• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 1,597 Views, 59 Comments

Universe of Dreams - Camlio



In life he was nothing, in the universe he entered upon death he's a hero. A damn good one too.

  • ...
11
 59
 1,597

Day 1: Lightspeed or Death

Hi there, everypony! Maxi said I was supposed to tell you that he doesn't have the copyrights to anything except his characters and anything to do with them. I don't know why he told me to tell you but, he said was gonna make muffins if I did so bye! YAY MUFFINS! Pinkie Pie, you are so random... *The rest nod in agreement*(Brown text stands for multiple sources or voices. Like when the CMC all shout at once that would be declared by brown text.) Oh that's right I was supposed to mention the scene transition change. This was inspired by the work of Belmontzar's Megaman Zero Legend's never die. So check him out as his story is rather good. Twi, why are you readin' that last bit off a card? *She blushes* Oh no reason... Right story on! *Hits the scene change button that has been conveniently placed next to the Muffin button.* On a final note, there will be sections that will divide the story into parts by character focus. The color will be a representative of the person it involves with red Representing Max, Purple for Twilight, and so on.

[Loading World: Terra, Area: Luna's Moon-Impact Crater]

The door, of the shuttle, bursts open with the aid of the friendly application of Max's weapon, a glowing scythe-sword called Sparkling Dawn. This weapon was given to him along with powers to aid him in his journey by Lady Death. She actually wanted him to succeed, because it was a complete mistake that he died to begin with. The powers and form he was given, were taken from a parallel world version of him, in which he was actually a part of the world. (For the complete details look up his OC spotlight in my blog.)

Coughing from the impact cloud "That could have gone better. Well at least I know these powers work." Max said as he stepped from the capsule. His right hand displays a shining silver orb, with his alternate's CM inside. (That's where it is on him besides on his back under his coat in the original character as well. The one on his back doesn't glow though.) "So Earth ponies make me stronger huh? That's cool." He said to himself knowing he was all alone on the moon. He tapped his hand to his cheek as if trying to remember something.

"Oh yeah! I gotta find that strange purple metal. Princess Luna said it would help me, so I better go find it." Max pulled himself completely from the crater, after the black glow of his negative adrenals faded. (I'll explain that when it's more relevant but, for now just know it's a side affect of his powers.) "So where to? Oh yeah, I remembered she said it was on the dark-side of the moon. I bet it's cold there. Cold like Spike's love life!" Max laughs silently to himself, as he sets off towards the dark-side of the moon to collect the metal Luna called Harmonite.

[Loading World: Terra, Area: Ponyville-Library]

The door slams closed as Magical Prodigy, Twilight Sparkle, enters her Library home. "Spike are you here? I'm home! Spike?!!!" Twilight shrugs thinking Spike must have either gone out to entertain himself or fallen asleep. This theory was further founded by the neatness of the library, which was left in complete chaos before she left. "I guess he finished early and went to find something to do. Oh look a letter from... Princess Luna?" Twilight had done a quick check of the Library and had found a scroll of night blue parchment neatly placed on Twilight's desk. She quickly used her magic to levitate and read the scroll.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle, a new visitor has arrived in our lands and has been given permission to stay by myself and my sister. What we would like for you to do is, help this visitor in anyway possible, once he returns from his mission on..." Twilight's eyes widened as she checked the location written on the scroll, to make sure she didn't misread it. "The Moon?!! That's not possible! This has to be a joke. Even if he did get there and survive how can he get back?" Twilight's mind raced as she wondered just who this new visitor was. Somepony who could survive on the moon was one thing but, a complete stranger being trusted by Luna to go there is completely another.

Twilight was ripped from her thoughts by her Cyan pegasus friend Rainbow Dash rushing in through an open window.(Like she does) "Twilight, you've got to look up at the sky, something is coming down REALLY fast!" After shouting this message to Twilight, they both rushed outside staring upwards. The sun had only been replaced by the moon for ten minutes, before what looked like a small comet started rushing towards the planet.

[Loading World: Terra, Area: Atmosphere, Begin Trial Game: Light Speed or Death.]

3, 2, 1, GO! With that, Max jumped from the moon's surface clutching the shining purple metal in his hands, as he entered the atmosphere. The sheer adrenalin created from the impending doom, allowed him to activate one of his Tribal Shifts. "Tribal Shift! Pegasus for Unicorn!" As he shouted these words, the Pegasus tribal symbol, on his hand, glowed as the Unicorn symbol darkened. With this new-found source of speed and dexterity he dove towards the atmosphere hitting sonic speed in seconds. The resounding explosion caused a massive rainbow to appear from the source.(That is how it works in this universe. Just watch the show.) He wasn't done there though, as he reached 30,000 feet above the ground. He began to gain even more speed and the similar cone of energy formed around him.

Rainbow Dash could only watch in awe, as this new figure had not only already performed her signature move but, was about to surpass it. "No Way! Their not gonna be able to break the-" KA-BOO-OO-OOO-MM!!!! Her cry of defiance was cut short by the massive explosion and ring of flames in the sky. All that was visible of the figure now, was a line of silver flames that hit the ground in seconds yet left no crater stopping around a winged barrier, much like a pegasus would use to soften an impact. "No way... they broke the light barrier. That's just... AWESOME!" Rainbow's look of worry and fear soon turned to the same expression a fan girl gets when they see their idol in person.

What happened next shocked everypony. The wings unfurled to reveal a bi-pedal stallion with silver fur and both a horn and wings. The figure wore a large blue and white trench coat with orange trim. His mane and tail were both deep crimson. His most startling feature were his eyes. The right was Brown while the left was the same color as Rainbow Dash's fur, a bright blue that put the sky to shame. He coughed up some blood from the immense pain of hitting the ground at light speed and began to glow black for a moment.

Rainbow dash couldn't believe her eyes, the only being to break the light barrier and perform a feat that didn't even have a name yet, due to it's extremely low chance of success and it was a Male Alicorn! Twilight had once explained that the Alicorns were able to change shapes to match the surrounding environment. So, if they were surrounded by creatures that walked on two legs, they could look like the stallion did if they wished.(Plot hole closed) Twilight finally snapped out of the shock that the stallion's appearance had caused and galloped to his aid.

"Hey, are you alright?!" Twilight said as she reached the stallion's side. All he could do in response, was give her a nod. As the black glow, surrounding him faded, he stood up easily. The ease with which he moved, made it seem like he had never been injured at all. She noticed the color of his feathers and horn. Even by Alicorn standards, the coat and the rest of the body were rarely different colors. This stallion's coat was silver while the feathers on his wings and the horn on his head where both the same shade of red as his mane. Twilight took it into consideration that she had only dealt with female Alicorns before and for all she knew, this could actually be normal for males. So she invited him and Rainbow Dash into the Library to talk, while she sent a letter to Princess Luna. Once she told him of her plans, he asked her to attach the purple metal he had found on the moon to the letter if possible. Twilight simply nodded, knowing that this must have been who Luna meant in her letter.

[Day 1 End: Light Speed or Death Summery. Trial Game Reward = 500 Bits. Powers unlocked = Light-Speed Nova Dash. Character Links forged and Description of relations: Rainbow Dash = Fan girl in awe of my skills + Room-Mate. Twilight Sparkle = Study Buddy + link to Princess Luna. Princess Luna = Mission Provider + ->Substitute Mother Figure<- Even I don't know how she ended up with that one.]

If you don't know what that last part was it was a mock stage complete summery much like Belmontzar's story as it makes game style crossovers seem more legit. Thanks to him for providing the blueprint for a great game crossover. Hey Maxi? Does the summery have anything to do with hints for the next chapter? Indeed it does my Clever Unicorn friend. The relations to characters are a clue as to how they will be handled in the chapter after they are introduced. If it's a little too OOC for them please let me know in a comment but, I think we all know, that Rainbow Dash would begin to worship someone who could do something that even the Wonderbolts can't do no matter how hard they try. Cya next time!
Thanks to my Elder "Step"-Brother Gabriell "Hades" Fortner for proofreading this and helping me out. Who dares call upon the Name of Hades! Oh shut up Gabe. Oh who's this?! Do you like parties?! I like parties! Huh? What? Go away you pink ball of annoyance! "But, but... BWAHHHHH!!!" She begins crying in the way only a cartoon pony can. Shit... I don't have time for this! *He throws down a smoke bomb and vanishes.* Pain in the flank. Don't worry pinkie he's always that sour so don't mind him. *I say while helping her up.* Here have a muffin and turn off the camera. *Hands her a muffin as the camera fades to black.*