• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 1,597 Views, 59 Comments

Universe of Dreams - Camlio



In life he was nothing, in the universe he entered upon death he's a hero. A damn good one too.

  • ...
11
 59
 1,597

Day 4: The human wanderer & the crazed inventor

Right before we begin, everypony say hello to Dreton. Hello Dreton. Oh Hi I'm Pinkie Pie! You're new right, do you like parties!? Yes! We should make muffins! Twilight, I don't think anyone is ready for this. It's a little late for that now. Oh hey! Look talking horses! Um actually ponies. Want a carrot? Um... okay thanks. I'm just going to start the story now. Ah one moment my good sir. You forgot to mention that myself and Dreton are property of your friend LichEmperor. Oh that's right thanks, Herbert. My pleasure sir. *He bows and his top hat opens firing a stream of confetti which starts the show.*

[Loading World: Terra, Area: Summer Sun Celebration.]

Max was sitting in the back of the grand hall of the Town center. "Man, big gatherings make me nervous." As he said this the party had just begun wrapping up. As the first guests were about to leave a cloaked figure walked through the doors. *Collective Gasp* "Well... shit. Guess it's fight time." As max readied himself for battle the figure spoke. "Um... Hi." *Smile and wave.* The figure's mouth barely visible from underneath the hood of his cloak. He looked like he had been walking for days. "Um... mind if I pass out here? No? Alright then." With that he fell to the ground and began to snore.

[Loading World: Terra, Area: Abandoned Lab on the border of the Everfree Forest]

Max and Twilight had just finished getting their new guest set up in the upstairs area of the abandoned building. Max had been using his magic to repair the destroyed structure. "Your getting much better at magic." "Yeah it just feels so natural." "Sleeping is natural too but, you don't see me getting compliments on it." "Oh hey, your awake." "Yep! Can we have breakfast now?" "Um... who or what are you?" The man looked puzzled at the question. "Um, I really don't know. My name's Dreton but, that's about it." Dreton held his head in pain as memories stung him as he tried to remember things. "Ouch... I'm gonna take another nap." *Dreton passes out again.* As Dreton snores away Max uses his scan spell to figure out who this man is.

"Well... looks like I'm gonna need a minute. Twilight. Can you go find a really sharp needle?" At this question Twilight's eyes stretch to the point it looks like they should pop from her skull. "Are you going to kill him?!!! I'm not gonna help with that!" "Relax princess spaz-a-lot. I need something to poke holes in his fingers. Humans release magic through their hands but, this world's magic would tear his fingers off without the holes." With that explanation Twilight runs downstairs and returns with both a needle and a rather strange figure following her.

"Well... it appears the guests of honer have finally arrived. My name is Herbert Hall, merchant extraordinaire." "Hello my name is-" "Maximillion Fortner, and the two with you are Ms. Twilight Sparkle & the wander Dreton. Who might I add is sleeping in my bed." "Yeah... sorry about that... Wait! How do you know who we are?!" "It's my business to know things good sir. It's hard to find goods for clients you can't understand." "That's totally not creepy in any way." "Glad you think so. We should get along swimmingly you and I." The strange man bowed and tipped his large top-hat. The top of the hat popped open to reveal a key.

"Seeing as your going to be staying here I've taken the liberty of making a spare key. I have only one rule. The basement is off limits. Besides that enjoy yourself." "Okay thank you. So what do I do?" "Ah I'll need an assistant for my work. If you'll volunteer to run the counter, I'll happily pay you with both room and board. As well as a portion of all the profits. With that statement Herbert held out his hand which Dreton shook. "Awesome, now that your squared away I think me and Twilight should head out." "Ah very well then Maxi. Before you go though I think it would be best to give you this. You may need it as your battle style is quite reliant on hands you don't currently possess." Herbert reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pocket-watch made from the Harmonite Max retrieved earlier. He gives it to Max and instructs him that it's power will activate the Form Change skill he recently acquired without needing to focus on using it.

"It was a pleasure meeting you both. Take care Mr. Hall, bye Dreton." "Bye purple unicorn lady. Bye winged unicorn guy!" "It was my pleasure and please do come again." "Will do! Take care you two." With their goodbyes taken care of Max and Twilight return to Ponyville noticing that it had grown dark.

[Day 4: The human wanderer & the crazed inventor summery: Items and gear gained: Harmonite Shifter pocket-watch. Friends made and status: Dreton = Strange friend who reminds Max of a certain PPP. Mr. Herbert "The Mad Herb" Hall = Mission Holder who is replacing Princess Luna in that duty. As well as supplies Max with helpful gadgets like the Harmonite Shifter pocket-watch. Enemies made & status: N/A]

Well I think that went rather well don't you? Yes! We should have a chapter complete party! Whoo! Party! I'll get the broom. And I'll hit the lights. *Click*