• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 5,260 Views, 151 Comments

Journal of a Lost Changeling - IMR1fley



A changeling wakes up after the failed invasion of Canterlot in a new and unknown world. These are the written logs of Drone 1074, as he tries to survive, but how will a changeling feed in a world without love? (A Minecraft Crossover)

  • ...
6
 151
 5,260

Journal Entry Six


Entry Six



Two things of significance occurred today up to this point.

My first event of interest was waking up. I woke early, before the sun had risen, and decided I could at least get a good look at my less than living neighbors. Up till now, all my ideas of them have been inferences and assumptions. I believed there would be dead ponies walking around. I came to a bit of a shock when I first caught an actual glimpse of the creatures that have been haunting the night. These were bipedal creatures, taller than the average pony, and had both front hooves outstretched in front of them, some of them wearing and holding various different things. There were so many different items it was hard to come to any conclusion about them. They all stood around, doing nothing. All of them had varying levels of decay about their bodies, ranging from almost completely covered in flesh, to almost no tissue of any kind. I noticed that the ones with the more bone exposed seemed to carry bows.

I also took note of another creature I'd not yet seen. It was quadrupedal, with a tall body and large head. It's skin was a mottled green, and on its face was a look of sorrow or anger. (I later found it was sorrow.) Feeling it was better to lean towards caution, I decided it was best to leave it be as the sun rose. I was able to witness the zombies and skeletons burn almost instantly, but the new creatures were unaffected.

One of the nearby zombies for whatever reasons decided to attack the green beast that was closest to it. To my shock, the green beast started to expand and flash with light. It gave a loud hissing noise, and suddenly, to my horror, exploded. I could see a crater roughly 6 meters around where the two bodies had previously been. My earlier tactic of staying away was suddenly reinforced. I was grateful I had followed that instinct.


I have decided to call these green creatures "Hissers."



The second event today happened later. After the sun had fully risen, and all the monsters had died, I started making my way towards the columns of smoke I'd seen last night. I started traveling, taking everything I'd gathered with me. Fifteen apples, a few bones I'd kept for whatever reason, (I threw the rotting flesh out. Stank something awful) about five hooffulls of wheat seeds, and a few Zap apple saplings I'd kept, just in case. Oh, and a pumpkin that I'd found. I stopped once for a snack, using a few handfuls of the seed I had and giving it to a few nearby chickens. (Don't judge me, I'm trying to survive!)

I made my way through a swamp. Not the most pleasant or clean of places, but it was in the direction I needed to go. It was an interesting experience to say the least, if not slightly disgusting. There were entire trails and splotches of some kind of slime everywhere. Icky. Thankfully, as I neared the exit to the swamp, there was a clear pool of water. I decided to take the time to wash myself. It has been at least a week since I even cared about hygiene.

After a relieving bath, I went back on my way. A few miles after, in the later hours of the afternoon, I saw the pillars of smoke once again. Judging by the distance I've covered, and how much closer the columns look, It's safe to say I'll make it tomorrow. I decided to make camp for the night. I'd make it there about mid morning tomorrow with good rest. The sun is setting now, So I'll write when I arrive at the settlement tomorrow.