• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 5,253 Views, 151 Comments

Journal of a Lost Changeling - IMR1fley



A changeling wakes up after the failed invasion of Canterlot in a new and unknown world. These are the written logs of Drone 1074, as he tries to survive, but how will a changeling feed in a world without love? (A Minecraft Crossover)

  • ...
6
 151
 5,253

Journal Entry 14


Entry 14

It has been several days since my last entry. Much of my time with these past days has been repeatedly mining, and mining, in an attempt to find some diamonds or other valuable resources to use. A great deal of the items mentioned in the industrial craft and build craft encyclopedias seems to be quite useful, and I am sure that they will prove their worth.

However...

A great deal of these items requires a lot of diamonds for manufacture. This should not normally be too hard. Or at least, in Equestria. However, I am not in Equestria. I am in this backward world that has so few commonalities with Equestria, that it is easier to find the differences, and harder to find the similarities.

In Equestria, you can simply dig down a few meters, depending on your location, and you will find a menagerie of various precious gems, metals, or other minerals. And anywhere in the prime lens of Equestria, you Will certainly find some kind of precious stone with less than a few hours worth of concentrated digging (at least for a changeling)

In this world, however, I have been taking four days, in days… And days. I have yet to find a single diamond, Emerald, Ruby, or other precious gemstones of the like.

NOT

A

SINGLE

ONE!

If I have been keeping correct track of the days, I have been here for two weeks, of digging in what I can only describe as being the most efficient resource finding pattern. When you reach the bedrock, (where you are most likely to find The rarer forms of materials you need,) you start to spread out in various different directions, digging tunnels 1 m wide, 2 m tall, and however many meters long as you feel fit. You space them out between 2 m intervals. This creates the most efficient finding method.

I have been using this system for two weeks now. And I still have yet to find a single diamond, Topaz, Emerald, Ruby, amethyst, Jade spec, or any kind of gemstone of the sort!

That said, however not all has been lost. I have managed to find a substantial amount of other resources, enough to get me started on creating various basic machines recommended by the HAYO industrial encyclopedia. My first creation was a generator, which uses the energy from burning items to convert them into something known as "electric units" and uses that to power various other machines. The resources required to make it were quite cheap actually I have found quite a fair amount of iron in my time of mining, small surprise, and contrast from Equestria. Various other ores have been found as well, so they have been quite useful in creating other machines.

I also built a few "bat boxes," which are units that store energy for later use. This seems to be a good idea and seems rather efficient. Looking into the future of the machines and tools that I could possibly use with this is rather exciting.

My next immediate machine that I felt was something called a "Macerator," her unit that can crush or's, and help her find them and receive more from what you have mined. I have used this on what little gold I have found already, and I already have enough gold to build at least one Builder referenced in the "building craft encyclopedia."

This is why my frustration level with my inability to find even a single diamond at this point is so high.

Something else to note is my relationship with the local village. Having transformed and spoken with them a few times, I have found that they have somewhat of a barter-like system of social interaction. I've been doing odd jobs and selling various resources I can spare to the local populace in order to gain favor, and receive items.

One particularly beneficial relationship has been the one I have entered with the local blacksmith. I will do various smoothing jobs for him, and he allows me to use his tools. Thankfully, this meant I did not have to create my own tools to work on the various components required to build the machines that I have at this point.

With everything they're going on, I had a little time to write, and still little to report. I hope things will change soon.

The sun is going down now. I'm about to rest and go to bed. Everything in this world feels bleak, and it is a struggle just to survive.

Even more so, however, I miss my home, my true home....

Author's Note:

So, I've found it much better for me to use Text to Speech on my Phone or Tablet than it is to type. (Aside from real life shitting on me,)My largest delay factor is actually the writing itself. About 80% of the time I spend writing is just me staring at my keyboard trying to find what words I want to use, how I want to use them, etc.

It's much easier to just spout stuff at my phone, then cut out what I don't want. I hope this brings more to you, faster....