• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 2,911 Views, 291 Comments

From man to mare: Time to tell - The Psychopath



Derry is now confronted with something dangerous that could shatter both his mind and his soul.

  • ...
7
 291
 2,911

Jewel and the draconequus

I just sat in the front of the mansion, waiting for Cyclon. In the meantime, I couldn't sleep the rest of the night, and my eyes were burning up. I absolutely hated it. However, if there's something I hate more than my eyes burning, it was Discord, and I had to deal with him and Jewel playing volleyball together...a few feet above the ground...with a delayed explosive that would expel all kinds of jelly everywhere. The ponies inside kept coming and going as they tried to deal with the few minor annoyances that Discord conjured up after he "fixed" the damages done. One of them, though, stopped right next to me. I simply lowered my head even more out of sheer anger and frustration.

"Hey, Cyclon."

"Silver."

We both remained silent for quite awhile while we stared at Discord snorkeling through a floating ball of what seemed to be orange juice. We both hated him tremendously and gritted our teeth accordingly. Twilight arrived as well, her wings still fluttering with nervousness and stress.

"Look, I know you two have had bad experiences wit Discord in the past, and I know he can be a bit...unpredictable."Twilight rubbed the back of her head with embarassment."But, I know he can be a good guy. He isn't all that bad. I mean, if the princess gave him a chance--"

"That's where I have to stop you, Twilight. Don't forget that she tried to kill the first moment she got without thinking of alternatives, just like she did with her sister. I don't like Celestia at all. I'm willing to give her a cha-*cough cough*. Erm. Pardon. I'm willing to give her a chance, but only if she does one thing that I will have to ask her in five days."

"Why five days?"

"That's very personal, Twilight. I'd prefer you keep quiet on that subject."

"But--"

"Just drop it." I told her with a hoof gesture.

She frowned and sighed while Cyclon just looked at her and shrugged in return.

"Besides, after what he did, I'm ready to wring his neck and tear him to shreds. I'm sure his skin would make a lovely rug."

My grin quickly disappeared once I saw Discord's skin literally floating in front of me like a flag. I nearly vomited once he showed up from behind this flapping atrocity. He was nothing but muscle and bloody meat now.

"Well, if you think that my likeness would do splendors for your interior decoration, I'd be happy to oblige."

"Ewwww. Hahahaha!" Jewel shouted as she flopped onto my head.

"Jewel. Get off."

"Oh. Sorry, mom."

Her climbing down was an irritating one, but Cyclon helped her deal with that ordeal while the draconequus put his skin back on.

"I think I'll go and train your guards, princess. See you later. Discord." he glared at the draconequus who simply smiled at him with the side of his eyes.

"Now then. I thought that bringing Discord over for the week could help you get better aquainted."

"I think you already said that." I said.

I didn't want to move my head, no matter what Discord was doing, but it seemed that he wouldn't give up, as he picked me up in his arms and cradled me.

"Let go of me you bastard."

"Now now. Such language. Don't worry, Twilight. We'll get along just fine."

"Like butter and apples." I snarl.

The draconequus leaned closer to the side of my face and whispered:

"I know your secret."

"I know." I answer bluntly.

"Not that one, you transexual idiot! The black plague slumbering in your chest. I saw you coughing it up. I can't SEE it see it, but I still know you have a disease that can't be treated. I also know that you don't want to tell the others."

I look at him with shock.

"Don't worry. I won't tell anypony. I especially know that you won't want to worry Amber Jewel."

He tilted me to show Jewel playing around with a bunch of butterflies he conjured up, along with Twilight giggling alongside my daughter as she got some sort of butterfly mustache.

"And now you've corrupted her."

"Why? Did that vault in your mind scare you? Just for reference, I was not in there. I don't know what happened, but it seemed quite terrible; How horrifying." he said with beady eyes above my face.

"What do you want, anyways?"

"Twilight asked me that I teach you how to destress." the draconequus deflated like a baloon.

"You aren't funny." I lift an eyebrow.

"Come now. Let's go into the forest. Grab my tail!"

"...Why?"

"Just do it."

I did just because, and nothing happened. Then he whipped me high and far into the air, allowing e to scream in fear and horror at what was happening. I could see the forest and stream far below closing in faster and faster. The freezing wind scraping against my face was not helpful either.

"OHSHITOSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHI--"

I stopped. In mid-air right above the ground. I could feel that my heart was about to give out, but that was when I was left to flop hard on the moldy green ground right below me. As I held my chest to massage it, I felt it burning again. This time, I vomited. It was like having magma in your throat. The pain was just unimaginable, but it was justified. I had vomited a huge amount of what looked like tar and my blood. The substance landed on the ground, sizzled and smoked a bit, before dissipating into the ground, killing all life there and created a brown crack. I could only gasp and wheeze at the scene. There was no more energy left in me for anything else.

"Oh my. What have we here. Litterin' and pollutin'. Ah'm gon' have ta fine ya for that m'am."

Discord was wearing what looked like a police costume, although it seemed...seventy-ish.

"..." I just couldn't speak. My throat hurt too much.

"Oh. Don't worry, Derry. I won't force you to talk. Welcome to my place of retirement."

The draconequus presented this forest proudly, and looking closely at it, I noticed it was a bright, although murky and swamp-like in nature. The grass was quite mushy, and off the trees hung what seemed like the typical mold usually found in swamps. The light was, at best, ambient, although it emphasized the creepy, sickly mood of this place.

"It's where I used to go when I wanted to relax back in the day. That means I rarely came here since I was always relaxing with chaos. Ahahahaha!" he chuckled and wiped from his eye that shot out like a bullet through several of the trees. "C'mon, I'll bring you to the open spot, and then I'll bring Jewel too."

My jaw moved up and down, but nothing came out, so he leaned closer sarcastically.

"Wh...What's that? You're okay with that idea? Perfect!"

I wanted to yell, but I settled with sighing instead. Being dragged by my hind-leg was...a drag. I'm in such bad shape that I'm doing terrible puns now. Ugh...


(Narrator transition)

While the two "friends" were getting better acquainted, a figure peered at the mare through the thick swamp-like canopy. Only the giant mushrooms growing around and the mold hanging from the tree branches were enough to hide its details. It was but a black figure with what seemed like horned protrusions coming from its head. It was too tall to be a pony, however. As it moved to hide further in the forest, its cranial protrusions seemed to have been tree branches, although its owned body was, apparently, nothing but hanging mold and mushrooms. It seemed to be nothing more than an unimportant optical illusion.