• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 2,455 Views, 80 Comments

My Little Fortress: Dawnpick - Paaaad



Seven Ponies, One Fortress. Let's see how this goes. 149 chapters and counting.

  • ...
12
 80
 2,455

PreviousChapters Next
108

To authorities in Coupledye.

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is a matter of grave importance. As much as I hate to inform You, Dawnpick has a big problem by the name of Stiletto Trusted Good (ironic, isn't it?), an Alicorn mare. She has been spreading perversion, depravity and dangerous ideas among the local populations since her arrival several years ago, and the problem is quickly getting out of hoof.

For starters, Stiletto is ridden by anypony who sucks up to her, including mares. That is how she gains followers. She is frequently seen in public with two bucks under her wings, both her lovers, or kissing a mare. I haven't seen it for myself, but there are some rumors, that she organizes orgies for her underlings. Her followers call each other "their loves". This resembles some kind of dangerous cult.

As if publicly showing off her depravity was not enough, Stiletto had some of her underlings organize a kindergarten. While this looks innocent and even noble on the surface, and all a casual observer will normally see, are playing foals, I'm sure their deeper purpose is to corrupt the children to Stiletto's depraved ways. They are being looked after by Glyph, who seems to speak devilpony better than our own language, and Kat, whom I inquired about Stiletto, and she sees nothing wrong with a mare having two coltfriends or kissing a mare. The little things are so gullible, and I dread what dangerous ideas will be planted in their little heads. I talked about it to Lady Virtue and some of the parents, but most of them don't see the problem, only a way to keep their foals safe. On the bright side, I managed to convince some parents and a soldier Glaive to spend some time helping in the kindergarten and mitigate any bad influences on the foals.

Another matter is that at some point Baroness Virtue commissioned a temple to be built. In and of itself this is the right notion, however instead to all our gods, this temple is dedicated to some alien, blasphemous Alicorn ones. Worse yet, their priest is rumored to have some dealings with bandits and devilponies. This is an affront to the gods, and another proof of an Alicorn cult in this town. On another note, Dawnpick suffers from frequent bandit attacks, and I believe there is a mole among us. This priest of the Alicorn sisters, Grapple, is a suspect, except on at least one occasion, he was seen fighting one of the bandits.

There was an incident when a guard Glyph, one of Stiletto's supporters, intimidated a pony, Carmine, for dispossessing a bastard, even though it is his right to do so. There are no doubts the foal is not his. It is a zony, so his mother, Ocean Breeze cheated on her husband with some zebra. She also dyed the bastard's coat, and was hiding the truth from her husband for years. As is often the case with bastards and crossbreeds, the foal is ugly and feeble-minded. To Glyph's credit, he takes care of the filly, but much to my dismay Carmine was ostracized, and Ocean Breeze was not. This tells a lot about the 'morals' of this place, and is the work of Stiletto's friends, who call Ocean Breeze's behavior 'love', and Carmine's 'jealousy'.

The most aggravating incident so far is that Flux, one of Stiletto's underlings attacked a guard, Glaive, who tried to talk to him about Stiletto's evil ways, and persuade him out of seducing Glaive's fiancee, Falcata. Flux somehow managed to break Glaive's leg and was detained and sentenced for two months afterwards, but then Stiletto went straight to the hospital, and intimidated Glaive into dropping the charges, while damaging some equipment, and scaring our healer, Panacea. The strangest thing is that the minimum sentence for wounding a guard is two weeks, even with all charges dropped, while Flux was released three days after his arrest. I tried to persuade Lady Virtue to obey our laws, and even helped pressing charges against Stiletto, but it only resulted in a fine. The ponies here are either too afraid of that monster to even stand up to her or already on her side. As if proving that she and her goons can hurt whoever they want with no consequences whatsoever, and that out laws mean nothing to them was not enough, they actually had the audacity to rub it in our faces, and organize a party to celebrate Flux's release! Even Glaive had to attend it, with his leg still in a cast!

Stiletto is gradually converting militia and guards to her cause. While I have no proof, this is exactly what she would be doing if she was staging a coup to take over Dawnpick for real.

As if to confirm my fears, Stiletto plans to build herself a mansion on a hill overlooking Dawnpick. That building is going to be massive, and give the impression, that she and not Lady Virtue is the de-facto ruler of Dawpick. I petitioned Lady Virtue about it, but to no avail. She seems perfectly content to give Stiletto privileges. One thing of note is that before the construction, Stiletto rallied Dawnpick's militia to kill some badger ponies, who made camp on that hill, and told them, it is to get wood from the hill. She never mentioned any mansion. The badger ponies themselves didn't give us any trouble. While their kind often joins the bandits, who attacks us, that particular group didn't and such an act of violence against them may cause them to retaliate.

I also fear for my own life. When Stiletto learned what I know about her, she wouldn't leave me alone, even though I told her to do so numerous times, and once almost choked me to death for opposing her, but was rescued by our captain of the guard. This happened only once and she didn't harass me afterwards, so perhaps she wants to avoid overt displays of violence at this point. In any case, I try to stay in sight of other ponies and lock my door at night.

There were other incidents involving Stiletto, but far too numerous to mention.

I tried talking to our leader, Baroness Virtue about the problem, but she wouldn't listen to reason. I believe she was somehow bewitched by Stiletto to turn a blind eye to her excesses. I don't know if this was the result of a bribe, a spell or something else, but Baroness Virtue is under Stiletto's influence. They are often seen together, and Lady Virtue favors her.

One thing of note is that Stiletto is in the military, and ridiculously dangerous. When she goes berserk we will all be doomed.

List of Stiletto's lovers: Flux Cherishedamazed, Glyph Tailsponges, Kat Blossomwilt, possibly Midnight Braidbud.

List of ponies, who can confirm my words: Glaive Straytwinkles, Jaxler Blackflutes, Detergent Yawngrove, Hickory Torchplates and Loom Cultbee

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT THIS MONSTER BE EXILED.

Yours sincerely,
Indigo Swiftdined.

PS: So far her most noteworthy contribution to Dawnpick is a water purifier. We all enjoy clean water much more than the muddy lakes we had before.

PreviousChapters Next