• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 700 Views, 90 Comments

The Spectrum Chronicles: Dashes of Spectra - SonicRainbowDashie



Family reunions are great, unless there are secrets hidden...

  • ...
17
 90
 700

06 - Nightmares of Spectrum

It was dark. Spectra couldn't see a thing. She trotted around a little, looking for a light switch. She felt something. It wasn't a light switch though. It was cogs? Yeah definitely.

Where in Equestria am I? She thought to herself. Spectra felt around on the cog feeling where it led. Eventually she found a switch. Still wasn't a light switch though. It was a heavy machinery switch. She remembered these from... Well THAT place...

She was afraid to pull it, having a bad feeling that she knew what it was. The inevitable occurred. She slipped on a small slick of oil, right into the lever.

The switch tilted over into the 'ON' position. The room around her began to glow. And her worse fear presented itself to her.

Machines whirred up, heavy pistons began pumping up and down. A claw began to hover over her.

Oh Celestia, please oh please get me out of here! She tried to scream, but she couldn't. She felt like her muzzle was clamped tight.

The claw hovering over her began to lower. She recognized this machine. The Spectrum Extractor. She tried to run, but alas, her hooves wouldn't budge.

The claw latched itself around her waist and flank. The machine it was attached to came to life. It lifted Spectra up and slammed her against a flat wall. Spectra felt the breath get knocked out of her.

Against the wall, all four of her hooves were latched down. She couldn't move now, even if her hooves let her. Now she knows how all those poor ponies felt. Locked down, unable to run and flee. And now she was getting what she rightfully deserves.

A long syringe lowered down in front of her. It began to spin like a drill. Oh no. This is it. Thoughts and memories began to fog her eyes.

Her first Sonic Rainboom, memories of her parents, and the most recent of her friends. She didn't even know how she got here. Last she remembered, she was going to bed after the party.

It's like this is all some horrid nightmare. She caught sight of a figure, just a shadow though. Looked like an alicorn. An alicorn she knew...

A nightmare. she began to piece it together, This must be just a bad nightmare! But it felt so real. She couldn't believe it.

The drilling syringe came toward her slowly. She prayed for her life that it was just a dream. But what if it wasn't...

The syringe pierced her forehead, she felt restraint from her skull. Then she heard a crack.

"Waaaahhhhh!" She yelled, nearly jumping out of her bed.

She was in Rainbow Dash's cloud house. It WAS a dream. She sighed in relief. That's when Dash came through the roof of her room instantly.

"What is it?! Who's there?!" Dash yelled out, holding her fists in fighting stance.

"It's alright Dash... I had a bad dream. That's all." Spectra said to Dash sitting herself up in the bed.

"Oh..." Rainbow's eyes focused in on Spectra forehead, "You might wanna clean yourself up, I think you fell outta bed."

"I didn't fall out of my bed." Spectra replied in a questioning tone.

"Take a look at your forehead." She said pointing a hoof at the bedroom mirror.

Spectra got up from her bed and walked over to the mirror. She examined her forehead. Dash was right. She was bleeding from a small cut on her forehead. But she didn't remember falling out of bed.

Wait... Wasn't that all a dream though? She thought, "Uhh... I'll head down to the pond to clean this..."

"Alright, you need any help Spec?"

"No. I'll be fine."

"Okay. I'll be heading back to bed. Be careful next time." She said with a wink and a chuckle. She darted back through the cloud toward her room.

Spectra flew out of the cloud home, holding her hoof to her head to prevent more blood spill. She still couldn't wrap her mind around what the heck just happened. Her dream, caused her to be hurt...

"Weird..." Spectra said to herself as she landed beside a pond, close by to Dash's house.

She dipped her hoof in the water to rinse it off. Then when the blood was gone from her hoof, she dunked her whole head into the water. She watched as red swirls filled the water. There was minor stinging from the wound. But it didn't bother her too much.

When that syringe pierced my head, it felt so real... She pondered as she pulled her head out of the water, And I wake up, with this on my forehead?

Once she finished washing the blood away completely she felt her wound. It seemed to scab up mostly. At least it wasn't bleeding anymore. Feeling satisfied, and dreadfully tired after the events that occurred, she flew her way back to her room. And laid down on her soft cloud bed.

As tired as Spectra actually was, she just couldn't get herself to sleep. She kept wondering. Wondering how and why what just happened, happened.

"It just doesn't make sense!" She exclaimed, immediately putting her hoof to her mouth, I gotta be quiet. Rainbow might be sleeping.

The images of her dream kept running though her thoughts. The worse thing about it was the pain. The pain she felt was so real. She shivered at the thoughts of it. That's when Rainbow came into the room.

"Hey there Spec. You alright?" Dash asked.

"Yeah I'm fine just can't sleep..." Spectra replied.

"You too huh?" Rainbow trotted over and sat on the bed next to Spectra, "I've been thinking about just... Us I guess... Being related and all."

"Yeah..."

"But hey. I came in to talk to you. Are you okay? I mean, you said you had a bad dream. And you wake up with a wound in your forehead? That's not normal Spectra!"

"I know. I can't wrap my mind around it either."

"What was your nightmare about?"

"Well it-" She stopped herself. She can't tell Dash yet. No. "Eh, I don't wanna talk about it..."

"Oh. Alright then," Rainbow replied, "Well if you need to talk about it, I'm here. I've been through some things in my life. I can help you the best I can." She stated with a friendly, caring smile.

"Thanks Dash." Spectra said, returning the smile, "Well I'm going to try to get some rest. I'm exhausted."

"Same here," Rainbow replied, "Goodnight Spectra."

"Goodnight." Spectra replied, watching Rainbow fly out of the room.