assumed you wouldn't mind."

"Well no but…"

"3:17 find book and go to Tardis copy room and duplicate book in question."

"The Tardis has a mater duplicator?" asked the Doctor

"Of course Doctor." Said Bluebird

"You didn't know that?" I asked.

"Such a dork." Added Star

"You're so silly." Momma then laughed.

"And now it's 3:28, which means it's time to save the world. Come on now, lets get going. I don't want to late for my only appointment of the afternoon and Pinkie's parties are notoriously tricky to schedule for so we need to get going."

"What party?"

Colgate rolled her eyes. "Why her you saved all of time and space party. Of course the rest of the ponies might not even remember the huge rip in the sky, but…"

Dad sighed. "Yes, yes. She wouldn’t let that stop her." Then dad got a great big smirk on his face. "Then what are we waiting for. We have a tear to close, a party to go to, and after that who knows. This universe just seems to be one surprise after another. Isn't that just marvelous."

As we took up positions I couldn’t help everyone was smiling. I did it. I really did it. We were a family again, and everypony was happy.