• Published 7th Apr 2013
  • 382 Views, 0 Comments

The Adventure of Lorraine and Hank - Dragonfire2lm

  • ...
 0
 382

Half an Hour Later

"Ok now where to?" she asked they exited the shop.

"Well now, its really up to you, Trixie" Hank stated.

"Well, "Trixie began. "The one place I've always wanted to live is in Manehatten, to the North east".

"Well then," Hank said "Looks like we'll have to take a train But first we need to get to said train station. Any idea, Ms L?"

Lorraine rolled her eyes, walked up to a random pony and got directions to the train station.

"Meh I had something to eat and there doesn't appear to much of anything that interests me, lets go to the train station" she said.

After approx. 15 minutes walking along the cobbled streets (with Pinkie bouncing along on the side), the crew eventually made it to the train station. The station was mostly deserted, as it was during the middle of the day and thus many ponies made their trip later, to escape the burning hot sun.

"Whelp", Hank said. "I'm not paying for anything that could be walked on to for free", and snuck in the back door of the train.

The train was mostly empty, save for one pony in the corner. Her back was turned so all that could be seen was a purple and pink mane. The group settled down within the carriage, making themselves comfortable.

Lorraine found a seat near the trains only occupant and pulled out a motebook, some ink and a quil from her bag (that was the one thing the reamined visible as a pony). the objects were surrounded in the gold glow of her magic as she set about to writing in a blank page in the book.

Suddenly, the purple pony turned around. Her face lit up when she saw somebody else writing. She wandered over, face slightly bowed.

"Er, excuse me" She began. "What exactly are you writing? I hope its about magic, because I'm always looking for other ways to increase my magical talents. I mean, I could just read books that are already written, but that doesn't make up for seeing a master at work" She seemed to get more excited thinking about it.

Lorraine looked up and was slightly surprised at this mare's enthusiasm.

"its my adventure log, a record of qhat I've been doing. but as for magic..' she began, placing the note book away and bringing out a heavy leather bound tome from her bag.

"I study the lost of draconian magic..well actualy I kinda re-invented it due to the fact that any and all dragons that ever used it are long gone" she explained sheepshly.

"Ohhhhhhh" Twilighht said. "long forgotten dragon magic? I had no idea that this type of power existed!." "Could you please show me some?"

"On a train?" she asked. unsure of this unicorns intentions. "I mean I'm flattered and all but I don't even know who you are...".

"Oh!" she said "My name is Twilight Sparkle, student of Princess Celestia." "Here's my library card" She shows Lorraine a card, confirming her name and rank.

"So, can I see this magic, can I,can I, can I, can I?" She bounces from side to side "Pleasseeeee"?

"Uh Hank is this ok with you?" Lorraine asked turning to the group leader.

Hank, who was sitting down close to the back of the train looked up "Hey, its your magic. Go nuts. " He looked out the window, although he did continue to watch Lorraine closely.