• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 1,597 Views, 59 Comments

Universe of Dreams - Camlio



In life he was nothing, in the universe he entered upon death he's a hero. A damn good one too.

  • ...
11
 59
 1,597

The Studious Lover and The Flurry of Dancing Flames

This is the first of six chapters that will ultimately lead up to the finale of the Crossover story Arc with the guest character Wryn. These six chapters will all focus on individuals who will appear in the aforementioned crossover finale, and how they came to be there. For hints as to who, the chapter pertains look to the title. So expect some new faces. With that onto the show!

[A dark swirling corridor]

"Huh, so this is what it feels like to die? Not so bad I guess. I hope that kid made it. I wish I could remember his name." The black robed man floated in the void of nothingness he thought was death until a man appeared beside him from nowhere. "Ah, right then. Finally found you my dear boy. That spiky haired boy has his debt settled now." The strange man spoke to the figure as he tapped him with what looked like a glowing walking stick. "Go away. I thought death was personal. So leave me alone." The figure knocked the man's cane away as the man quickly pulled him to his feet.

"Ah, but that's the kicker my dear boy. Your not dead! Well... not anymore. A spiky haired kid who goes by Sora saved my skin a while back, and when I asked how I could return the favor he asked me to see if I can find any of you strange people in black. Your the only one I found dear boy and so I'm calling it good. So Hop to it! The world of the living awaits you once again. Now seeing as I've taken the liberty of returning your lost heart to you, I must ask you what you would like to be called." The figure was shocked as he felt his chest to find that his heart was indeed returned to him. He thought of how Sora who was once his enemy, had asked this strange man to find any of those like him he could. He couldn't help but, smile as he said. "The name's Axel. Got it memorized?"

"The names Herbert Hall, a pleasure to meet you Mr. Axel. Right then here's the bad news. Do to a complication I can't return you to where you lived as it no longer exists. So I'm doing the next best thing. Come along I have a friend you need to see." Dr. Hall simply pointed to what looked like a large oak door with a candle on it. As Axel walked towards it he looked back to Herbert and smiled. "Oh well, if you see Sora tell him I said thanks, and don't call me Mr. I'm not that old yet." With that Axel walked through the door.

Ponyville, Sparkle family library

Axel started to regain consciousness and kept his eyes closed as he heard two voices speaking near him. One was the strange man from earlier and the other was defiantly female. A young woman in her early twenties from Axel's guess. "Doctor Hall, while I'm deeply appreciative for all you've done for me and my family, I'm still not comfortable with you dumping some semiconscious human on my couch and asking me to take care of him!" "Not to worry Mrs. Sparkle I assure you that he will not be a bother. I've sent word to the princesses and they referred me to you. He seems to posses powers similar to your husband and that is why they sent me here." With that statement Axel stood up and asked himself aloud without thinking. "Someone else can summon and control fire? Oops..." Axel then noticed the two staring at him. The strange man he met earlier shot him a grin, while the young lady looked to be some kind of human-unicorn crossbreed holding a similar styled child held in her arms.

"Yes, magic is quite common in this world though it varies from individual to individual. You see, Mrs. Sparkle's husband uses a more advanced version of Fire magic known as Nova magic. This form of Fire magic channels the power of the sun." Axel stared at Dr. Hall. "No way, that's crazy. But, then again you saved my butt. So you obviously need me for something so out with it." Dr. Hall chuckled. "Your quite perceptive, that's good. What I need from you is to guard this young lady and her child. There will be a major battle soon and I need someone with your strength to defend the home front."

Axel smiled and nodded. "Is that all? Piece of cake. No worries I'll keep the lady and kid safe but, promise me I'm getting some sort of reward from this." "We will discuss rewards once the conflict ends as there will be quite a bit of property damage and repairs will come first. I do promise that you will be more than adequately compensated for your efforts." With that Dr. Hall shook Axel's hand and vanished. Twilight then turned to Axel and smiled. "Thank you for helping us, my name is Twilight Sparkle. This is my Daughter Solaris, what's your name?" Axel did an over-dramatic bow before saying. "The name's Axel... Got it memorized?"

[The Flurry of Dancing Flames has joined their cause, Dr. Hall must be stopped. You there! Deal with him! A shaded figure salutes the evil voice before vanishing, and the scene fades to black.]