• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 700 Views, 90 Comments

The Spectrum Chronicles: Dashes of Spectra - SonicRainbowDashie



Family reunions are great, unless there are secrets hidden...

  • ...
17
 90
 700

05 - Rainbows Aren't Pink...

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Twilight, and Spectra walked up to the door of Sugarcube Corner. Spectra suddenly fell back as a pink, hyper pony jumped out of nowhere at her.

"Surprise!" The ecstatic earth pony shouted in joy.

"Whoa?!" Spectra exclaimed in response as she fell back.

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just I heard you were coming into town the other day and I was just so happy! I was like," she gasped, "And then that's when it hit me, but not literally 'cause that would hurt. But I decided why not throw her a welcome party?! Isn't it a great idea? I thought you would love it!" The pony finished her ramble, Spectra barely able to keep up.

"What?" Spectra replied.

The pink pony laughed, "This party is a surprise party for you, silly billy."

"Surprise!" The other mares joined in, chuckling at Spectra's surprised reaction.

"By the way, I'm Pinkie Pie!" Pinkie finished giving Spectra a hoofshake.

"Uh, hi Pinkie. I'm Spectra." The confused pegasus replied.

"Hey you look just like Dashie!" The hyper pony gasped, "What if you two were related in some weird way?!"

Spectra took a look at Dash who had the same questioning look.

"Anyways, let's get to the party you silly billies! Fluttershy and Rarity are waiting for us!"

Pinkie Pie led the other mares into the bakery, where they were met by a yellow pegasus with a pink mane and a white unicorn with a purple mane.

The four sat down while Pinkie ran back into the kitchen in a rush.

The yellow pegasus was first to speak, "Hi there. You must be Spectra then?"

"Yeah. I'm still quite surprised to all of this..." She replied, looking around at the bright colored walls around the bakery.

"Well it's nice to meet you dear." The unicorn spoke up, "I'm Rarity, and this is Fluttershy."

"Nice to meet you." Fluttershy said in a hush tone.

"You too." Spectra replied, "It sure is nice here in Ponyville, all the ponies here are so nice." She stated smiling to all her new friends.

Their conversation was interrupted by Pinkie Pie coming back through the doorway with a tray of cupcakes and a small green alligator clung onto her mane.

"Alright everypony! Let's show Spectra how we party, Ponyville style!"

The others cheered in response to Pinkie, Spectra just chuckled at them.

"Whoa!" Spectra exclaimed as she was yanked out of her seat by Pinkie Pie.

"Come on Scratch! Let's play beat so these ponies can shake their groove thang!" Pinkie shouted to the white unicorn behind record table.

Scratch just gave Pinkie a head nod and threw a record on the turntable. The music started to play and Scratch just bobbed her head to the beat.

The ponies partied, for what felt like all night. Pinkie danced like the hyper pony she was, Rarity and Twilight mostly socialized, Dash and Applejack were bobbing for apples, and Spectra was mostly going with the flow. She was more than enjoying the fun at her surprise party.

Spectra walked over to Dash and Applejack, along with Pinkie bouncing beside her.

"Hey guys, having fun?" Spectra asked the two.

"Yessiree!" Applejack replied, "But Ah should be askin' ya'll that. This is yer surprise party after all."

"Well this is a blast!" Spectra stated.

Dash cut in, "Yeah this is better than Gummy's birthday party from last year!"

"I know right?! I just hope Gummy doesn't get to jealous." Pinkie Pie said giving a nudge to Spectra.

"Ha Ah doubt it. Look at the lil' fella, he's havin' the time of his life." Applejack replied pointing to the little gator dancing with his tail.

"Well I'm just glad we are only bobbing for apples this time rather than for Gummy's" Rainbow said with a chuckle.

Pinkie burst out laughing, "Oh yeah! Haha, sorry about that! Gummy just loves apples." Pinkie finished with a wide smile.

The others giggled at Pinkie's randomness, "Ah bet he does sugar cube." Applejack replied.

"Well I think I like 'apples' just as much as Gummy." Dash winked at Applejack then nudged Applejack with her hoof, "Hey I bet I can fish more apples than you!" She exclaimed.

"Oh yeah? That's some mighty big talkin' from a pegasus like you." Applejack replied, returning the wink.

"I bet I can beat a cowpony like you."

"What are we bettin' here anyways?" Applejack asked Rainbow.

"Uh, how about... Oh I know. If you win, I'll take you out for dinner tomorrow night." She nuzzled Applejack as she stated her bet.

"Aww." Spectra and Pinkie said in unison.

Applejack just looked at them and smiled, "Alright, and if you win, I'll give mah sugar cube some sugar tonight." She stated nuzzling Rainbow back. Rainbow Dash's wings fluttered in response.

Spectra and Pinkie said in unison, "Oooohh."

"Alright, me and Pinkie will leave you love ponies alone for your little competition." Spectra said.

Dash snapped out of her daze, "Oh alright Spec see ya! I gotta beat a certain cowpony at an apple bobbing contest!"

"Don't you get too excited now sugar cube." Applejack replied.

Spectra and Pinkie walked away from the two mares as they bobbed their heads into the barrel.

The ponies all partied most of their night away. All had fun, especially Spectra. The first two nights in her new home have been the best in her entire life. After the party was over, all the friends parted ways and went home. Rainbow Dash and Spectra Hue both flew home together to Dash's cloud home.

"And then I bobbed my head back up and I had caught two apples at once!" Rainbow exclaimed as she explained her competition to Spectra, "You shoulda seen the look on AJ's face!"

"Wow, so did you win the bet?" Spectra asked with a wink.

"Haha! Heck yeah! I owned my cowpony at an apple bobbing contest! That was awesome!" She almost lost her balance in flight, she was laughing so hard, "But we decided to save my 'winnings' for tomorrow. Since it's only your second night here and all. I thought you could use some company." Dash finished with a smile to Spectra.

"Thanks Dash. But you didn't need to stay away from your marefriend for me."

"Eh, it was nothing. That's what friends are for anyways." Rainbow replied playfully punching Spectra's side.

The two flew more when something else crept into Spectra's mind, "Hey Dash?"

"Yeah Spec, what's up?"

"Remember what Pinkie Pie said when we arrived at the party?"

"Huh? What part of it? Pinkie is so random."

"Well the part of us looking alike and all?"

"Oh yeah! I was curious back there. Why?"

"Well I was wondering if you were thinking the same I was when she brought it up?"

"Yeah I kinda was Spec," Rainbow replied, "What if we were related?"

"I don't know... It could be very possible. I never knew my family too well as a filly."

"Neither did I. It be so awesome if we were related!" The cyan pony exclaimed, ecstatically.

"Yeah. It would be cool. Maybe be should look into it sometime. It be cool to know."

"But hey, since were home now Spec," Dash stated pointing to the house. Spectra didn't even notice they were even close, "Let's get some rest. Another great day of cloud control tomorrow!"

"Yeah!" Spectra exclaimed in agreement.

The two friends hoof-bumped and flew inside, for a night of rest and relief. Ready to fly again tomorrow. Or so Spectra thought...

Author's Note:

*Sigh* I felt lack of creativeness writing the last two chapters. "I just don't know what went wrong!" Heheh, but I think I'm getting my creativeness back. Chapters should start getting better, if they seemed to drop in quality at all. Hope you enjoyed this one! Decided to make an appearance of DJ-P0N3 on request. ;)