• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 1,845 Views, 35 Comments

Power to the Forsaken! - Bazing



The Forsaken Varik Drabor, a Knight of the Ebon Balde, and Soldier of the Horde, gets sent to Equestira after the defeat of Shan Bu on the Isle of Thunder

  • ...
10
 35
 1,845

Meeting of importance

I crossed the bridge on my Acherus Deathcharger with Celestia beside me. I only now notice how much taller I am now, my Deathcharger is a little taller than herself, I now stand double her height. Celestia suddenly stops next to a small cottage like house, with a massive back yard fenced off with a chicken coop. I look down to her and then to the yard, there are crowds of small animals staring wide eyed at me and my mount. I’m not surprised by their antics, even after we were released from the Lich King, we were still feared among all living and undead creatures of Azeroth, big or small. I reach out my hand in an open palm towards the creatures, as expected, they shoot back in fear and all cower behind a bear the same height as me on my Deathcharger. The bear looks at me scared, but holds his ground and snarls.

“Do not worry little ones; I am not here to harm you.” The critters pop their heads out a little but still hide behind the bear. The bear lets out a massive roar, “So that’s how it’s going to be huh?” I draw my Runeblade and ready myself, while my Deathcharger disappears into nothingness.

“Do not do this Varik; the Bear is merely protecting his friends.” She explained.

I glance my head sidewards so Celestia is just within my view, while keeping the bear inside my view as-well. “I am merely protecting myself; while this bear isn’t strong enough to wound me I don’t want it to scratch my Armour.”

“W-what’s going on out there? Barry is someone there?” a small, yellow coated, Pegasus, with a Pink mane and tail walks out of her home. Celestia walks next to me blocking my view of her.

“Hello there dear Fluttershy, your friend Barry was about to attack my guest here.” She nods towards Barry.

“Oh dear, Princess, I’m so sorry. Barry... please stop this.” I sigh and sheathe my sword; I grab my mount stone with the idea of giving this little pony a scare. I eventually find the Red Skeletal Warhorse. This will do nicely. I put on a mischievous grin, but it is unnoticeable to others because of my helmet and my position.

I shoot up over Celestia and get a good view again. The yellow Pegasus looks at me wide-eyed, to scared to move. She soon moves back a few steps and cowers behind her pink mane.

“Do not be frightened Fluttershy, this is Varik Drabor, he is visiting from another land far away,” she turns to me, “Varik, this is Fluttershy, one of the Element of Harmony bearers, she represents Kindness, and is a very important pony.”

I nod my head once, “Hello Fluttershy, it is a pleasure to meet you.”

Fluttershy eeps and hides further behind her mane. After a few seconds she comes out of her mane, “H-hello... sir... umm, if you don’t mind me asking... What kind of creature are you? I-if you don’t mind me asking that is...”

“Not at all Lady Fluttershy, but I must warn you, you might not like what you hear.” I look down into her eyes. “My race is called ‘The Forsaken’; we are a race of undead creatures, just like my trusty mount here.” I pat my Red Skeletal Warhorse on the side of its’ bony neck, “but we are not mindless zombies, and no we do not eat brains...”

I look to Fluttershy who is now looking both absolutely horrified and disgusted at the same time, “U-u-u-undead?!” She promptly falls on the floor and faints.

“Well, that went well didn’t it? What are these Elements of Harmony you speak of?”

Celestia laughs, “Yes it did indeed, let us continue to our destination.”

I move forward, “Very well, approximately how long till we get there?”

Celestia stops for a moment and thinks, “I’m not entirely sure, I haven’t been here many times but I should say 5-10 minutes, 15 at the max.”

I sigh and bring my hand to my forehead, “That will do, let us continue.”

Our trek continued for a few minutes before we reached the outskirts of Ponyville. “We are headed to the centre of town; there it will only take us a few minutes to reach the Library.”

I turn to Celestia to my left and tilt my head, “Library? Does this pony live in a library?”

“Yes she does, and we are nearly there.” She explained.

“I know that much, can I at-least know what I’m in for?” I asked slightly nervous.

“Let’s just say she will ask you a lot of questions...and you will be expected to answer most if not all of them.”

I shake my head and sigh, “I will not answer certain questions. I just want to make sure.”

Celestia nods, “Very well.”

We continued our travels through Ponyville, it’s now getting dark and there seems to be no native life forms around town. We walk slowly, (about the pace if you were to press \). “We are at the town centre” I nod and she points her hoof to my right, “We are headed in that direction, not that much further now.”

“Good I am getting restless, let us increase pace.” Without further a due, my Red Skeletal Warhorse rears up and speeds off at 100% movement speed. Within a few seconds Celestia stops in front of what appears to be a giant Oak tree.

“We are here.” Celestia approaches what looks like the front door, while I dismount from my horse. Celestia knocks on the door with her forehoof a few times, “Hello? Is anypony in there?” there was a silence for a few seconds before we heard some voices inside, followed by some objects crashing and a frustrated shout.

“Who’s there? Why are you here at this hour? The library is closed!” what sounded like a mare inside practically shouted.

“Twilight, it is Princess Celestia, I have a guest here that you would take pleasure in meeting.”

The door slowly opened and a small pony, smaller than Celestia revealed herself. “Princess Celestia!” The small pony known as Twilight shouted and jumped forward to the princess, I took this as a sign of aggression and used my dark powers to ‘Asphyxiate’ the pony in mid jump.

“Twilight!?” Princess Celestia exclaimed, “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER!?” she shouts with her horn flaring.

“I thought she was attacking, I apologize if it was all a misunderstanding. It is my reflex after all, years of warfare make you edgy and on alert for any sudden movements.” I explained.

Celestia doesn’t change much, besides her horn stopped glowing, but she still has an aggressive stance. “Warfare? What do you mean?”

I take off my helmet and let my long black hair flow down the sides of my head. “All will be revealed in time, but first let me help your friend.” I bring my hands up, dark energies engulf them and the asphyxiation ends. Twilight drops to the floor wheezing heavily.

Twilight slowly gets up and looks to her Princess with scared eyes, “What was that!? I couldn’t breathe or move!” Celestia sighs and points a hoof at me, “WHAT IS THAT?! PRINCESS GET BACK IT’S A MONSTER!” Twilight jumps in between me and the princess aggressively, horn glowing and ready to attack.

“I am not here to hurt you young one, but I will if I must, stand down” I draw my sword in self defence.

Celestia pulls Twilight back, “Please my faithful student, he is not here to hurt us.” she pulls her close, “You must trust me.”

Twilight looks to the princess still shaken, “O-okay Princess”

Celestia looks to the young pony, “I am sorry for not sending a letter in advance, for I had no time, I had only met out friend earlier today.”

I don’t move, Celestia looks at me, “Varik, this is my student Twilight Sparkle, the important pony I was talking about, she is the bearer of the Element of Magic.”

I nod my head in acknowledgement. “Greetings Lady Twilight Sparkle, my name is ‘Twilight Vanquisher’ Varik Drabor, I come from a land far away and I-” I stopped when I noticed the look that Celestia was giving me. What’s wrong? Is it my name? I soon realize what I said. Ooooh shit...Twilight looks horrified, and soon faints.

“Well that was...interesting...Sorry about that Celestia; I seem to have a talent in making ponies faint.” I place my helmet back on my head; I can feel my strength increasing, thanks to the enchantments and stats on the helmet.

“It’s quite alright,” Celestia levitates Twilight onto her back, “We had best get her inside, and if she does not wake in an hour I will teleport us to Canterlot where you can stay the night.”

“What should be said to Twilight when she wakes from her...unfortunate slumber?”

Celestia walks inside the building and places her on the couch, “Spike? Can you take Twilight to her bed please? And I would appreciate it if you were to not come back down; I need to chat with our friend here.”

I grow a look of worry, but not visible behind my helmet, “What is required Princess?”

She looks at me with narrow eyes and a serious face, “I need to know you can be trusted.”

I frown inside my helmet, “You have led me to this town, talked with what you claim to be bearers of powerful elements, and take me to your students’ home. NOW you ask if I am to be trusted?” She nods, “Well let’s just say I haven’t killed you all yet, that should be enough.”

Celestia looks shocked, “You mean to tell me that you would kill us?”

I frown and shake my head, “What did I tell you before? I do not kill innocent people, er, Ponies, unless it was necessary or a casualty of war." Or for fun. I clap my bony hands together and rub them, "Well what shall we do now?"

Celestia puts a hoof to her chin and thinks. "Well I will go tell the other Elements of your arrival, and will have them meet us here in the morning. In the mean time, shall we get back to Canterlot? You can stay in the guest room there."

I cross both arms over my chest for a salute, "As you command Princess"

Celestia giggles a little and teleports off. I sit down on the floor, thinking silently for a few minutes. Celestia re-appears after a while. "Alright, let's be off, we are to be back here at 10:00 AM tomorrow." I nod, Celestia flashes her horn and we appear in a small room.

'If it's alright with you Celestia, I would like to wander around. I'm undead you see, so I don't need to sleep."

Celestia ponders this for a while, eventually she sighs and nods her head. "Fine, but here's a map in-case you get lost."

She levitates a small parchment in-front of me. "No need, I plan to map the castle myself."

A nod from the princess and I am off. I walk out the doors and begin my quest to map out the castle. Whilst walking I run into a few, what I thought, to be guard ponies. They would often give me strange looks but I really couldn't care. After an hour or so of mapping out the castle, I finally finish. I walk back to the room I was supposed to be sleeping in, but not before running into what looked like Celestia, but Dark blue, her hair was different as-well. She also looks smaller but still regal, she had the look of someone with great authority. Probably because she is royalty as-well, looking at that Tiara.

I walk up to her, she turns to face me with a razed eyebrow, I salute her with both arms crossed over my chest. "Greetings, my name is-"

"Varik Drabor" She interrupts me, "Yes, thy sister has told thou much about thee."

I blink, "Ah, what?"

She coughs and blushes slightly, "Right, I must stop doing that. Anyway, my name is Princess Luna, ruler of the night and co-ruler of Equestria. Next to my big sister Celestia."

I nod, "Ah yes, the sun princess of this world. Has she told you that I do not come from here?"

Luna nods. "Indeed she has, she has told us much about you Death Knight."

"Well I would love to stay and chat", Not really, "but I must be going. I have to get up early tomorrow, I do believe I have a meeting with the Elements of Harmony or whatever."

Luna nods, "Of course, we shall talk later then?"

I do not like the idea, but I also do not like the idea of refusing my only way out of here. "Of course"

I salute her again and make my way back to my room. I notice a guard pony with no helmet barking orders at other ponies. Must be a captain or something, he glares at me, I glare back while continuing my walk. I sigh, "These fucking ponies..." I reach my room and lay down on my bed, I do not sleep but instead stare at the ceiling thinking.

Until morning

Author's Note:

I have decided to chance the story a bit, the title will no longer be 'Redemption of a Death Knight', instead it will be 'For the Horde!'
I have also decided to change my character's view on killing. You will see later on >:)
I dunno about this chapter, what do you guys think?
I also want your honest opinion, either Kill ponies, or befriend them?