• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 700 Views, 90 Comments

The Spectrum Chronicles: Dashes of Spectra - SonicRainbowDashie



Family reunions are great, unless there are secrets hidden...

  • ...
17
 90
 700

07 - Stormy Colors

Vivid light burned Spectra's retinas as she awoke the next morning. She felt a wet sensation at her back hooves. Tank, Rainbow's pet turtle was licking her hoof.

She giggled, "Stop it Tank." She laughed some more, "Haha, that tickles!"

The turtle stopped and gave Spectra a very slow smile. Spectra smiled back and chuckled.

"Good morning buddy." She greeted with a pat on the reptile's head.

The turtle made a small purr in response.

Spectra got out of bed and trotted to her mirror. She examined herself to see if she was okay to go out. Her eyes drifted over the wound over her forehead. She sighed. Then trying to hide the mark, Spectra shifted her bangs over the cut to hide it.

When she was ready she flew out to the main hub of Rainbow Dash's house where Dash was also getting ready for their work for the day.

"Oh hey Spec!" Dash greeted, "How are ya?"

"I'm good. Ready for another work day?"

"Of course! But hey, today we are scheduled for a big storm. So while the earth ponies and unicorns get things ready on the ground, us pegasi gotta get the clouds together." Rainbow stated what they had to do in much detail.

Spectra stopped her, "I got it Dash." She chuckled, "I was on the Weather Team in Manehatten, remember?"

"Oh yeah. Okay then. You should be fine."

The mares flew out together off to downtown Ponyville, where everypony else was getting things ready for the storm.

"Oh hi guys!" The two mares were greeted by Twilight

"Hey Twi! How's the storm preparations going?" Dash asked.

"Me and some of the pegasi are working on the clouds at the moment. Could you lend a hoof?"

"Of course. Does anypony else need any of our pegassistance?" Rainbow asked with a chuckled.

"Well Rarity, Applejack, and a few other ponies are working on the loose tree branches-" Twilight was cut off when Rainbow Dash immediately started toward Applejack and Rarity.

Twilight grabbed Dash's tail with her magic. "Hey what's that for?" Rainbow asked, kind of annoyed.

"They're fine. We need your guys' 'Pegassistance' with the clouds."

Rainbow Dash sighed, "Fine..."

"Alright good," Twilight said, realizing she had the situation under control, "Okay. Rainbow Dash and Spectra, you two cover Sweet Apple Acres. Me and the other pegasi will finish up downtown."

"Yes ma'am!" Spectra replied with a salute, and grabbed the annoyed Rainbow Dash by her hoof.

**********

At Sweet Apple Acres, the clouds were still cleared from the day before. Spectra surveyed the skies.

"Ah. There!" She said darting toward a group a clouds. She gathered them up and arranged them over an area above the acres. "You gonna help or just sit there and pout?" Spectra asked Rainbow with a friendly wink.

"Yeah yeah." Dash replied, flying lazily over to another group of clouds.

The pegasi arranged clouds for the next few hours. They covered the north and south fields. Rainbow Dash eventually lost her attitude and cheered up. Spectra grouped some clouds here and Dash covered the sky there. It was an extensive process. But they were having fun. Spectra rolled a cloud up densely and bucked it toward Rainbow Dash.

"Hey! Careful!" Rainbow exclaimed in defense.

"Cheer up you joy kill!" Spectra replied, laughing. "Just having a little fun-"

Spectra was cut off when a soft, white cloud struck her in the muzzle. She had a cloud beard after it hit her. Spectra shook off the cloud.

"So that's how it'll be huh?" Spectra asked with a sly smile.

"Ahh, I don't know. Is it?" Dash replied, returning the smile.

Spectra dove behind a cloud for shelter and bundled up another cloud. She bucked it toward Dash, who quickly dodged it. The cloud flew past Rainbow and crashed into a group of the cloud layer. The clouds dissipated and a hole was left in the cloud cover.

"Oopsie..." Spectra said quietly.

"No biggie Spec. We'll just fix that hole. Let's wait for our battle until later." Rainbow Dash said reassuringly, "For now, let's finish our job."

The two colorful pegasi continued covering the large apple acres. Eventually getting to the East and West fields. When they finished covering Sweet Apple Acres, they hoof-bumped and flew back toward Ponyville.

**********

When the two mares got back to Ponyville, the other ponies were nearly done preparing. The two flew toward Twilight, who was directing another group of pegasi.

"Hiya Twi! We're done at Sweet Apple Acres." Spectra stated immediately.

"Alright good. We are practically done. I think the earth ponies are just finishing up the ground work."

"Alright!" Dash replied right away, flying off to Applejack and Rarity.

"That feather brain..." Twilight muttered.

Spectra laughed in response.

"Well? She is. But she's still my friend." Twilight said smiling at Spectra, "Hey you might wanna get inside soon. It's about to downfall. Wanna stay at the library with me? Rainbow Dash seems busy with AJ." Twilight finished rolling her eyes.

Spectra chuckled, "Sure. Sounds fun. But isn't it a lil' dangerous being inside a tree during a storm?"

"No not at all. The tree is enchanted with a spell to protect us inside."

"Ah... Alrighty." Spectra replied, "Let's go then!"

"Sure what are we waiting for? Lemme just tell the girls so they know."

Twilight flew toward the others, revealed her plans, and the princess and spectrum pegasus flew off to the Ponyville library.