• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 1,949 Views, 54 Comments

Today... - Curly_Q



Rainbow Dash has had a crush on Pinkie Pie ever since they met, but when Rainbow finds out that Pinkie Pie has a crush on somepony, she becomes determined to find out who.

  • ...
9
 54
 1,949

Let the Investigation Begin.

Today.

Today is the day. I'm finally going to get this over with. I've been waiting for the best chance I could possibly get to tell Pinkie Pie about my feelings for her. TODAY. I've told myself that so many times, but it seems like it's a lost cause almost every single time. I always procrastinate, my fears- no, my doubts- always seem to get the best of me. I'm not afraid! I never will be! But it just seems like every time I remind myself, I forget again. On purpose. Maybe if I just keep reminding myself...

Today, Rainbow Dash. TODAY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As I reached SugarCube Corner, those... doubts ... began to kick in again. What if Pinkie Pie actually didn't end up liking me back? What if she thinks I'm a weirdo for thinking things like this? Worst case scenario is that she runs away screaming and never speaks to me again, which, when you think about it, is rather silly to think about, since this is Pinkie Pie we're talking about. Pinkie Pie may be slightly insane sometimes, but I don't think she could handle leaving a friend... or, hopefully after today, a marefriend.

I'd stood there thinking for a little while without even realizing I'd just been standing in front of the door for about five minutes already. My heartbeat quickened as I knocked on the door. Great. I was already nervous. Today...

I was not ready when Pinkie opened the door. In fact, I jumped a bit. Just because I wasn't ready... not because I was scared or anything.

Pinkie's face brightened the second she saw me. That helped me a bit. "Hiya, Dashie!" She chimed, showing off that brilliant smile she gets every time she - well, pretty much all the time.

"Hey, Pinkie!" That's all I could say at that moment... normally I would ask what's up or something, but I just didn't feel like it.

"Well let's not waste our time standing in the boring ol' doorway, silly! Come on inside!" Without another word, the party pony spun around and hopped into SugarCube Corner.

I can't help but think about how it must feel to basically bounce around almost the entire day. Wouldn't your legs get tired? Like, really tired? It's just a thought, but I've always been curious as to why that doesn't wear her out. It's probably all that sugar she eats every single day.

I followed Pinkie inside and shut the door behind me. For a moment, I considered bailing, saying I had somewhere to be. Maybe I had to be practicing to audition for the Wonderbolts... Or maybe I forgot to clear the clouds this morning. Not that I do that all the time anyway.

No, Rainbow Dash... I thought to myself. TODAY.

"I just made a brand new superdy-duperdy scrumptious batch of cupcakes!" Pinkie's high, enthusiastic voice broke my train of thought, and I jumped a bit again. "You want one?" She held a cupcake out to me.

I looked at the cupcake. Did I want one? I couldn't tell whether my stomach was churning from nervousness or because I really didn't want to eat anything at the moment. I didn't exactly want a cupcake, but... Those eyes. When Pinkie looks at me with those adorable blue eyes of hers, I feel as if everything inside of me just melts. And that face... I couldn't resist that face either. I made my decision.

"Sure!" I said, half regretting it.

"Hooray!" Pinkie chimed, as she bounced over to a table. "Come sit with me Dashie!" She said, taking a bite of her own cupcake shortly afterwards.

Today. I thought, looking at the empty seat across the table from Pinkie. "Okay!" I said to her, then slowly glided over to my seat. This is it. The perfect moment. The moment I've been waiting for. The moment I keep putting off over and over and over again. But today is the day I finally do something about it. TODAY.

"So, Pinkie..." I started, then stopped. What EXACTLY do I say? How do I say it?!.... I'm doomed.

"Yes, Dashie?" She asked, looking at me once again with those giant, blue, irresistible eyes.

"You see, there's actually something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time..." I continued. Not a bad start, if I do say so myself; However, it wasn't the best.

Pinkie's eyes sparkled with curiosity and excitement as she looked at me. "What is it?"

"Uh... well..." I couldn't get any more words out. I was stuck. NOW what?!

Pinkie leaned in closer. "Yeeees?"

Today. I have to do this. I have to get this over with. "Well... you see I sort of have a crush-"

To my dismay, Pinkie Pie cut me off. "You have a crush?!" Her voice was filled with surprise and excitement, and I could see her eyes glimmering with happiness. "That's SO cute! I guess there's another thing we have in common!" Then she looked at me again and started laughing with that adorable laugh of hers.

I froze. "I guess there's another thing we have in common!"?! Pinkie Pie has a crush too?!

I completely failed to notice my facial expression at the moment, which was utterly shocked. But I don't think Pinkie noticed... I'm pretty sure she was too busy laughing. I should have known this was doomed from the start. This was not how I had planned this to go... at all.

Remember when I said the worst case scenario was her running out and screaming and never speaking to me again? Well... I lied. The fact that Pinkie Pie has admitted she has a crush on somepony is enough to hurt me. The question is: WHO is it? And I am going to find out even if it kills me.

Author's Note:

This is my first fic. I hope it's not absolutely awful. Please leave me helpful tips and criticisms as well as praise. I wanna become a great fanfic writer. ^^