• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 5,253 Views, 151 Comments

Journal of a Lost Changeling - IMR1fley



A changeling wakes up after the failed invasion of Canterlot in a new and unknown world. These are the written logs of Drone 1074, as he tries to survive, but how will a changeling feed in a world without love? (A Minecraft Crossover)

  • ...
6
 151
 5,253

Journal Entry One

Entry one:

It has been almost two days since I woke up in this place. I don't know how long I had been passed out beforehand, and for the moment, it doesn't matter. I have more pressing matters to worry about. I guess I should write down the reasons for this journal, as well as the events prior leading towards that.

My name is Drone number 1074.

When in disguise, I use the alias Iota.

I am a Changeling.

I was on the front lines during the Canterlot Invasion.

And I am now lost.

During the Canterlot Invasion, I was fighting one of the unicorn regiments. Acting as a distraction for my brothers, I had all attention on me. One of the unicorns hit me with some spell that I didn't recognize, just as a large pink dome approached from the direction of the castle. The sheer physical force of the two spells instantly knocked me into unconsciousness.

I then awoke in a field that I didn't recognize. I instantly knew that many things were amiss. The first being a complete lack of connection with the Hive. I couldn't feel nor communicate with any of my brothers, sisters, or my Queen. I am cut off from my only companionship, with no way to find or call out to them. I believe the blast severed my connection due to the combination of the blasts. My guess is that the spell the unicorn tried to cast was some form of disorientation spell, or something along those lines. I'm not too sure about the large dome that approached, but due to current circumstances, I think it's safe to say that it was not meant to help us. It's possible that the two of them interacted in some form that seems to have altered my mind and body. This would not be such a problem were it not for the second thing I noticed.

My connection to the land and its' love seems to have been severed as well. This is very alarming. Equestria is normally rich with love, and can always be felt due to the ponies and their extreme peace. The ambient love is never enough for a hive to feed on, but can always be felt. The fact that I can't feel it anymore is cause for great concern. I feel no love in the land, air, or wildlife nearby. Only emptiness. I'd been without proper nourishment for some time before the invasion, and I've no idea how long it's been since then. Even now, I feel the pangs of hunger gnawing. It is not lethal just yet, but definitely hindering. Thankfully, I found some apples in a tree nearby. That will at least stave off the effects of love deprivation. It's not a permanent solution, in any case. I will still need to find some form of love to feed from if I'm to survive.

This is one of the reasons I have started to keep a log of my events and feelings. Should one of the hive-mates find it, I hope it will lead them to me.

It has occurred to me that I might seem a bit too calm for somebody on the verge of death by starvation. I will admit, when I first learned of my disconnection, I panicked momentarily. (Or , perhaps nearly an hour.) After a brief moment (approximately 40 minutes,) I started to feel the hunger pains increase, and remembering something I'd learned about survival; panicking never helps. This revelation forced me to calm down. (Also, tripping and falling down a small mountain helped. It also added to some injuries I had received during the invasion.)

It was only when I was done with my momentary weakness that I noticed the land around me. (Making hard contact with it a few times helped.) For whatever reason, the land around me seems to be made of slightly harder angles. Not only that, but everything seems to lack detail. The texture for everything is much smoother, but to the eyes, much harder. Even the grass I stand on doesn't feel right. I believe my senses are deteriorating.

This is another reason I write this journal, to keep track of whatever loss of sense or other deteriorating functionality in me that I may notice.

I wandered around nearby in an attempt to find some indication for where I am, with little success. I spent a certain amount of time looking for food, finding more apples, but no form of love. Once again, the lack of love in the land gives call for concern. There is wildlife nearby, but none of them would properly feed me.

Due to my lack of nourishment, I found myself exhausted before the end of the day. I dug a small hole in the side of a hill. I didn't have the energy to scavenge for branches and leaves to make a suitable hut, and although I wasn't a "digger" in the hive, I can still make a decent burrow.

I awoke late the next day, hunger filling my body once again. At least I was rested. I ate a few apples to take the bite off the pains, but it did little to satisfy them.

I began to travel and explore, hoping to find any being capable of love. In my wanderings, I found what appeared to have once been a house. I say once been because all I actually found was just a few smoldering wood planks, a foundation, and some kind of desk. If the large amounts of soot and ash around it are anything to go by, it's safe to assume the desk was where the fire or explosion started. My guess is that some unicorn was tinkering with potions or magic that they weren't quite ready for, or got a few ingredients and reagents wrong. Upon further searching, however, I found something else interesting. On the desk, was a lone book, unharmed, and completely intact. More evidence to support that it was a magical accident that caused the untimely demise of his house, (And most likely, whoever owned it.) That book also happens to be the book I'm writing in right now. It's surprising that the desk managed to stay intact. In any case, this entire "house," is nothing but a pile of ash and ruins now.

I left the house once again in search of a suitable love source. Once again, unsuccessful. The only beings I found were large amounts of pigs and chickens scattered around the nearby field.

It is now, as the sun is about to set, that I've decided to write this journal. I've decided to use this journal to act as some way that the hive may find and rescue me.

I only hope that when they do, they don't find a corpse.