• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 6,316 Views, 107 Comments

Keeping Secrets - Soniclink137



Rainbow Dash has told Scootaloo something that she is now hiding from everypony else. Can Scootaloo get her to come out with it?

  • ...
10
 107
 6,316

Chapter 3

Scootaloo was walking across the cloud colored floors of the Wonderbolt H.Q. Scootaloo couldn’t understand why Rainbow Dash was avoiding telling Soarin’ about her foal since she was really happy about it when Scootaloo last saw her. So the first thing that she was going to do is find Rainbow Dash and ask her about it.

She didn’t find Rainbow Dash anywhere inside the Wonderbolt headquarters so instead she went to the field outside the Wonderbolt headquarters. While passing through she thought she saw somepony her age, but she was more focused on finding Rainbow Dash then whoever she happened to pass by. Besides she has never seen somepony her age in the Wonderbolt headquarters and she doubted she would randomly see one now.

While the inside of the Wonderbolt headquarters is an actual building and not a cloud, the outside is all cloud and besides certain areas all white. Because of its location of being higher than most other clouds the sky over the Wonderbolt headquarters is always blue even when there is a storm over Canterlot. This place is usually full of many different colored pegasi training their hardest for whatever performance is coming up next.

However at this point in time for some reason there was no pegasus to be seen anywhere outside. Scootaloo found that surprising since even at night there are always pegasi flying everywhere and training. But since there wasn’t any pegasi flying anywhere around that made it easier for Scootaloo to find Rainbow Dash. She was able to see a rainbow colored mane on the hoofball field so she immediately used her scooter to go there.

What is with the Wonderbolts anyways? Scootaloo thought while she was scooting up to Rainbow Dash. [They are usually practicing out here all the time. I’ve never seen then not be flying around here. Is there something going on here? Nah, probably not. It might just be the fact that I’m actually here today and not in Ponyville. I’m just seeing what happens during the time I’m not here.

When she got close enough she saw that Rainbow Dash was doing some wing stretches while looking around the field quickly to see if anypony was approaching her. When she saw Scootaloo she was surprised and her wings snapped out as if she was just about to take off, but as soon as she saw that it was Scootaloo she lowered her wings. She then walked up to meet Scootaloo.

“Hay Scoots, what’s going on?” Rainbow Dash asked. She was still looking around frantically to make sure that nopony is coming closer.

“Nothing much,” Scootaloo lied. “So have you told Soarin’ the good news yet?”

“Uhh…not yet Scootaloo,” Rainbow Dash said nervously. She actually gave Scootaloo her full attention now.

“Why not?” Scootaloo asked pressing further.

“Well it’s just…not the time yet,” Rainbow Dash said. “I’ll tell him eventually. I just want to make sure it’s the right time.”

“Well shouldn’t you tell them soon?” Scootaloo asked. “You said you wanted Soarin’ to be the first to know, but if you don’t tell Spitfire soon she won’t be able to adjust the training for you.”

“I-I’ll tell him eventually,” Rainbow Dash said. “Don’t worry about it Scoots. I just need to make sure it’s at the right time.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to tell him now? I’m sure Soarin’ would love to hear about this right now.” Scootaloo said this for emphasis, “I mean right now.”

“I will Scoots,” Rainbow Dash said. She looked overhead to see if anypony is there once again. “I’ll uhh…go and find him right now and tell him. If I can uhh…find him.”

Rainbow Dash walked towards the light blue Wonderbolt building. As she left Scootaloo thought, Rainbow Dash isn’t going to try and find him isn’t she? Come on Rainbow Dash, what is wrong? Why won’t you talk to Soarin’. You were so excited to tell Soarin’ about it before so why aren’t you as excited now?

I need some help. I need to find some way of getting Rainbow Dash to talk to Soarin’. But Soarin’ can’t help me, and Rainbow Dash won’t talk to him. I guess that just leaves one other pony to help me.

So Scootaloo scooted back into the Wonderbolt headquarters to try and find the only other pony she trusts. She stopped outside of the office and knocked on the door. From beyond the door a voice said “Come in.”

Scootaloo walked into Spitfire’s office and saw her looking at who just walked in. He had her hoof over a piece of paper and was still in the middle of stamping it when Scootaloo walked in. “Ahh…hey Scootaloo,” Spitfire said. She moved the paper to the side and walked away from her desk and in front of Scootaloo. “What do you need? This better not be about the mess you made in the mess hall. I’m not going to yell at you for it, but I do fully expect Soarin’ and Rainbow Dash to take responsibility for you. Including punishing you as they see fit. You should have known better than to be riding your scooter inside the hea…”

“No it doesn’t have anything to do with that,” Scootaloo interrupted. “Soarin’ is already taking responsibility for that. I need your help on something.”

“Oh, alright then Scootaloo,” Spitfire said. “What do you need help with?”

“Well I have a problem,” Scootaloo said. Ok Scootaloo, you just need to ask Spitfire without telling her what is wrong with Rainbow Dash. You just have to find some way around it. You can do this. “Rainbow Dash has some news for Soarin’ that she was really excited to tell him but for some reason she is avoiding him. And I think Soarin’ is hurt because of it. What should I do to help them?”

“What news does Rainbow Dash have for him?” Spitfire asked. “Does this have anything to do with Rainbow Dash’s trip to the doctor?”

Dang it! I was hoping she wouldn’t ask! Great, now I need to find some way around it. “It might but I…I can’t tell you,” Scootaloo said. “Rainbow Dash told me to keep it a secret for now. I’m not going to break Rainbow Dash’s trust by telling you. Can you help me without me telling you about it?”

Spitfire looked at Scootaloo for a few moments. She had a pondering face on her as she looked at Scootaloo. “Hmm…ok then. Do you think you can get those two to somehow talk?”

“I don’t know,” Scootaloo said. “Rainbow Dash has been avoiding Soarin’ and I don’t think she is going to talk easily. I don’t know what I should do. Should I just let then sort it out themselves?”

“Trust me Scootaloo, you don’t want the two not to talk about it,” Spitfire said. “So even though I am probably going to regret telling you this, you should find any way possible of getting the two of them to talk. Do whatever it takes Scootaloo.”

“But what should I do?” Scootaloo asked.

“Anything you can Scootaloo,” Spitfire said. “You’re a creative kid. I’m sure you can think of some way of getting them to talk it out. I’ve heard plenty from Rainbow Dash about your time as a Cutie Mark Crusader and how you would do the strangest and most creative things to get your Cutie Mark. If you managed to do all that then I’m sure you will be able to think of some way to get Rainbow Dash to tell Soarin’ tha...what she needs to tell him.”

“I’ll do my best!” Scootaloo said before exiting the office.

As soon as Scootaloo left Spitfire got back to doing her usual duties. Yet while doing them, she said to herself, “So I guess that confirms it then. Rainbow Dash is pregnant and is hiding it from Soarin’. She must be. I can’t think of any other good news that she would want to give to Soarin’ and would suddenly be hiding it.” Spitfire shuttered at some of her memories. “This isn’t good.”

She looked over at the door that Scootaloo just walked out of. “I really hope you succeed at getting those two to talk about it Scootaloo. I would hate to see Rainbow Dash and Soarin’ make the same mistakes I made when I was pregnant with you.”

Outside of the office Scootaloo was planning exactly how she was going to get Rainbow Dash and Soarin’ together. While she was plotting, it sort of reminded her of back when Applebloom, Sweetie Bell and her tried to get Cheerlie and Big Macintosh together. While it didn’t exactly work to get them together as a couple, they did manage to get them in the same place. So all Scootaloo thought she needed to do was get the two together.

But of course the problem is Scootaloo has no clue were Rainbow Dash is at the time. And Scootaloo isn’t able to ride her scooter around the place anymore unless she wasn’t to be chewed out by somepony. That and she was getting tired from riding it. It was easier than walking around the place, but it still takes some work from her wings in order to move it around.

So because of that Scootaloo decided to make the first place she checks be Rainbow Dash’s room so that she could also drop off her scooter there. She didn’t really figure she would find Rainbow Dash there if she is avoiding Soarin’, and as she figured when she passed the blue door with an engraving of Rainbow Dash and Soarin’s cutie marks on the top of it there nothing except for the two Wonderbolt uniforms to the left of the room, the one belonging to Soarin’ on the floor and the one belonging to Rainbow Dash hung up, the bed in the middle of the room, and the drawer for the formal wear in the right side of the room.

“Should have figured just about as much,” Scootaloo said. “If Rainbow Dash is avoiding Soarin’ then she wouldn’t hide in her room. Well, I guess I need to look in a different place.”

Scootaloo placed her scooter and helmet inside the room and then left it. She then went off along the hallway thinking about what she is going to do next. Of course because Scootaloo was thinking about what she could do to help Rainbow Dash out she wasn’t paying attention to where she was walking. She was just walking wherever on instinct and without any structure in her walk and not really paying attention to the Wonderbolts passing by.

This is going too slow, Scootaloo thought. I won’t get even close to finding Rainbow Dash at this rate. Without my scooter I’m going too slow and this building is too large. I still need some help, but Spitfire is probably too busy to help me and even if I get Soarin’ to help me he hasn’t had any luck with Rainbow Dash anyways. I want to be there when those two get together to help push Rainbow Dash to tell him. But it will take forever for me to find Rainbow Dash at this rate. What do I do now?

Scootaloo was still walking without paying attention when she suddenly collided into somepony. The collision was painful enough to closer her eyes and knocks her back a bit. She got back up after a few seconds and started rubbing her forehead with her right forehoof with her eyes still closed so she still couldn’t see who or what knocked into her.

Ow! Ok, now I wish I brought my helmet with me even though I’m not on my scooter. Then this wouldn’t hurt as much.

While she was still rubbing her forehead she heard a somewhat familiar voice say to her, “Watch where you’re going will you?”

“Well sorry,” Scootaloo said in an annoyed voice. “I have a lot to think about right now.”

“Wait that voice…Scootaloo?” the voice asked. Scootaloo finally stopped rubbing her forehead and opened her eyes to see a light gray pegasus colt with a dark gray mane.

“Rumble?!”

Author's Note:

And you thought I put that Rumble tag there for no reason.

Well actually I really don't know if you thought that or not. But I'll just pretend that for now.